• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: ubm_vivi

ubm_vivi
1 week ago#11
Don't care how good or bad he is. 3/3 for me baby.
how do we prove we exist? maybe we dont exist...
3DS friendcode: 2122-5884-0613

User Info: kupomogli

kupomogli
1 week ago#12
megages03 posted...
There is a glimmer of potential as their always is with meta-queer characters. His counters are good and hit decently hard but his lack of party auras means there are only a handful of none healing support that you would even want to pair with him like Ramza, Apmhau(who gets healing in the future anyway), Sazh and...I think that's it, that is every none healing support. Like Cid(FFVII) before him, a healing DPS just doesn't work, you can't truly compress the job roles unless you go all in like with Kimahri's new kit post LD. Gau needed longer lasting counters or to counter attacks that miss, either of those changes would have pushed him up in utility.
Maybe they just made his base kit too powerful before release and they decided they needed to back away with it when bringing it to EX+. This has happened a few times where some characters released so good that when you see what has changed there wasn't much at all. Characters like Rosa, Lilisette, and Cait Sith had next to nothing changed from their earlier releases up to getting their rework.

Maybe they just didn't want to make him too powerful, because yeah, he gets three turns of counteratacking each time he uses a skill(and six turns of HP+.) Lifeshaver restores party HP, as you mentioned, great for supports like Ramza, Serah, Lilisette, etc, who can't heal the party, and if you consider the amount of battery that will give the party, you'll essentially get full brave every turn and Gau can follow up with his HP+ same as the others.

I guess this means you could pair him with the Emperor, because say Emperor uses his EX+, Gau would counterattack after every enemy giving Emperor atleast some BRV before his traps go off, so the first trap which actually needs the brave will then take off more damage.

I'm still going to get him, he's a favorite character, the silver lining is that his counterattacks are based less on RNG and atleast when they're active it brings up his DPT potential. I might look into slowing him down by removing certain passives which really helped with Yuna. At the very least he'll get 15 turns of each type of counterattack during the battle which is pretty significant. More if you have Yuna or Eiko paired with him. By the time he releases I'll be back to 300+ tickets.

User Info: _Sanaki_

_Sanaki_
1 week ago#13
Gau released with EX+, so it’s not that they rebalanced him later on, he just came out kind of unexciting I guess. I’ll still pull for him though.
I kept silent, blaming these antics on your ignorance, but I can no longer tolerate your manners!

User Info: Kdeezy

Kdeezy
1 week ago#14
kupomogli posted...
pair him with the Emperor, because say Emperor uses his EX+, Gau would counterattack after every enemy giving Emperor atleast some BRV before his traps go off, so the first trap which actually needs the brave will then take off more damage
This, and imagine having multiple enemies with offset turns.

I'll be throwing tix at this banner but wont chase. Gotta save for Penelo+Edge banner and maybe Yuri+OK.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: kupomogli

kupomogli
1 week ago#15
_Sanaki_ posted...
Gau released with EX+, so it’s not that they rebalanced him later on, he just came out kind of unexciting I guess. I’ll still pull for him though.
I meant in the way that they made Lilisette and Cait Sith some of the best supports in the game for a long while and then once they got their EXs they didn't have much of an update. In the case of Gau, he came out alongside his EX as powerful as he was if he had no EX, similar these characters. Essentially an incredibly weak rework.

User Info: RoxasSempai

RoxasSempai
1 week ago#16
Here is a post on the sub that should have everything you or anyone that wants to know more about Gau. https://www.reddit.com/r/DissidiaFFOO/comments/f1yrxk/lets_talk_about_gau/

User Info: HatchetRyda

HatchetRyda
1 day ago#17
Gau should be dropping in 2 days. Is anyone going for him? I might throw a few tickets at it.

User Info: DuddyTheClown

DuddyTheClown
1 day ago#18
He seems interesting and a healer is always welcome for DE. Only being effective against multiple targets is no argument against him as this game has mostly multiple enemies. He is worth a few tickets for sure.

User Info: LunaticHigh

LunaticHigh
1 day ago#19
Pass on Gau looks cool though, happy to get Terra's ex+

User Info: TBD2009

TBD2009
20 hours ago#20
Already have Terra's EX (will realize it, won't Ingot until much later), so I'll just token Gau's 35cp one day, since he doesn't "need" his EX to be usable.

He's a "would like to have, since I love FFVI, but can't invest in, until the LD/BT era" unit.
DFFOO ID: 489768448
Player name: "Terra"
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A