• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dissidia: Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia
  3. [JP] February Content - Kurasame + Gladiolus, Lv30 Bahamut, Eight + Gau LC

User Info: kaiserlord55

kaiserlord55
3 weeks ago#21
AuraBurqa posted...
@kaiserlord55
He's not saying that they don't need reworks, just that characters who have needed reworks got skipped over in the past. And with that said, Yuna has pretty much gone the entire game without a real rework.

My apologies. I realize that now, and shouldnt have phrased it the way I did.

Also, saying she shouldn't get one because the focus was Kimahri/Ardyn is not a good excuse. They've given reworks to the non-main feature character before. They just hate X.

Can you provide an example of this? Because Ive gone back and looked since the beginning of the EX+ era, and while there are more examples of new EX+ characters not receiving reworks, there arent any reworks for non-main featured characters.

A more recent example would be Paine (FFX again...). She didn't get a rework with her EX+ and as such is only doing 3 BRV hits in an era where people are sneezing for more damage. I doubt Laguna and Thancred won't get a rework, but it isn't entirely unheard of.

I did address the Paine point at the end of my post, and sorta implied the same about FFX in that paragraph.
Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

User Info: AuraBurqa

AuraBurqa
3 weeks ago#22
I guess it depends on who you view as the main features of the banner. Palom got a rework with Edward. Garnet got one with Eald'narche. Things like that. Every character has an EX+ now (aside from Laguna and Thancred) and banners have everyone's EX who is featured, so literally anyone on a banner is fair rework game imo.
Opera Omnia ID [Aura]: 967686279 (60/60 Setzer | MLB 15/35/EX/EX+)
[JP] Opera Omnia ID: 298249489 (70/70 Amidatelion | MLB 15/35/EX/LD/EX+)

AuraBurqa
3 weeks ago#23
Snorlax_exlax posted...
It’s pretty much a 0% chance, I think it’s a pretty ridiculous suggestion
Trust me, I agree and I don't think it'll happen. I would be very surprised to not see a rework on Laguna and Thancred. But just remember Paine. They didn't rework her with her EX+ either. Not to say she wasn't better than either of the other 2, because she clearly was, I'm just saying it's happened recently. Same with Yuna. Yuna's skill are practically the exact same as from when the game was released.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: JayRPG

JayRPG
3 weeks ago#24
Laguna will probably get a rework tbh because the devs love FFVIII (does he need one? is the question). Yuna rework or a re-release sounds like a dream at this point, her kit in current era is almost a joke sadly....
DFFOO [JP]: https://imgur.com/f3jFPfw
DFFOO: 853045072 - https://imgur.com/g9OEdYe

User Info: Delta0126

Delta0126
3 weeks ago#25
Sir Will posted...
Not as bad as how front loaded VIII was. The sheer number has surpassed the other games now though.
Well, Type 0 and VI. With the inclusion of Strago and Kurasame's eventual addition, VI and Type 0 both (will) have the same number of characters, 13.

VI
Terra
Shadow
Setzer
Sabin
Cyan
Edgar
Celes
Kefka
Relm
Locke
Gau
Leo
Strago

Type 0
Rem
King
Ace
Cater
Seven
Deuce
Cinque
Machina
Eight
Jack
Trey
Nine
Kurasame

Somewhat interestingly, below VI and Type Zero there are two that also have the same number of characters right now, IV and VIII at 11.

IV
DKC
Pencil
Edge
Yang
Kain
Palom
Rydia
Rosa
Porom
Edward
Golbez

VIII
Squall
Laguna
Zell
Irvine
Quistis
Selphie
Rinoa
Seifer
Raijun
Fujin
Ultimecia
There is a Ghost in my attic and he says: "It's very dark up here...." ....Oh right....and he also says: "Boo."

User Info: _Sanaki_

_Sanaki_
3 weeks ago#26
Yet Type-0 somehow has too many. People are really silly. It’s not like they’ve added the entire playable cast, multiple guests, a villain, and then more NPCs/boss fights like VIII.
I kept silent, blaming these antics on your ignorance, but I can no longer tolerate your manners!

User Info: Robinblade

Robinblade
3 weeks ago#27
Gotta say, they outdid GL's anniversary big time. I'm definitely excited about the things to come. This just seems like a good month for FFXV fans.
The Lady Lover: Can't get enough of those beautiful ladies!
Currently Playing: OW, BBTAG, DFFNT, DFFOO. 3DS IGN: Dq FC: 0731 - 5833 - 8244

User Info: vivi69

vivi69
3 weeks ago#28
Oh my god. Pls f***in stop with type 0 chars, i got tired with them. Where is my fft chars, sqex?
Aranea the best GL First Garbage, change my mind.

User Info: Snorlax_exlax

Snorlax_exlax
3 weeks ago#29
AuraBurqa posted...
Trust me, I agree and I don't think it'll happen. I would be very surprised to not see a rework on Laguna and Thancred. But just remember Paine. They didn't rework her with her EX+ either. Not to say she wasn't better than either of the other 2, because she clearly was, I'm just saying it's happened recently. Same with Yuna. Yuna's skill are practically the exact same as from when the game was released.
I agree that there are some oddities, and I am maybe a little too forgiving with some of the decisions

I see many things in the long-run, is all, but I that’s easier when you play JP

I can always say “eh maybe next month will be cooler” to news I don’t like, while GL has to wait like 8 months or whatever
[JP] Dissidia OO ID - https://imgur.com/ClrYzaO.png
Dissidia OO ID - https://i.imgur.com/N8nsURG.png

AuraBurqa
3 weeks ago#30
_Sanaki_ posted...
Yet Type-0 somehow has too many. People are really silly. It’s not like they’ve added the entire playable cast, multiple guests, a villain, and then more NPCs/boss fights like VIII.
Something you seem to not understand is that people are not complaining about how many T0 characters there are. It's the sheer rate at which they're being released.

Characters released since Chaos era:
FFI: Garland (1)
FFII: Emperor (1)
FFIII: CoD, Desch (2)
FFIV: Edward (1)
FFV: Exdeath (1)
FFVI: Gau, Leo, Strago (3)
FFVII: None
FFVIII: Ultimecia (1)
FFIX: Beatrix (1)
FFX: Kimahri (1)
FFXI: Kam'lanaut, Arciela, Eald'Narche (3)
FFXII: Basch, Gabranth (2)
FFXIII: Caius (1)
FFXIV: Lyse (1)
FFXV: Ignis, Ardyn (2), *Gladio (3)*
FFT: None
FFT0: Machina, Eight, Jack, Trey, Nine (5), *Kurasame (6)*
FFCC: Ciaran, Keiss, Amidatelion (3)
WoFF: None

The closest amount of releases after FFT0's 5 characters (6 if you count Kurasame since he is confirmed) is 3. That's literally double the amount. Also, VII, Tactics and WoFF have not had a single new release since Chaos has started.
  1. Boards
  2. Dissidia: Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia
  3. [JP] February Content - Kurasame + Gladiolus, Lv30 Bahamut, Eight + Gau LC
  • Topic Closed

GameFAQs Q&A