• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dissidia: Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia
  3. What's with all the Zack supports?

User Info: l_eonhart

l_eonhart
2 weeks ago#1
Pretty sure he’s a bad support. He’s DPS is good but not the best. His target lock and shield are great but useless on a 5 turn support. If you bring your own Zack then they just keep stealing the enemy’s target from each other.

Am I missing something or are people just showing off and not trying to help?
(message deleted)

User Info: Linelo

Linelo
2 weeks ago#3
It happens around most meta new releases.

In my head it's mostly people that want other people to be able to demo a maxed new EX+ unit.
Long may Emperor reign.
DFFOO: 388687592
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: p3pdrake

p3pdrake
2 weeks ago#4
Better than an Ignis support I suppose...
FFBE IGN: Ken - 685 742 098
DFFOO [GL]: 111555884 (Agrias 3/3)

User Info: Sir Will

Sir Will
2 weeks ago#5
p3pdrake posted...
Better than an Ignis support I suppose...

Yeah, argh…..
River Song: Well, I was off to this gay gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled when I thought 'Gosh, the Third Reich's a bit rubbish, I think i'll kill the Fuhrer'

User Info: Crazy_Talk

Crazy_Talk
2 weeks ago#6
It's both. Some want to show off and some think meta = good support, which can be bad for certain characters, especially those that rely on stacks and relying on the long game.
Hope for the best, but expect nothing

User Info: ChanceofCloudy

ChanceofCloudy
2 weeks ago#7
l_eonhart posted...
Pretty sure he’s a bad support. He’s DPS is good but not the best. His target lock and shield are great but useless on a 5 turn support. If you bring your own Zack then they just keep stealing the enemy’s target from each other.

Am I missing something or are people just showing off and not trying to help?

I’m a new player and ask my 70k gems into Zack and put 3 ingots I’ve been saving. I have to say it depends on what you’re trying to accompanist. Beat Cosmos? Chaos? I was clearing Cosmos no prob, but Chaos was tough. Even after Purpleling Zack, I needed to get all 5 boards, all his 15/35 and decent artifacts to have him be usable (for me) in Chaos. Some have trotted out a lesser Zach, but I’m not that good.

Anyways, he is as advertised. He completely mitigates direct damage after his EX goes off and if targeted. I also learned this the hard way - I need to also Have a fully maxed ROSA to battery his iBrv for his shield to be up. Anyways, this is strictly to clear Chaos content.

He also dishes decent DPS since his HP+ does ~30k for me and basically ‘free’. His S2 does ~79.9k (it’s an 8-hit 8-9999 Brv shaver and Hp strike). He also ‘can’t die’ (HP drops to one, and I’ve made plenty of mistakes where the Zack get 1-shoted, lol)

Plus...it’s F******* ZACK Baby! (Excuse the FF7 fanboy)

Just my 2 cents
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: kupomogli

kupomogli
2 weeks ago#8
l_eonhart posted...
His target lock and shield are great but useless on a 5 turn support. If you bring your own Zack then they just keep stealing the enemy’s target from each other.
You do know you can just swap him out for your own already targetting Zack so he gets full potential. Blow through his skills, and then the enemy will still be looking at Zack yours comes back. You don't have to swap another character.

If their Zack is good then he's still powerful. 110k, 80k+battery, 80k+battery, 110k+battery, 80k+battery.
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: sh09un

sh09un
2 weeks ago#9
I'm just bummed the support message is too short for "Mirror mirror on the wall, who's the FAIRest of them all?"
Let's mosey!

User Info: victorsoh

victorsoh
2 weeks ago#10
sh09un posted...
I'm just bummed the support message is too short for "Mirror mirror on the wall, who's the FAIRest of them all?"
Who's the FAIRest of them all?
has exactly 30 characters though (which is enough) :p
My hardest challenge was completing Soulcage CHAOS using only 3 EX+ Ingots @ https://bit.ly/2EIbiDY
  1. Boards
  2. Dissidia: Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia
  3. What's with all the Zack supports?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A