• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Hlz321

Hlz321
6 days ago#31
She looks busted even without EX+, 2 turn delay, re-break, debuff that raises critical bravery damage, maybe she will be better than Leo as friend support, and Leo is still two months away lol.

User Info: HatchetRyda

HatchetRyda
6 days ago#32
If you have gems still sitting in summon boards nows the time to start grinding them if you need them.

User Info: ellis123

ellis123
6 days ago#33
victorsoh posted...
However, the following two cases does not support the idea:
Given that Aranea's normal [Dragoon Dive]'s first two-hits dealt normal BRV damage (i.e. 1883 and 1864)
Given that Critical Damage is 1.25x Normal Damage, and [Dragoon Dive] has Critical damage +50%, hence Critical Damage from [Dragoon Dive] should be 1.75x Normal Damage.
I was referring to her having an *additional* crit bonus, not just a standard x1.25 + x0.5 = x1.75 that you'd get only from applying the Dragoon Dive one. I was saying that she actually was getting x2.25 but, randomly, the additional passive-based one was applying afterwards for whatever reason.

HatchetRyda posted...
What would be the best support units for her? And what spheres will ppl be giving her?
Until we know what spheres she even has available it's a bit impossible to say. I guess if she's gets an E slot basically everyone will be putting Vanille's on her (RIP everyone who wasted it early) but other than that it's a bit too up in the air. What if she got ABE and her own sphere was too good as to eat up the A slot? Then you'd be stuck with only the B slot being a mystery in part because no one would have expected it in the first place. What happens if she actually has an AEE set up? What if it's actually ADE? It's really too early to say anything other than it's guaranteed that she has at least one A node and is extremely likely to get two. The third, however, is a bit more up in the air between A (most likely, meaning she gets the weak AAA line up), D (second most likely due to just how many buffs she has), and E (wishful thinking and not likely at all unless her EX brings something new to the table).
"A shouted order to do something of dubious morality with an unpredictable outcome? Thweeet!"
My FC is in my profile.

User Info: victorsoh

victorsoh
6 days ago#34
igor140 posted...
i think what's happening is that she does her 6-hit combo like every other character, but IF that includes crit hits (and hits against broken enemies are auto-crits), then she accumulates an additional 50% of the BRV damage she just inflicted.

if you look at it very carefully during 0:13, her she only accrues ~23k BRV... and then unleashes a 30k hit. the only thing i can think of is that her "150% on crit" feature doesn't mean that each crit hit does 50% more damage; it means that she attacks with 50% more total BRV if any part of her attack crit'd... which is almost guaranteed as far as i can tell.
👍 Thanks @igor140 for the idea :)
Aranea gaining 50% of total BRV damage dealt after an unknown condition is met, certaintly sounds less overpowered than an extra 50% HP Damage after an unknown condition is met 😇

However, I don't think she accrued ~23k BRV, because Aranea's normal [Dragoon Dive] dealt 21393 BRV damage = 3563 + 1883 + 1864 + 3479 + 3536 + 3550 + 3518
i.e. 21393 < 23000
I actually observed it as 28k instead of 23k though.
My hardest challenge was completing Soulcage CHAOS using only 3 EX+ Ingots @ https://bit.ly/2EIbiDY

User Info: Hlz321

Hlz321
6 days ago#35
HatchetRyda posted...
What would be the best support units for her? And what spheres will ppl be giving her?

We don't even know which spheres slots she has yet.

But if she has a E sphere slot, Vanille's sphere will be great on her, she has 8 uses on her re-break skill, maybe more if she gets free uses after EX or C65. Vayne has 5 I think, but he recover skills uses upon using his EX ability, so we will have to wait until next video showcasing her EX and C65 to see who's better for Vanille's sphere.

User Info: Linelo

Linelo
6 days ago#36
HatchetRyda posted...

I'm giving her King's sphere at the least. We'll see how her slots are arranged.
Long may Emperor reign.
DFFOO: 388687592

User Info: Krentaris

Krentaris
6 days ago#37
Are people forgetting the Break Bonus of 9000 is going straight to Aranea? She did break the skeleton.

Dragoon Dive has 150% overflow. 21393 + 9000 = 30393 which is just over the cap of 30213.

The effects of Overclock don't appear to take effect until after the skill is used. I'm going to hazard a guess at "Miss Mercenary" being a CS50 or some other passive that is active while she has Overclock on, seeing as they were applied immediately in sequence.
"Perfectionism becomes desirable when it stimulates the healthy pursuit of excellence."
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: TitanOxide

TitanOxide
6 days ago#38
victorsoh posted...
Any other ideas 😇
Both ideas are busted with her doing Dragoon Dive+
Her hits are:
Totaling to 39,593, plus her brave of 2351 at the start of the attack equals the 41,944 she dealt in HP damage.
But looking at it again... Miss Mercenary didn't proc.
I think I may be onto something.

Krentaris posted...
Are people forgetting the Break Bonus of 9000 is going straight to Aranea? She did break the skeleton.
Yep! :P
Don't mind me, just trying to be a smarty doing the maths.
Aranea is the best Final Fantasy character! Change my mind!
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: victorsoh

victorsoh
6 days ago#39
Krentaris posted...

Dragoon Dive has 150% overflow. 21393 + 9000 = 30393 which is just over the cap of 30213.
👍 THANK YOU @Krentaris ! Because I DID forget the 9000 Break Bonus 😝
The math adds up now 😊
My hardest challenge was completing Soulcage CHAOS using only 3 EX+ Ingots @ https://bit.ly/2EIbiDY

User Info: igor140

igor140
6 days ago#40
HatchetRyda posted...
well... based upon what we've seen, i don't think she needs any more support than the standard mBRV/ ATK auras... so rosa, ignis, serah, vanille, bartz... the usual suspects.

if her "150% crits" thing works the way i think it does, she really just needs the mBRV most of all. assuming it's possible to get her 6 hits to 9999 each, her limiting factor should ALWAYS be her mBRV; especially if you have a good battery.

EDIT: just read @Krentaris and @TitanOxide 's posts... and it seems it probably does NOT work the way i think it does... which only means that ATK will also be important.

i don't think it's unreasonable to assume her EX+ has a group HP attack built into it somehow, but otherwise her splash is a bit weak. i mean, it's certainly better than NO splash, but an AoE character might be a good idea. especially one who heavily abuses pre-broken characters like emperor...
FFBE: 229.361.850; 2000 hyoh, 1200/1350 malphasie, 1600 TT (SoT)
(edited 6 days ago)
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A