• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: TitanOxide

TitanOxide
2 weeks ago#1
Finally started getting around to the new story chapter last night, new toad enemies. Wanting to check what they're all about I noticed they have an immunity. Frog.

I'm pretty sure no one can cause a Frog debuff, is this some foreshadowing for a character they have in the works? What whould the status even do?
Speculation start!

Quina's EX could be Frog Drop and inflict AoE Frog.
Rude being a brawler, and already having Grand Spark in his moveset, Frog Jab maybe?
Aranea is the best Final Fantasy character! Change my mind!

User Info: Asheron61

Asheron61
2 weeks ago#2
Do they give a Frog debuff? Could be there to stop Yuffie from throwing it back.

User Info: ff7fan321v2

ff7fan321v2
2 weeks ago#3
Asheron61 posted...
Do they give a Frog debuff? Could be there to stop Yuffie from throwing it back.
They do in fact inflict Frog.

Toad: Magic BRV attack;
inflicts Frog

(They never live long enough to inflict Frog but they can) =P
PSN - ff7fan321
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: TitanOxide

TitanOxide
2 weeks ago#4
...yep!
https://gamefaqs1.cbsistatic.com/user_image/3/2/5/AASRzCAAALjd.jpg
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: ellis123

ellis123
2 weeks ago#5
Ye, there are a *lot* of misc ailments that enemies can inflict on you. This is just a case where they've also made it so there's no potential shenanigans that can happen to the enemies as well.
"A shouted order to do something of dubious morality with an unpredictable outcome? Thweeet!"
My FC is in my profile.

User Info: DungNgo88

DungNgo88
2 weeks ago#6
Just encountered that Frog enemy. I kept BRV attacking it to wait for it to use Toad skill. Was hoping that Frog status can turn character into a frog like in FF7

Nope, that status just reduces Atk and max HP
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A