• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: igor140

igor140
1 week ago#21
ellis123 posted...
Ye.

That said it's pretty telling that he brought up Zell but forgot Sherlotta and we're still at zero mentions of Firion.
well, as i mentioned, those are only the ones for whom i have the EX at all. i don't have golbez or firion, despite having pulled on both their banners.

i will likely use tokens for firion's EX because i actually DO like him... but i recognize he ranks in at a high C tier at best.
FFBE: 229.361.850; 2000 hyoh, 1200/1350 malphasie, 1600 TT (SoT)

User Info: RandoGamerKid

RandoGamerKid
1 week ago#22
victorsoh posted...
For those who are lazy, below is Altema's pov (for reference):
* Month 3~4 from https://www.reddit.com/r/DissidiaFFOO/comments/dmep91/dffoo_ex_system_transitions_in_the_tier_list_in/
* where (SS*, SS, SS/S, S) is replaced with (S, A, A/B, B)

S
Agrias
Cloud
Eight
Emperor
Lilisette
Rosa
Setzer
Sherlotta
Ultimecia
WoL
Yshtola
Zack

A
Ace
Balthier
Basch
Faris
Gau
Golbez
Ignis
King
Locke
Machina
Rem
Sabin
Sephiroth
Serah
Squall
Tifa
Vanille
Yuffie
Yuna

A/B
Eiko
Garland
Tidus

B
Aerith
Barret
Bartz
Cait Sith
Celes
Dark Cecil
Deuce
Fang
Firion
Irvine
Kimhari
Krile
Kuja
Lenna
Leonhart
Lyse
Noel
Paine
Porom
Ramza
Relm
Rinoa
Serah
Seven
Terra
Vaan
Vincent
Zell

I like this current list the best. And seeing as I have most all of the S A B tier units, it looks about right
5430 3269 9570 3DS FC

User Info: igor140

igor140
1 week ago#23
am i missing something with eight? i have his EX, but it's not MLB'd yet.

from what i've co-op'd with, he seems... decent at best. his skills all hit for ~35k- 45k, which is just plain bad for a DPT these days.

his counter mechanic is nifty, and it's nice that it works on AoE attacks as well; but the chance to MAYBE deal a 50k counter if the enemy attacks and doesn't ST another ally... that's weak unless you're against three enemies every round. now, i HAVE co-op'd with him versus the CPU, and he did very well because of all the attacking...

but if you have that many targets, just bring emperor or golbez or kuja or agrias or ultimecia or sephiroth or zack or vanille or rosa or literally HALF of the worthwhile characters in this game that have a decent AoE. one good AoE is worth far more than an opportunity to counterattack maybe.

also, am i the only one who likes seven? she's not perfect, but she does average out to ~75k dmg per turn, which is FAR more than most characters can claim.
FFBE: 229.361.850; 2000 hyoh, 1200/1350 malphasie, 1600 TT (SoT)

User Info: kupomogli

kupomogli
1 week ago#24
@igor140

Yes, Eight is awesome.

Eight's gimmick is Lightspeed Jab or Lightspeed Jab+. The skill itself is identical regardless which version you use, just the plus version doesn't count as a turn and gives you instant turn rate. Basically you use your BRV+ to turn Lightspeed Jab into the + version, you can then use Lightspeed Jab and hit at minimum 50k and go straight away into a BRV+ which is both self battery and brave shaving. Lightspeed Jab also deals defense down for two turns, which considering you're always going to be using Lightspeed Jab is pretty much constant.

Now, let's say you already have high brave, around 25-30k. Then you just want to go straight into Lightspeed Jab. You'll take off 50k. So basically turn manipulation, brave shield, RNG counters(which will take 30k each) Imo he's a great character.

*edit*

When you have to reset his Lightspeed Jab, the first time you'll want to go into BRV+ afterwards which should renew his EX(for the second time.) Then use the EX, then use the second skill, and then you can then after a single turn you can go into EX again. Manipulate the counter turns by extending your passives with your C65, Yuna, or Eiko.

Also similar to Emperor, he also has very high mBRV compared to most other characters.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: ellis123

ellis123
1 week ago#25
igor140 posted...
well, as i mentioned, those are only the ones for whom i have the EX at all. i don't have golbez or firion, despite having pulled on both their banners.

i will likely use tokens for firion's EX because i actually DO like him... but i recognize he ranks in at a high C tier at best.
Lol, I was just poking fun.
"A shouted order to do something of dubious morality with an unpredictable outcome? Thweeet!"
My FC is in my profile.

User Info: ScrappyDingo

ScrappyDingo
1 week ago#26
The Cursed Arts characters can really jump around depending on the arts you have. Serah is an OK support without them and a fantastic support with them IMHO.

Cloud seemed good for the first few weeks and just seems to have been totally overshadowed as a physical DPS by Tifa and Sephiroth IHMO.
Cancer free 52 months and counting!
The Seahawks intentionally injured Carson Wentz in the 2019-20 NFC Wild Card game

User Info: Krio Lv3

Krio Lv3
1 week ago#27
RandoGamerKid posted...
I like this current list the best. And seeing as I have most all of the S A B tier units, it looks about right

Not Sabin.
3DS FC (For Pokemon Mainly): 3582 - 9560 - 3048

User Info: RandoGamerKid

RandoGamerKid
1 week ago#28
I have Sabin at 0/3. Hes aight. Not as trash as Cait Sith tho
5430 3269 9570 3DS FC

User Info: truth14

truth14
6 days ago#29
Mostly agree with the consensus here. My hot take is that Rosa is overrated. She's good but Y'shtola is head and shoulders above her in the vast majority of situations.

User Info: Krentaris

Krentaris
6 days ago#30
truth14 posted...
Mostly agree with the consensus here. My hot take is that Rosa is overrated. She's good but Y'shtola is head and shoulders above her in the vast majority of situations.
It mostly depends on your playstyle and who you are using. I'll take Rosa's much stronger ATK/IBRV/overflow buffs over Y'shtola's more defensive approach anyday.

But there are circumstances where Y'sh is a better choice. Now that Zack is here, I expect them to become fewer overall, though.
"Perfectionism becomes desirable when it stimulates the healthy pursuit of excellence."
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A