• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Delta0126

Delta0126
1 month ago#1
I get Aranea seemed pretty much built for multi-target boss fights like this, and I kinda figured she'd alleviate the difficulty for this, but I'm still surprised at how easy she made this fight. I remember when I did this in JP I had to reset so many times because I kept going over the turn count. The fight wasn't really hard, just the main boss itself had a lot of hp plus the turn count was pretty tight.

Anyway, got this done with:

Aranea EX+ 3/3
Zack EX+ 3/3
Ignis EX+ 0/3

I was originally gonna go with Rosa, she was also what I went with in JP, but went with Ignis just for fun.
There is a Ghost in my attic and he says: "It's very dark up here...." ....Oh right....and he also says: "Boo."

User Info: DemitriMaximoff

DemitriMaximoff
1 month ago#2
extremely easy,very straightforward chaos...

I used squall setzer Y'shtola

But I bet almost with any 3x 3/3 character people can complete this chaos

User Info: holyknight14

holyknight14
1 month ago#3
Nothing interesting to note, used the cookie cutter comp

Aranea, Zack, Rosa | Shiva | Aranea friend

User Info: Hlz321

Hlz321
1 month ago#4
Rinoa, Celes, Aranea, all EX+ 3/3, Brothers
999k score
52 turns
no hp damage taken

User Info: Rasevales

Rasevales
1 month ago#5
Aranea, Setzer, Zack all 3/3 EX+, Brothers, friend Aranea
Score: 850,053
Turns: 59

Pretty simple stuff. Once I got rid of the smaller mobs, the boss didn't get to move. Between Aranea and Setzer delaying and breaking, it was a matter of killing the boss so it didn't respawn the smaller mobs
There is nothing either good or bad
But thinking makes it so.

User Info: memek123

memek123
1 month ago#6
ez 999.999 aranea 40 turn

User Info: ChanceofCloudy

ChanceofCloudy
1 month ago#7
holyknight14 posted...
Nothing interesting to note, used the cookie cutter comp

Aranea, Zack, Rosa | Shiva | Aranea friend

I used the same but only management 817k, in 64 turns, Golbez Friend (didn’t have an Arenea friend at the time of battle and Brothers) Perhaps I went too conservative and used HP++ too many times instead of just spamming Arenea’s S1/S2.

memek123 posted...
ez 999.999 aranea 40 turn

Wow, who was your other mates, friend and summon? I really need to lock down on the game mechanics and learning how to use Arenea and other characters properly.

User Info: ChanceofCloudy

ChanceofCloudy
1 month ago#8
Delta0126 posted...
I get Aranea seemed pretty much built for multi-target boss fights like this, and I kinda figured she'd alleviate the difficulty for this, but I'm still surprised at how easy she made this fight. I remember when I did this in JP I had to reset so many times because I kept going over the turn count. The fight wasn't really hard, just the main boss itself had a lot of hp plus the turn count was pretty tight.

Anyway, got this done with:

Aranea EX+ 3/3
Zack EX+ 3/3
Ignis EX+ 0/3

I was originally gonna go with Rosa, she was also what I went with in JP, but went with Ignis just for fun.

I went in blind with that same group and same 3/3, 3/3, 0/3 but missed the turn count by 1. I’m still learning how to use Ignis. In this case, were you using him as brave battery or attacker? How often do you Regroup.

I finished it easier with the bottom grouping as some of the other players mentioned.

User Info: Delta0126

Delta0126
1 month ago#9
ChanceofCloudy posted...
I went in blind with that same group and same 3/3, 3/3, 0/3 but missed the turn count by 1. I’m still learning how to use Ignis. In this case, were you using him as brave battery or attacker? How often do you Regroup.

Hmm, odd. Maybe you were a bit too frugal with your skill uses? I was being a bit frugal myself, honestly, mainly because as I mentioned in the OP I had a difficult time doing this in JP so I wanted to be a bit careful. I got the turn count to 62, myself, but I'm pretty certain I could've gotten it lower.

For Ignis I just stuck him on Memory Lane Pastry for the debuff immunity (not that the poison debuff really matters much, but it's annoying), then switched to Papa Bird & Baby Bowl once the adds died and I could delay the boss with Aranea's S1. I didn't really Regroup very often, I used it initially to get the First Aid buff on otherwise the only other times I used it was when I could get his EX up by using it.

Edit: I just remembered someone over on the discord made a quick flow chart for Ignis's skills a way long time ago when he released in JP, which may or may not be helpful.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/275939518954209280/578996062694539264/Ignis_skills.jpg
There is a Ghost in my attic and he says: "It's very dark up here...." ....Oh right....and he also says: "Boo."

User Info: LuminousAndroid

LuminousAndroid
1 month ago#10
I completed this using this team:

Zack, Rosa, Emperor (all purple)
Shiva summon and a friend I didn't use
789138 in 65 turns

Bonus: The tickets I received from this Chaos finally gave me Aranea's EX!!!
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A