• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dissidia: Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia
  3. What's with all the Zack supports?

User Info: DysonSlinky

DysonSlinky
1 week ago#21
If you think a Zack friend is bad, I have news for you. It's not the Zack friend that is the issue, it's you. Zack is one of the best damage dealers currently, and his kit is set up instantly. The only pre-requisite is that an enemy is targeting the unit you're swapping out (which isn't hard whatsoever, especially considering that 'All' is super common).

EX: minimum: 110k-ish, but you'll more realistically see 140-150ks, especially if there's more than 1 enemy, so that both hits are smacking the 210% ovf
Rush Assault: Minimum: 60-70k, but you'll realistically see more, in the ~80k range, or higher if you have a support in the party that's batterying him

2 EX's, 3 Rush Assaults is an obscene amount of damage, and during these 5 turns of devastation, your allies are enjoying stat buffs from Zack's aura.
PSN: DysonSlinky (will not accept blank friend requests)
DFFOO: Slinky - 353614568 || Opera Omnia discord link: https://discord.gg/ZQsevtm

User Info: TitanOxide

TitanOxide
1 week ago#22
DysonSlinky posted...
If you think a Zack friend is bad, I have news for you. It's not the Zack friend that is the issue, it's you.
I think Zack being back support might be specifically referring to if you have a native Zack. Two Zack's, especially against a long target who isn't doing AoE, is a very bad setup.
But I guess ultimately I agree with you.
Aranea is the best Final Fantasy character! Change my mind!

User Info: kupomogli

kupomogli
1 week ago#23
Shinigami2784 posted...
Wrong. Ever since I put up Setzer as my support, I get over 100 uses every day. If you only get 20-30 no matter how much you're online, it's because you picked a bad support.
I have over 300 friends and a near perfect Setzer. I usually see around 20-35, maybe over 50 two or three times a week, never once hit over 100 uses a day. Picking a good support doesn't mean you'll get a lot of people using them.

Another factor could be people who you are using, each day I notice that a lot of the players that start out at the top of my list. And I'm talking about every single day and unless I use them it doesn't add in anyone else. When artifiact grinding or exp grinding I usually just press start battle press on the bottom person without scrolling on the friends list, and then move back over to begin battle. Those same people are getting more plays from me simply because the game never changes where they're located at on the list and they'll always be priority over everyone else.

Granted it's not so important considering that you're getting only 50k gil a day even if you cap at 50 friend uses, but it's more important on the player side when looking for other characters. I really do wish they'd let you scroll through your friend units and just choose any of them that you want.

User Info: DysonSlinky

DysonSlinky
1 week ago#24
Friend uses are dependent on your activity. If you're logged in for an hour, then you're not going to be able to be selected for very long. Whereas, if you're logged in all day, it wouldn't be uncommon to see 200 uses, (or even 300+ during early summon board periods)

Game activity also plays a factor, as you won't get many uses during a period of time where people are only logging in to do dailies.
PSN: DysonSlinky (will not accept blank friend requests)
DFFOO: Slinky - 353614568 || Opera Omnia discord link: https://discord.gg/ZQsevtm
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: ZenTea

ZenTea
1 week ago#25
Shinigami2784 posted...
Wrong. Ever since I put up Setzer as my support, I get over 100 uses every day. If you only get 20-30 no matter how much you're online, it's because you picked a bad support.

my support is Setzer
Monster Hunter - https://www.youtube.com/c/Zentea
Dissidia NT - FlyFaster

User Info: Furryyiffer

Furryyiffer
1 week ago#26
TitanOxide posted...
I think Zack being back support might be specifically referring to if you have a native Zack. Two Zack's, especially against a long target who isn't doing AoE, is a very bad setup.
But I guess ultimately I agree with you.

Wouldn't the solution to that be to just bring the friend Zack in on YOUR Zack? Which means the enemies are likely already targeting him and he will be going full power immediately? It seems like an incredibly simple solution for the most part.
Bayonetta trilogy coming to Switch. Let the hype consume you

User Info: Puniard

Puniard
1 week ago#27
I usually put up the strongest synergy support to help others out with the current content.

That's why...

Should really be obvious, but most poeple don't know common sense even if it comes up and hit them in the face...
"Well, we will see if there is iron in your words." - Vulcan Raven, Metal Gear Solid.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: ZenTea

ZenTea
1 week ago#28
Furryyiffer posted...
Wouldn't the solution to that be to just bring the friend Zack in on YOUR Zack? Which means the enemies are likely already targeting him and he will be going full power immediately? It seems like an incredibly simple solution for the most part.

This is how i play it in some chaos stages. Bring a friend unit that’s a copy of one of your own units & “Double Up”, It’s like a character gets 3-5 extra skill uses. And as you mentioned they come with EX ready to go.
Monster Hunter - https://www.youtube.com/c/Zentea
Dissidia NT - FlyFaster

User Info: Robinblade

Robinblade
1 week ago#29
kupomogli posted...
That's actually really good, never thought of that one, end with the EX and four turns of provoke on everyone, 30k x four x however many enemies(at max potential.)

Yea it's the best thing I have until his LD drops so I'll make use of the Zack army
The Lady Lover: Can't get enough of those beautiful ladies!
Currently Playing: OW, BBTAG, DFFNT, DFFOO. 3DS IGN: Dq FC: 0731 - 5833 - 8244

User Info: ScrappyDingo

ScrappyDingo
6 days ago#30
Wound up putting Zack up because nobody was bothering with my fully kitted Yuffie.

Yuffie was getting 1-2 uses a day. Zack is getting 15-20 uses a day.
Cancer free 52 months and counting!
The Seahawks intentionally injured Carson Wentz in the 2019-20 NFC Wild Card game
  1. Boards
  2. Dissidia: Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia
  3. What's with all the Zack supports?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A