• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: TitanOxide

TitanOxide
1 week ago#31
_Sanaki_ posted...
Serah would want full Moonlight........ I see plenty of people who play in Japan saying the extra Attack is more valuable
Fairly sure in the case of Serah she want double cursed 100%.
Why you care about small things? World very simple place. World only have two things: Things you can eat and things you no can eat..

User Info: _Sanaki_

_Sanaki_
1 week ago#32
TitanOxide posted...
Fairly sure in the case of Serah she want double cursed 100%.

And others say differently. Feel free to present the 100% objective argument that says which one is which, but I don’t think it exists really. Saying Attack over Charged Moonlight winds up being pretty subjective as there are good arguments for either.
I kept silent, blaming these antics on your ignorance, but I can no longer tolerate your manners!

User Info: igor140

igor140
1 week ago#33
hey, i bought an additional 200 of serah's artifacts with 2000 tokens AFTER grinding hard for her artifacts on the basch event... i feel lucky to have even gotten 3x ADAB at all, even if they are attached to HP+620 and things like that. (actually i'm pretty sure one IS mBRV +330, which is awesome.)
FFBE: 229.361.850; 2000 hyoh, 1200/1350 malphasie, 1600 TT (SoT)
(message deleted)

User Info: SergioOO

SergioOO
1 week ago#35
_Sanaki_ posted...
No, I’m saying it’s a bit more up in the air than you’re treating it. If Charges are better than stats plain and simple then Serah would want full Moonlight, Aerith want Cetra, etc. Yet I see plenty of people who play in Japan saying the extra Attack is more valuable. Acting like your opinion is fact when for a number of characters are up for debate is pretty arrogant.

Not an opinion, I already calculated damage output in the example I provided: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/195275-dissidia-final-fantasy-opera-omnia/77891290

Ask them to provide the same. Numbers are not up for interpretation.

Edit: Note that I'm not arguing what artifact a character wants, but that there is an artifact that stands above the rest and it's based on maths.
GL co-op sucks.

_Sanaki_
1 week ago#36
I’m talking more broadly than someone like Vivi. With Damage there is usually a specific answer, though even then there are other factors. Note that the examples I gave were not Vivi, so citing him isn’t really answering what I asked.
I kept silent, blaming these antics on your ignorance, but I can no longer tolerate your manners!

SergioOO
1 week ago#37
_Sanaki_ posted...
I’m talking more broadly than someone like Vivi. With Damage there is usually a specific answer, though even then there are other factors.

100% of characters' artifacts focus on maximizing damage output, can we agree on this?

Note that the examples I gave were not Vivi, so citing him isn’t really answering what I asked.

I don't see your question anywhere. I don't care about what artifact is BiS for those characters, only the fact that one is BiS and it's not an opinion; JP/GL players can say one or the other is best as we play different versions of the game, that doesn't mean one side is right or wrong until maths prove what's what.

Since you don't seem to be up to contribute it, if I were to calculate the GL BiS like I did for Vivi, would you agree?

GL co-op sucks.

_Sanaki_
1 week ago#38
You literally quoted where I talked about Serah and Aerith. And if you want to go through every characters kit and pull out the numbers on the exact specifics go ahead. I don’t personally agree though that it’s always a pure “most damage = best” thing though. Tanks exist and you’re not really taking them because they hit the hardest, unless you’re trying to argue in some weird abstract sense that because other characters can just focus on damage that’s increasing damage. Same for characters like Porom.

Edit: Broadly speaking I would call the goal “beat the other side before they beat you”. It’s a bit more complex than just “do the most damage”.
(edited 1 week ago)

SergioOO
1 week ago#39
_Sanaki_ posted...
You literally quoted where I talked about Serah and Aerith. And if you want to go through every characters kit and pull out the numbers on the exact specifics go ahead. I don’t personally agree though that it’s always a pure “most damage = best” thing though. Tanks exist and you’re not really taking them because they hit the hardest, unless you’re trying to argue in some weird abstract sense that because other characters can just focus on damage that’s increasing damage. Same for characters like Porom.

We're talking artifacts, why are you adding roles into the mix? Even so, regardless of whichever role you bring their artifacts are focused on doing/providing the highest damage (DPT) -Porom with 330/c50**-. At this point it's clear you reject roles, definitions and numbers too.

Edit: Broadly speaking I would call the goal “beat the other side before they beat you”. It’s a bit more complex than just “do the most damage”.

The goal of the game is set by the score system; do as much damage as you can in the least amount of turns.

GL co-op sucks.

_Sanaki_
1 week ago#40
Sadly I think what’s more clear is a difficulty in comprehending rather simple concepts on your end. Sadly it’s not much I can fix, especially as you somehow think that Artifacts exist independently of a characters role in combat, but it is what it is.

And I would say the goal is not to do the maximum but the minimum with the most consistent rate of success. What I mean is that so long as you clear the bar the amount you clear it by is rather meaningless, what matters after that is how consistently you can replicate that success, how quickly time wise you can do it, and how simple you can make it. Getting higher numbers than the game asks you to get is fairly meaningless.

And ultimately what you are saying does not in any way change what I said, that you’re still not going to build your overall team just for damage. Once you start taking someone like Basch or other tanks, or really broadly anyone who is not geared purely towards doing more damage then clearly the game is looking a bit differently than you’re painting it. Or are you going to try and claim that all tanks/healers are only being brought for more damage and not for any of the healing/damage reduction they offer?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers