• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: memek123

memek123
1 month ago#11
no worry about brave if you have 3 character that can survive with 1 hp (yshtola, zack ex+ next update) or a character that can dodge atk (Eight)

User Info: dudeitscool

dudeitscool
1 month ago#12
I'll have to remember who I used but it was the only chaos summon I was able to 1 run complete
PSN: Winters_Doomsday
SteamID: italianpride17

User Info: igor140

igor140
1 month ago#13
the problem with sephiroth is that it will take too long for his EX to charge.

of the characters you currently have, bartz is by far the most useful. this is EXACTLY the kind of thing he does well. zack may well be a better option, though.
FFBE: 229.361.850; 2000 hyoh, 1200/1350 malphasie, 1600 TT (SoT)

User Info: ztwar

ztwar
1 month ago#14
Upgrade Rosa, grab Zack and run them with Setzer. That should clear almost all the past Chaos that doesn’t have clearly inappropriate limitations against this team (Like resist magic etc). Add in Yuri later and those 4 alone should carry u all the way until Jack/Ramza EX+ which is several months away.

Speaking from experience because that’s what I did in JP. I may have added and used other characters in between here and there based on boss match up, can’t remember, but no one important I’m pretty sure. I basically used those 4 for a few months to complete everything. I started at around the same point as u did (Tifa/Barret banner) in jp.

User Info: Rizuna

Rizuna
1 month ago#15
ChanceofCloudy posted...
Missed Uti's banner so she's unusable in my squad unless I play her 70/70 without any weapons =(.

I have Seph at 0/3+ and his 15/35 passives, okay arts (not great)
Bartz I have 0/3+ as well and his 15/35, no arts.

Both have 5 boards mastered.

Not sure which lineup to use but I also need more purple characters and Zach probably. I just started a month ago so don't have any of the characters people mention like Serah, Vanilla, Cloud, Tifa, etc etc. Just the recent ones on banner.

3/3+ Setzer
3/3+ Yuna
0/3+ for the following:
Rosa, Golbez, Em, Bartz, Eiko, Yuffie

I think I'm far from taking this on down so gotta come back to it once I get Zach and a maxed out EM or Golbez? But I think I still need a specific party for this one.

yuffie will probably be your best character for levi, much much better than bartz in fact especially you do not have the best arts for bartz
snatch does 50% shave +4hit BRV and steals one buff
i have some of your characters, let me try if it is feasible

edit: yep, 3/3 setzer, 3/3 yuna and 0/3 yuffie are more than enough to make it a boring fight
you just need to make sure the last character before levi does BRV gain to party if the others are targeted (i don't need this, freeze or esuna)
if yuffie is targeted and last to go do BRV, if setzer is last and targeted do HP+, if yuna is last and targeted do esuna
all other turns just do HP attack or skill

edit again: oh. watch out for the ALL attack though
wasted some turns when i got break and need to remove the veil first

User Info: ChanceofCloudy

ChanceofCloudy
1 month ago#16
Rizuna posted...
yuffie will probably be your best character for levi, much much better than bartz in fact especially you do not have the best arts for bartz
snatch does 50% shave +4hit BRV and steals one buff
i have some of your characters, let me try if it is feasible

edit again: oh. watch out for the ALL attack though
wasted some turns when i got break and need to remove the veil first

wait, are you sayin you beat Leviathan Chaos with the 3/3 setz, 3/3 yuna nd 0/3 yuf? so the trick is to make sure not to get broke? I'm pretty sure I will get crushed using this squad =( but I'll give it another shot

User Info: Pando0

Pando0
1 month ago#17
ChanceofCloudy posted...
wait, are you sayin you beat Leviathan Chaos with the 3/3 setz, 3/3 yuna nd 0/3 yuf? so the trick is to make sure not to get broke? I'm pretty sure I will get crushed using this squad =( but I'll give it another shot

Don't forget the advice that goes with the team setup, as Rizuna stated, you got Setzer and Yuffie that can easily keep Lev in check. Between Freeze Joker and No Cheating, they can outright deny Levi brv gain. Red Card got an insane shave potential as well in case you get a slip up, same for Snatch with the gravity base brv shave.

For shaving, Yuna might be the only issue, in late fight her Valefore HP/Brv atk might not cut it anymore but if you don't get broken, the chance of ending in a situation where you got only Yuna and 50k+ brv to shave should be slim especially if you preemptively kill brv gain with Setzer's Freeze Joker or Yuffie's Gauntlet

The bulls*** brave gain from Lev is the annoying gimmick to deal with, if you remove that, it should be smooth sailing.

User Info: ChanceofCloudy

ChanceofCloudy
1 month ago#18
Pando0 posted...

The bulls*** brave gain from Lev is the annoying gimmick to deal with, if you remove that, it should be smooth sailing.

Gotcha, I guess I got to get familiar with when he does it. It came out of nowhere when I first fought him. I only found online (not reddit or this forum) that his had like 4.2m hit points and at certain points, he initiate the brv gain. Thanks for the help!

User Info: Rizuna

Rizuna
1 month ago#19
ChanceofCloudy posted...
Gotcha, I guess I got to get familiar with when he does it. It came out of nowhere when I first fought him. I only found online (not reddit or this forum) that his had like 4.2m hit points and at certain points, he initiate the brv gain. Thanks for the help!

yes, i just completed levi CHAOS with the team. if you don't get break by levi, he doesn't pose much of a threat. my team is full 70/70, 5 boards, and some decent arts (3xATK for setzer, yuffie and 3x Buff Boost Attack All for yuna)

setzer and yuffie are strong disablers currently. they do good damage and can shut down the enemies if you use their skills at the right time. zack, which the others are recommending, is a safe shield that protects your team from single target attacks. but he can't do anything to the ALL attacks though. so if you use zack later today, just keep everyone's BRV up when you see the ALL attack coming

i think the huge BRV gain comes from his ALL attack tsunami. you can stop this with Freeze Joker just before the ALL attack if you want to play it safe. but usually yuffie's snatch is sufficient to shave it down

other times when Levi can gain BRV is from the debuff Sap he inflicts on you. it also can be stopped using yuffie's EX (so he cannot gain BRV) or just yuna's esuna

i didn't use my friend unit, but i think setzer or sherlotta or tifa friends will be great

User Info: Krentaris

Krentaris
1 month ago#20
In my opinion you should abuse the sap if you can, to keep breaking Levi and pushing its turn back.

The only major issue IMO is its recast ability as it does a ton of BRV damage and gains a ton on top of it. Unfortunately it also starts out full, which doesn't help Yuffie's case without assistance.

For me, WoL was a huge help in order to not get broken so I didn't get basically one shotted because Levi wanted to get turn rate.(Or Relm, for turn stealing) But without him, someone like Setzer would be great. Just throw out a Freeze Joker when the recast bar is full. Though he only gets 3 of them so you'd need to be careful or maybe bring a friend for if you run out.
"Perfectionism becomes desirable when it stimulates the healthy pursuit of excellence."
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A