• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Dissidia: Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia
  3. [JP] February Content - Kurasame + Gladiolus, Lv30 Bahamut, Eight + Gau LC

User Info: kaiserlord55

kaiserlord55
3 weeks ago#31
AuraBurqa posted...
I guess it depends on who you view as the main features of the banner. Palom got a rework with Edward. Garnet got one with Eald'narche. Things like that. Every character has an EX+ now (aside from Laguna and Thancred) and banners have everyone's EX who is featured, so literally anyone on a banner is fair rework game imo.

Ill concede Palom, though his rework would still fall under the EX+ category. And in the interest of being honest, Cid on Machina, Kain on Rinoa and Maria on Ardyn would count in the same vein.

However, Garnet was most definitely featured on Eald'narche, as that was before bursts and triple EX banners.
Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

User Info: _Sanaki_

_Sanaki_
3 weeks ago#32
AuraBurqa posted...
Something you seem to not understand is that people are not complaining about how many T0 characters there are. It's the sheer rate at which they're being released.

Characters released since Chaos era:
FFI: Garland (1)
FFII: Emperor (1)
FFIII: CoD, Desch (2)
FFIV: Edward (1)
FFV: Exdeath (1)
FFVI: Gau, Leo, Strago (3)
FFVII: None
FFVIII: Ultimecia (1)
FFIX: Beatrix (1)
FFX: Kimahri (1)
FFXI: Kam'lanaut, Arciela, Eald'Narche (3)
FFXII: Basch, Gabranth (2)
FFXIII: Caius (1)
FFXIV: Lyse (1)
FFXV: Ignis, Ardyn (2), *Gladio (3)*
FFT: None
FFT0: Machina, Eight, Jack, Trey, Nine (5), *Kurasame (6)*
FFCC: Ciaran, Keiss, Amidatelion (3)
WoFF: None

The closest amount of releases after FFT0's 5 characters (6 if you count Kurasame since he is confirmed) is 3. That's literally double the amount. Also, VII, Tactics and WoFF have not had a single new release since Chaos has started.

And I get that. They should have spaced them out more evenly. Somehow I doubt swapping Palom with Kurasame and some other changes would really “fix” things.
I kept silent, blaming these antics on your ignorance, but I can no longer tolerate your manners!

User Info: Delta0126

Delta0126
3 weeks ago#33
Not that I don't want any woff representatives (I'd like to see Hauyn at least), but I feel like the only reason the twins were added was to build more hype/attention/sales/etc toward the Maxima edition of Woff. Because IIRC the twins were revealed around the time Maxima was about to come out. But also that there wasn't much they could use for woff anyway, as woff is pretty much like in the realm of Dissidia, where they barely have any original characters (and the whole game being FF fanservice basically), though Dissidia's the least amount since all there is is Cosmos, Chaos, Materia and Spiritus where they just served as a reason for why the FF characters were there to fight.

While with woff there's the twins, Hauyn, Enna Kros, The girl who forgot her name, the 3 villains, maybe the twin's parents, who could work like Pencil/DKC, Lyse/Yda, I guess. idk, maybe they haven't forgotten woff and they just reallllly want to spread the reps out since there's not much to work with with or they just used the twins for advertisement and once that was over they just forgot they existed...well until their LC, then they forgot them again.
There is a Ghost in my attic and he says: "It's very dark up here...." ....Oh right....and he also says: "Boo."
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: ztwar

ztwar
3 weeks ago#34
Well said @AuraBurqa . For someone who’s played for around 8 months, it feels like I’m seeing a new Type-0 character every single month. That stands out very much.

For that discussion about reworks, I thought reworks have only accompanied characters that are getting a new weapon (or EX+ introduction). It’s the reason why I thought so many characters that should get reworks are being skipped. It’s like if they’re getting stronger (via a weapon) they’ll get improved appropriately via a rework if needed.

The alternative in giving a character a rework when they aren’t getting a new EX+ or LD would seem weird to me. Because before BT era, characters who is on banner but didn’t get a realization release did not have their EX featured so to rework those characters would be odd given you can’t really pull for them. And then now in the BT era, say with Yuna during Khimari LC, how much would you rework her? She’s a whole weapon grade underpowered so any rework should still leave her fairly weak. I think they just leave characters as weak and don’t do updates midway.

anyway my opinions aside, I don’t recall seeing reworks for characters unless it’s when they get a new weapon or realization.

User Info: JayRPG

JayRPG
3 weeks ago#35
In WoFF's case they could potentially release champions (essentially small versions of main protags) as separate characters so WoFF technically has a lot of characters lol.
DFFOO [JP]: https://imgur.com/f3jFPfw
DFFOO: 853045072 - https://imgur.com/g9OEdYe

_Sanaki_
3 weeks ago#36
JayRPG posted...
In WoFF's case they could potentially release champions (essentially small versions of main protags) as separate characters so WoFF technically has a lot of characters lol.

Ignoring Champions I believe I had around 30 characters they could add. WoFF has plenty they could add for unique figures.
I kept silent, blaming these antics on your ignorance, but I can no longer tolerate your manners!

User Info: JayRPG

JayRPG
3 weeks ago#37
_Sanaki_ posted...
Ignoring Champions I believe I had around 30 characters they could add. WoFF has plenty they could add for unique figures.
You feel they would be more popular than a small Sephiroth or Cloud though? in terms of money makers re-releasing small versions of I-XV protags would be huge for them I think, at least small Yuna would be stronger than the current one lol...
DFFOO [JP]: https://imgur.com/f3jFPfw
DFFOO: 853045072 - https://imgur.com/g9OEdYe

User Info: Delta0126

Delta0126
3 weeks ago#38
I was thinking maybe the champions as well, but I wasn't sure how well that'd be received by the player base.....well the JP player base anyway (how popular was WoFF in JP anyway?), I kinda feel like I know how GL would react.
There is a Ghost in my attic and he says: "It's very dark up here...." ....Oh right....and he also says: "Boo."

_Sanaki_
3 weeks ago#39
JayRPG posted...
You feel they would be more popular than a small Sephiroth or Cloud though? in terms of money makers re-releasing small versions of I-XV protags would be huge for them I think, at least small Yuna would be stronger than the current one lol...

I wasn’t talking about popularity, just that WoFF has more than enough to have a roster without it. If we start using popularity as the argument the roster in general would look radically different, not like these are the top 150~ FF characters.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: Sir Will

Sir Will
3 weeks ago#40
AuraBurqa posted...
The closest amount of releases after FFT0's 5 characters (6 if you count Kurasame since he is confirmed) is 3. That's literally double the amount. Also, VII, Tactics and WoFF have not had a single new release since Chaos has started.

Yeah, they weren't spread out terribly well. I think VIII got some complaints when it released so many characters so close too, though its popularity and main line status would blunt some of that. Fewer have played T0 so it is easier to poke at.
River Song: Well, I was off to this gay gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled when I thought 'Gosh, the Third Reich's a bit rubbish, I think i'll kill the Fuhrer'
  1. Boards
  2. Dissidia: Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia
  3. [JP] February Content - Kurasame + Gladiolus, Lv30 Bahamut, Eight + Gau LC
  • Topic Closed

GameFAQs Q&A