• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dissidia: Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia
  3. who are the top tanks in GL and JP?

User Info: jaganshi2

jaganshi2
1 month ago#1
Who are the top 3-5 tanks in GL and JP?

Be a part of Jaganshi-mania! Just text to 2334
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: TitanOxide

TitanOxide
1 month ago#2
Right now Zack is unequalled in single-target tanking.
WoL or Basch will be your go-to for AoE.

Garuf and Celes make a note for melee and magic respectively, Leon handles anything that is Non-elemental, and Edge is about to drop soon-ish as a dodge-tank.
Aranea is the best Final Fantasy character! Change my mind!

User Info: AuraBurqa

AuraBurqa
1 month ago#3
-JP-

Tanking Capability:
WoL
Basch
Gladiolus
Nine

Damage Capability:
Gladiolus
Nine
WoL
Basch

None of the other tanks really compare to these 4 simply due to a lack of an LD weapon.

Opera Omnia ID [Aura]: 967686279 (60/60 Setzer | MLB 15/35/EX/EX+)
[JP] Opera Omnia ID: 298249489 (70/70 Amidatelion | MLB 15/35/EX/LD/EX+)

User Info: VeraMagna

VeraMagna
1 month ago#4
AuraBurqa posted...
-JP-

Tanking Capability:
WoL
Basch
Gladiolus
Nine

Damage Capability:
Gladiolus
Nine
WoL
Basch

None of the other tanks really compare to these 4 simply due to a lack of an LD weapon.
I don't know about that. Snow's EX still wreck things and there's no replacing Edge's dodge tank when you need it.

User Info: SinisterVenom

SinisterVenom
1 month ago#5
Zack and WoL

AuraBurqa
1 month ago#6
VeraMagna posted...
I don't know about that. Snow's EX still wreck things and there's no replacing Edge's dodge tank when you need it.
Not exactly true. Edge has never been needed and his gimmick is not able to be kept up for long enough unless you pair him with 2 buff extenders. The issue there is that none of the buff extenders do any good damage except Sazh, and Edge already does very low damage in current JP's terms.

As for Snow, in the interest of remaining on-topic about who is the BEST, Gladiolus completely out-classes Snow. They both reduce incoming BRV damage to 0, however:
• Gladiolous also can protect other allies like Galuf instead of relying on Provoke (which every Lufenia boss has had the ability to remove framed debuffs consistantly).
• Gladiolous can heal the entire party; Snow can't.
• Gladiolous can supply a LOT of BRV gain with every action he takes (including HP+); Snow can't.
• Gladiolous can counter with a powerful attack that also has 50% splash; Snow can't.
• Gladiolous and Snow have very similar EXs in that they deal splash on the last set of hits, but Gladiolous' EX is stronger than Snow's in terms of damage, and it provides party BRV gain.
Literally the only thing Snow can do that Gladio can't is provoke, but as mentioned above, that is worse than covering your allies since Provoke is a debuff that can be both ignored (if immune) or removed (which all recent bosses can do).

Neither Edge or Snow evenly compare to the 4 tanks I listed. They are useable, yes. Even good. BEST? No. TC asked for the best 3-5 tanks. I can't just list every tank in the game. And I think most other JP players would agree with me here that the 4 I listed are definitely the current standout tanks in JP atm.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: VeraMagna

VeraMagna
1 month ago#7
AuraBurqa posted...
Not exactly true. Edge has never been needed and his gimmick is not able to be kept up for long enough unless you pair him with 2 buff extenders. The issue there is that none of the buff extenders do any good damage except Sazh, and Edge already does very low damage in current JP's terms.

As for Snow, in the interest of remaining on-topic about who is the BEST, Gladiolus completely out-classes Snow. They both reduce incoming BRV damage to 0, however:
• Gladiolous also can protect other allies like Galuf instead of relying on Provoke (which every Lufenia boss has had the ability to remove framed debuffs consistantly).
• Gladiolous can heal the entire party; Snow can't.
• Gladiolous can supply a LOT of BRV gain with every action he takes (including HP+); Snow can't.
• Gladiolous can counter with a powerful attack that also has 50% splash; Snow can't.
Gladiolous and Snow have very similar EXs in that they deal splash on the last set of hits, but Gladiolous' EX is stronger than Snow's. Literally the only thing Snow can do that Gladio can't is provoke, but as mentioned above, that is worse than covering your allies since Provoke is a debuff that can be both ignored (if immune) or removed (which all recent bosses can do).

Neither Edge or Snow evenly compare to the 4 tanks I listed. They are useable, yes. Even good. BEST? No. TC asked for the best 3-5 tanks. I can't just list every tank in the game. And I think most other JP players would agree with me here that the 4 I listed are definitely the current standout tanks in JP atm.
Okay, fair. But I still hold my case on Edge by virtue of uniqueness, even if impractical. Besides, once Yuna gets her BT, Edge/Yuna/Sazh loadout will skyrocket. If future bosses doesn't spam sure hit that is.

User Info: iceman1488

iceman1488
1 month ago#8
Yea I feel like gladiolus made snow and galuf obsolete but heres hoping there LD weapons make them stand out more

User Info: JayRPG

JayRPG
1 month ago#9
AuraBurqa posted...
-JP-

Tanking Capability:
WoL
Basch
Gladiolus
Nine

Damage Capability:
Gladiolus
Nine
WoL
Basch

AuraBurqa posted...
Gladiolous can heal the entire party; Snow can't.
I pretty much agree with your list but Snow can heal the team, his CLV 65 ability provides a 5 turn party HP regen, I remember using it in my duo Jack + Snow FeoD 11 complete and it was a clutch HP requirement save. It may not be the best heal but its better than 0 heals.

Other than that Gladio does indeed outclass Snow + Galuf though, his kit is really strong currently.
DFFOO [JP]: https://imgur.com/kcrvWWJ
DFFOO [GL]: https://imgur.com/HlNatnv
(edited 1 month ago)

AuraBurqa
1 month ago#10
JayRPG posted...
I pretty much agree with your list but Snow can heal the team, his CLV 65 ability provides a 5 turn party HP regen, I remember using it in my duo Jack + Snow FeoD 11 complete and it was a clutch HP requirement save. It may not be the best heal but its better than 0 heals.

Other than that Gladio does indeed outclass Snow + Galuf though, his kit is really strong currently.
Ah, my mistake then. I've used Snow quite a bit in my YT videos in the past but that still escaped my mind somehow. It is a rather weak heal though. Snow's is 5% vs. Gladio's 20% HP regen (matched only by Lenna). So he still does a much better job at that than Snow too, but yes he can heal a little with his limited c65. I forgot 🙃
(edited 1 month ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Dissidia: Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia
  3. who are the top tanks in GL and JP?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A