• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dissidia: Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia
  3. I don't like using Ultimecia. Anyone else?

User Info: WafflePower

WafflePower
1 month ago#11
ff7fan321v2 posted...
I have Ultimecia full EX+, Armor+, 5 Summon Boards, Good Arts. I HATE using her.

Her EX into multiple turns only seems to burn skills. Sure you can burn straight into another EX and each gets 1 free. But her skills that way burn out before anyone else. Her damage for those turns isn’t amazing. Batteries between turns allows lots of characters to achieve higher number per skill count. With most Chaos matches being a marathon not a sprint I just never find her good.

ff7fan321v2 posted...
Huzzah the GFAQS trifecta have arrived! People who try to help, people who agree and people who are triggered cause you don’t like/don’t know how to use the unit they like. =D

I’m not very good at team building in this game. So I usually check around here for people who have beat things with the guys I have maxed. And I can usually do it.

I’ve used Ultimecia to good result...I just don’t like her. Was just wondering if other people felt the same way. I’m thankful there are lots of choices for Chaos now though.
It’s not the fact you don’t like her, it’s the fact that you said she’s not good because you don’t like her. Like Titan said, you have to utilize her HP++ and Maelstrom. If you know how to use her, then she is a great character.
Dissidia OO ID: 505377784

User Info: Krentaris

Krentaris
1 month ago#12
It'll admit that I am mildly "triggered", and it's partially because blitzing through stages with her is among the most fun I've had playing the game (next to Relm + Layle + Pandemonium launch shenanigans)...

But it's mostly because of the way it's presented. There's a difference between saying "I know they're strong, I just don't like characters who take a lot of turns" and "I don't think she's very good because xyz". One of those is an opinion, one I don't share but we all have them. The other is factually incorrect. People disliking things for verifiably false reasons just doesn't sit right with me because it seems like an attempt to spread misinformation, even if that isn't the case at all.

I should just stay out of these topics really though lol.
"Perfectionism becomes desirable when it stimulates the healthy pursuit of excellence."

User Info: ff7fan321v2

ff7fan321v2
1 month ago#13
So people are angry because I said “I just never find her good.” though this is different than “She is not good.”

Clearly by the way I stated I was using her I’m using her wrong and I can admit that. I was and am going to take the very first reply to practice and try using her again.

Mainly I need to get out of the thought process skills are always better. Vanille, Serah and Y’shtola with their HP+(+)’s have already helped there.
PSN - ff7fan321

User Info: WafflePower

WafflePower
1 month ago#14
ff7fan321v2 posted...
So people are angry because I said “I just never find her good.” though this is different than “She is not good.”

Clearly by the way I stated I was using her I’m using her wrong and I can admit that. I was and am going to take the very first reply to practice and try using her again.

Mainly I need to get out of the thought process skills are always better. Vanille, Serah and Y’shtola with their HP+(+)’s have already helped there.
If you don’t already know, Maelstrom also has a gravity effect (4/5th), just like Hell’s Judgement (7/10th) so don’t be afraid to use it when the enemy has high BRV.
Dissidia OO ID: 505377784

User Info: heimdalgc

heimdalgc
1 month ago#15
Protean swords
Hp+
Hp+
Hp+
Hp+
Skill
Ex
Skill
hp+
Skill
Hp+
Hp+
Hp+
Hp+
Ex
Skill
Hp+
Skill
Hp+
Hp+
Hp+

Blah bla

Use more hp+
Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind

User Info: cityyankee24

cityyankee24
1 month ago#16
Pretty much what Heim listed is the general flowchart for Chaos. Sometimes, throw in her CS65 ability for the extra damage.

Anything below Chaos, just spam abilities. She's boring AF but very strong.
Don't mind me, just making contact
|(-_-)__

User Info: WilliamDS

WilliamDS
1 month ago#17
she burn her skill very fast? for me it is the opposite... her brv++ and hp++ make her long lasting for me.... I found Emperor burning up his skills much faster than Ultimecia... make me like her better than Emperor
3DS Friend Code 2938-7140-9516; FFBE: 426,543,153; FFRK

User Info: SergioOO

SergioOO
1 month ago#18
I disliked using her too and found her pretty boring, but that's due to animations/character itself.
GL co-op sucks.

User Info: Dinosquash

Dinosquash
1 month ago#19
heimdalgc posted...
Protean swords
Hp+
Hp+
Hp+
Hp+
Skill
Ex
Skill
hp+
Skill
Hp+
Hp+
Hp+
Hp+
Ex
Skill
Hp+
Skill
Hp+
Hp+
Hp+

Blah bla

Use more hp+
throw in brv when s*** gets spicy
365,573,876 - Fry or TT
"Then what should an Angel fight for, Zack? What do Angels dream of ?!?!"

User Info: Crazy_Talk

Crazy_Talk
1 month ago#20
Dinosquash posted...
throw in brv when s*** gets spicy
For real though, her brv attack saved me in Pathos 7 and Entropy 3.
Hope for the best, but expect nothing
  1. Boards
  2. Dissidia: Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia
  3. I don't like using Ultimecia. Anyone else?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A