• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Shinigami2784

Shinigami2784
6 days ago#11
Even without showing her EX or banner mate, this has convinced me to pity her.
It's a trick, get an axe.

User Info: Loinator

Loinator
6 days ago#12
Even a really slow EX wont hold her back.

Pity was never soo easy before.
I finish ALL MH games using just Lances. Every Boss. Every Quest. Yeah. Since begin. Yeah o/.

User Info: Asheron61

Asheron61
6 days ago#13
Krentaris posted...
Interesting! Firstly, I can't believe we actually got the ability and buff percentages from an official source, that's unprecedented! I can't help but feel that was partially Josh's suggestion. He's active enough in the community to know those of us enthusiastic about the game would appreciate it.
Good call, I didn't even think about that. It definitely feels like Josh's doing, he's a good dude.

User Info: ellis123

ellis123
6 days ago#14
Dinah713 posted...
Her buffs look unbelievably strong. Top tier and we haven't even seen her ex stuff yet.
Not only that but we haven't even seen her *EX+* stuff yet. At the beginning they state that she's still unrealized but with a maxed out EX weapon. That is potentially insane as EX+'s represent a very high spike in power level even if you're not using them and usually come with a high boost to stats (through a % passive) and usually make getting important buffs (such as Overclock here) considerably easier/more consistent. To say the least Aranaea is so strong that she's able to exist in an EX+ world even if you leave her at EX.

We'll still really have to wait on her EX ability to know how good she is, awkwardly. While her overall kit is so good she is guaranteed to be a top 5 unit already she lacks a good way to keep up Overclock and doesn't start with it (ie. what her 2/3 is going to no doubt fix) so she'll have to burn a bit on trash waves that she really doesn't want to (she doesn't have bad longevity, but she really wants to save her skills from the looks of things). She also only hits with one HP attack on her abilities which means she's going to run into the hard cap issue most likely.

In any case I expect her to be Sherlotta tier with no EX+ (her debuff is pretty ridiculous as a team support option when mixed with her absolutely amazing turn manipulation) and to be our best Phys DPS option with her EX+. She, however, will be worse than The Emperor/Ulti unless her EX/+ comes with some additional effects to either help her with longevity, gives something like a free turn or two, or helps her keep up Overclock permanently. She is hands down the best option for Vanille's sphere that we'll see if she actually has the slot for it (sadly I don't think she'll get an E slot). Overall she's about exactly where I expected her though I wish that they did a bit more in terms of having a transformative kit.
"A shouted order to do something of dubious morality with an unpredictable outcome? Thweeet!"
My FC is in my profile.

User Info: holyknight14

holyknight14
6 days ago#15
My god even without EX+ buffs she looks disgusting. Instant pull

User Info: Pando0

Pando0
6 days ago#16
Krentaris posted...
Interesting! Firstly, I can't believe we actually got the ability and buff percentages from an official source, that's unprecedented! I can't help but feel that was partially Josh's suggestion. He's active enough in the community to know those of us enthusiastic about the game would appreciate it.

Yeah, just the overall format displaying description etc and doing this also without synergy is a huge step up from the usual.

Hope this will stays for future chars as well !

Beside that, Aranea looks really solid, the boosts, the number of hits, delay and rebreak, those splash on S2 and that sweet HP+ are all pretty amazing. Thats sounds like some serious DD with decent tricks on the side. Now really can't wait for that second vid about what the EX+ could bring and if she can get her buffs at starts etc.
OpticCarb0n14 posted...
2 turn delays plus re-breaks, oh lawdy

My thoughts exactly. Wonder how the EX willadd to it.
Aranea is the best Final Fantasy character! Change my mind!

User Info: haube85

haube85
6 days ago#18
yes i will max her out ASAP
Epic Seven IG: ReyzaRain | DFFOO: 486185380 | Last Cloudia: 172749538

User Info: victorsoh

victorsoh
6 days ago#19
Does anyone know why Aranea's normal [Dragoon Dive] at Turn 1 dealt 30213 HP Damage?
  • 30123 = 150% of her MAX BRV at Turn 1 = 1.5 x 20142

Because this are her available info during Turn 1:
  • INT BRV = 3563
  • 1st Hit = 1883
  • 2nd Hit = 1864
  • 3rd Hit = 3479
  • 4th Hit = 3536
  • 5th Hit = 3550
  • 6th Hit = 3518

But the above only sums to 21393
Therefore, Aranea magically gained at least 8820 BRV from somewhere?

Does JP currently have another way to gain BRV when using S1 🤔❓
My hardest challenge was completing Soulcage CHAOS using only 3 EX+ Ingots @ https://bit.ly/2EIbiDY

User Info: Sir Will

Sir Will
6 days ago#20
Between this and Leo, why is Quistis still at only 3 uses? Does she every get buffed with more?
River Song: Well, I was off to this gay gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled when I thought 'Gosh, the Third Reich's a bit rubbish, I think i'll kill the Fuhrer'
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A