• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Dinah713

Dinah713
3 days ago#1
https://twitter.com/DissidiaFFOO/status/1228408573031567361

They will show her ex and ex + tomorrow

Thoughts? She looks pretty insane. Pulling 100% and btw the weapon is unrealized so of course damage is low for now.
I support KOS-MOS for Smash Ultimate!
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: Linelo

Linelo
3 days ago#2
Mary Poppins looks lethal.
Long may Emperor reign.
DFFOO: 388687592

User Info: OpticCarb0n14

OpticCarb0n14
3 days ago#3
2 turn delays plus re-breaks, oh lawdy

User Info: Kowalls

Kowalls
3 days ago#4
Haha, those that wanted 15yr rikku instead and declared they weren't going to pull her cause of salt are going to have to cave to that skill set. Turn delay!? 150 overflow! Cancels break so that you can break them again!!!!!!!!

User Info: Dinah713

Dinah713
3 days ago#5
Her buffs look unbelievably strong. Top tier and we haven't even seen her ex stuff yet.
I support KOS-MOS for Smash Ultimate!

User Info: SleepingKnight

SleepingKnight
3 days ago#6
My gems are ready to pity if neccesary ;)
Plant a house & build a tree

User Info: TitanOxide

TitanOxide
3 days ago#7
SleepingKnight posted...

Aranea is the best Final Fantasy character! Change my mind!

User Info: Krentaris

Krentaris
3 days ago#8
Interesting! Firstly, I can't believe we actually got the ability and buff percentages from an official source, that's unprecedented! I can't help but feel that was partially Josh's suggestion. He's active enough in the community to know those of us enthusiastic about the game would appreciate it.

Secondly, she may be a selfish damage dealer but I expect she is going to deal a lot of it. As soon as I saw that 'Bonecrusher' debuff I thought, oh no. A debuff that makes the enemy receive critical damage on all attacks, and also magnifies it? Assuming that this doesn't just apply to her own abilities. Then she herself has higher critical damage on top of it.

30% splash damage on a HP+ looks pretty good too. That looks similar to what characters like Hope does, except Aranea will probably hit harder due to her modifiers and she also does group BRV hits.

She has delay utility on both her skills. S1 that delays for 2 turns, and S2 that unbreaks and rebreaks like Vayne's EX+. But this applies only to the selected target so you'll need to be careful with break order. 150% overflow with 80% splash damage is freaking nasty - and it's even worse because she gives herself +30% extra with her buff so it's technically 180%, and that's before any additional effects from e.g. Serah, Rosa or Ignis. She's gonna straight up make some characters redundant as DPS, and the best part is she's ranged (physical) so isn't saturating our pool of busted magic characters.

I just want to see what her EX+ does now. I'm actually surprised that Highwind is a regular skill. She looks very cool as well, I never knew how much I wanted a badass dragoon that isn't Freya.

Edit: Linelo pointed out the EX charge speed too, 3 skills for initial cast, that looks like Normal? Phew, getting pretty spicy up in here.
"Perfectionism becomes desirable when it stimulates the healthy pursuit of excellence."
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: Sir Will

Sir Will
3 days ago#9
SleepingKnight posted...

Mine aren't quite, but they will be if it comes to it. I don't know the character, but I like me some delay and if she's as good as people are thinking I can't pass her up.
River Song: Well, I was off to this gay gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled when I thought 'Gosh, the Third Reich's a bit rubbish, I think i'll kill the Fuhrer'

User Info: Linelo

Linelo
3 days ago#10
Look at that EX charge speed
Long may Emperor reign.
DFFOO: 388687592
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A