• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dissidia: Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia
  3. I don't like using Ultimecia. Anyone else?

User Info: ff7fan321v2

ff7fan321v2
4 days ago#1
I have Ultimecia full EX+, Armor+, 5 Summon Boards, Good Arts. I HATE using her.

Her EX into multiple turns only seems to burn skills. Sure you can burn straight into another EX and each gets 1 free. But her skills that way burn out before anyone else. Her damage for those turns isn’t amazing. Batteries between turns allows lots of characters to achieve higher number per skill count. With most Chaos matches being a marathon not a sprint I just never find her good.
PSN - ff7fan321

User Info: TitanOxide

TitanOxide
4 days ago#2
Honestly, rely on her HP++, it's one of the best ones in the game right now.
EX > Free skill > Skill > HP++
If you only use her HP++ (or Maelstrom if needed) after that she'll have her EX up before either of her two buffs run out. Thoroughly helps her longevity and she can still put out 20k minimum without battery or her self brave regen.
Aranea is the best Final Fantasy character! Change my mind!

User Info: cityyankee24

cityyankee24
4 days ago#3
TC doesn't know how to maximize and/or use Ultimecia, therefore she is bad. Where have I seen topics like this come up before?
Don't mind me, just making contact
|(-_-)__

User Info: Krentaris

Krentaris
4 days ago#4
Not this again. Don't feel like arguing logically this time around, just gonna say that I love using her and she always delivers great results.

But then I like free turn characters in general (Vayne, Lightning, King, Alisaie...) I actually still prefer her to Emperor a lot of the time, except when there are 3 targets.

Most of my 999k's came from her, the recent story CHAOS included. Usually I don't conserve skills on her either past the setup turns.

There will eventually come a time when she is no longer an optimal choice, but it is not today :)
"Perfectionism becomes desirable when it stimulates the healthy pursuit of excellence."
(edited 4 days ago)
I don't really care for the characters like Vayne and Ultimecia who steal a ton of turns. It's not that they aren't powerful, it's just that they kinda take over everything. I guess that's good when its your strongest unit, but not much when it's not.
Am I the only African American on earth that likes Celtic folk music? Hmmmm

User Info: DuddyTheClown

DuddyTheClown
4 days ago#6
If you don't like her use Emperor or Golbez

User Info: ff7fan321v2

ff7fan321v2
4 days ago#7
Huzzah the GFAQS trifecta have arrived! People who try to help, people who agree and people who are triggered cause you don’t like/don’t know how to use the unit they like. =D

I’m not very good at team building in this game. So I usually check around here for people who have beat things with the guys I have maxed. And I can usually do it.

I’ve used Ultimecia to good result...I just don’t like her. Was just wondering if other people felt the same way. I’m thankful there are lots of choices for Chaos now though.
PSN - ff7fan321

User Info: Dingydang166

Dingydang166
4 days ago#8
Yeah I don't know what it is about Ulti but people get PISSED when you s*** talk her. Reddit is the same way. Someone made a discussion topic about what characters they don't like. The person who made the post said he didn't like Ulti and he got 100 replies of people s***tin on him

User Info: Crazy_Talk

Crazy_Talk
4 days ago#9
Dingydang166 posted...
Yeah I don't know what it is about Ulti but people get PISSED when you s*** talk her. Reddit is the same way. Someone made a discussion topic about what characters they don't like. The person who made the post said he didn't like Ulti and he got 100 replies of people s***tin on him
Kinda. In these king of topics, we're okay if you don't like the character. It's another if it's "I have a top tier, so why aren't I winning?"

This is the latter, so that's where the "hate" is coming from.
Hope for the best, but expect nothing
I have a love/hate relationship with using her, mostly because she's too good. Same reason I didn't use Vayne or WoL much in the Cosmos era. Some fights are too easily trivialized by them.
  1. Boards
  2. Dissidia: Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia
  3. I don't like using Ultimecia. Anyone else?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A