• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: kupomogli

kupomogli
2 weeks ago#1
So I know everyone isn't out yet but I figured I'll make a thread on your personal tier list four months in. Essentially compare all characters as of right now to one another, because it's not hard to find where each character starts in these four months and where they fall on your list for people that are interested in how good they were.

I'm going to break mine into sections, some characters may fall under multiple different categories. I'm only going to put characters that I've purpled or characters that I haven't purpled but have seen extensive use.

Now obviously some characters aren't going to be as good as others in all situations, For instance the characters I've listed in B rank are actually better in more situations than Vanille and Faris, two characters that I've listed in A rank, however, Vanille and Faris are still good in those situations and irreplacable in others.

This thread probably isn't even worth posting as everyone will probably rank the characters the same. Aside from Yuna, it seems the Altema rating is pretty spot on.

SSS+
Overpowered Cloud

S
Ultimecia, Emperor, Y'shtola, Rosa,

A
Sephiroth, Eight, Vanille, Faris, Zack, Warrior of Light

A/B
Setzer, Tifa(++,) Cloud*, Agrias, Lilisette, Sherlotta, Serah

B/C
Rem, Bartz. Yuna

C
Locke

D
Machina

*This is actually where I'd put the character.
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: Krentaris

Krentaris
2 weeks ago#2
That's kind of interesting. Looking at your list, I largely agree (except I would put Tifa and Serah in A, Zack in S, and Machina in C) but I also know a lot of those characters can do a lot better in the right team, also like Machina, Rem and Bartz.

I guess it goes to show that rating characters in isolation is pretty difficult. Maybe I'll throw one together soon.
"Perfectionism becomes desirable when it stimulates the healthy pursuit of excellence."

User Info: Ssvegetto2

Ssvegetto2
2 weeks ago#3
I don't understand your tier list, do you mean how much these characters helped in total for the first four months?

Cloud is not SSS for me anymore, but sure he was one of the most used chars in the first month.
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: Luckstrife

Luckstrife
2 weeks ago#4
How can you put Faris and not Balthier ? Marvin is that you ? Ahaha
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
DFFOO ID: Strife 601015505

User Info: mattb6969

mattb6969
2 weeks ago#5
You seem to have some weird obsession with cloud being so op. Last time I used him was a good few weeks ago to help me with DE tier 4. 😂

User Info: DemitriMaximoff

DemitriMaximoff
2 weeks ago#6
mattb6969 posted...
You seem to have some weird obsession with cloud being so op. Last time I used him was a good few weeks ago to help me with DE tier 4. 😂

Indeed!
my last time with cloud was also T4

I'm 'All IN', Y'hstola and Emperor these days...squall,agrias,wol,bartz,kuja,lyse,yuna and ace sometimes make the cut in the team

I haven't Balthier,Faris and Rem's Exes,I'd definitely put especially Faris and Rem into S tier

User Info: starvingmarvin2

starvingmarvin2
2 weeks ago#7
S: Ysh, Cloud, Emp, Faris, Rosa
A: Ult, WOL, Seph, Vanille, Seph, Tifa

everyone

randosaccounts
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: starvingmarvin2

starvingmarvin2
2 weeks ago#8
Luckstrife posted...
How can you put Faris and not Balthier ? Marvin is that you ? Ahaha

His Faris is too low. But why would anyone question "why Faris and not Balthier"?

That is an absurd question and you should apologies.

User Info: eoddel

eoddel
2 weeks ago#9
I fear TC's going to the dark side and become the "Cloud is meta" guy...

User Info: Luckstrife

Luckstrife
2 weeks ago#10
starvingmarvin2 posted...
His Faris is too low. But why would anyone question "why Faris and not Balthier"?

That is an absurd question and you should apologies.

Sorry Marvin !
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
DFFOO ID: Strife 601015505
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A