• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dissidia: Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia
  3. Why did I MLB Ultimecia again?

User Info: stefferweffer

stefferweffer
1 week ago#1
I'm trying to convince myself that I did not succumb to the "hype" about her. I first thought she'd be able to clear groups, but it seems her special attacks do brave damage to all but only HP damage to a single target. And even with synergy in her event, I can do more damage with other non-synergy characters. Also, her EX charges much slower than I'm used to.

What is it I am missing about her? She is 3/3 EX+ now with great artifacts and all 4 summon boards. Everyone talks about how great she is in this era, but I must not understand the proper sequence to use in her battles.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying you "guys" are wrong. I'm sure that I'm wrong because I'm just missing something important in her arsenal.

Thanks for your help.

User Info: ssringo

ssringo
1 week ago#2
She's quite efficent at putting out good numbers for many turns thanks to her free turns at 3/3ex+ which keeps turn count low in Chaos. She does good aoe brave shaving and has gravity which helps cut through those ridiculous enemy brave numbers. Hell's Judgement+ does 100% splash damage. Her HP++ is quite efficient to use to save her abilities.

Assuming the enemy doesnt hard counter of course.

Edit: she's more of a hard content character than general stuff imo. She can't shine if stuff dies before she gets going.
Hi
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: holyknight14

holyknight14
1 week ago#3
She sucks until she gets 5 stacks and her EX charges, but once that happens she is incredibly turn efficient while doing high damage (and BRV shave without relying purely on ATK) which are both essential for Chaos.

Her LD fixes the first issue thankfully, but that's far off.

User Info: Kowalls

Kowalls
1 week ago#4
I'm not a hardcore player mostly play for the FF fanservice so I can't give you the technicalities but I do know whats good about her.

First in things like chaos and such you need longevity, I believe what they say. At 3/3 her default hp becomes a brv + hp attack allowing her to save skills. Second turn count becomes very important for clear and although her EX isn't as fast as some others, she gets free consecutive turns after every use (which is bad ass in itself). I'm sure their are other things.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: ScrappyDingo

ScrappyDingo
1 week ago#5
It's also nice that ALL of her attacks boost her Maleficum by 2. So even using her Malestrom doesn't feel like a waste of a turn.

Being able to possibly break 3 enemies in one turn is also underrated
Cancer free 52 months and counting!
EAGLES ARE SUPER BOWL LII CHAMPIONS

User Info: ellis123

ellis123
1 week ago#6
Presumably the thing you're missing is how simplistic she is to get to the + versions of her abilities and that you really shouldn't care about her stuffs before that point. Her BRV/HP+ attacks will give her two stacks of her stacking buff if you already have one so all you really have to do is Protean->HP+->HP+ and suddenly she's online. And after that point much of what you're talking about falls to the wayside. Her damage with her Protean+ is absolutely goofy (in synergy I see 9999's on everything but Chaos, which is still higher than everyone that doesn't have significantly less hits) and Hell's Judgement+ does 100% AoE damage (removing your other complaint). And with her EX's ability to make her next move not count for uses she can veritably spam skills compared to anyone but Vayne. In addition because of her free skill use any time after your first EX ability usage she'll end up almost completely filled up even if you're not wanting to use skills at all. And if you *do* use skills all three times then she instantly has her EX up on he next turn, making her flat out the most EX-happy character in the entire game.

Finally, though not exactly necessary, don't be stingy about putting her own Sphere on her. While what I'm talking about her prior to doing so you're still looking at a non-trivial boost to damage for her with the Def down debuff and if you're really unable to accomplish what you see that others are doing (Octo is always a good one to look at for examples: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zl_HDPP76A&feature=emb_logo ) it's quite reasonable to stick it on and see if that boosts you up to their level.
"A shouted order to do something of dubious morality with an unpredictable outcome? Thweeet!"
My FC is in my profile.

User Info: ZenTea

ZenTea
1 week ago#7
She melts through basically any content there is available and will for quite some time.
Monster Hunter - https://www.youtube.com/c/Zentea
Dissidia NT - FlyFaster

User Info: DuddyTheClown

DuddyTheClown
1 week ago#8
I must admit that I don't like her slow animations and if someone comes around with whom she can be replaced I'll do it. She is definately strong but her brave overflow on protean swords and hell's judgement aren't that great tbh , there are units which can do more damage per skill that is why she doesn't shine when you first use her but when you get into her kit you will understand that she is a monster and definately deserves to be in the spotlight but in the end it's just a game and everyone should use the characters they like.
For me personally I haven't had any better results then before and I think the support characters are the ones that make your team significantly better , you can take any other damager with 2 supports and be at max brave all the time and spam HP attacks but Ultimecias aoe brave shaving and longevity are her biggest strength and are too useful to just not bring her into your team.

User Info: Loinator

Loinator
1 week ago#9
I'm hitting 999k score on everything when i use her. Feod7? 999k

LCs? 999k

EX, skills, free turns. 40k damage skills without turn count, and its actualy 150k damage on her turn.

Its Vayne all over again.

When Emperor and Leo and Weiss come, i can bet we gonna see topics like this again.
I finish ALL MH games using just Lances. Every Boss. Every Quest. Yeah. Since begin. Yeah o/.

User Info: DuddyTheClown

DuddyTheClown
1 week ago#10
Loinator posted...
I'm hitting 999k score on everything when i use her. Feod7? 999k

LCs? 999k

EX, skills, free turns. 40k damage skills without turn count, and its actualy 150k damage on her turn.

Its Vayne all over again.

When Emperor and Leo and Weiss come, i can bet we gonna see topics like this again.

May I ask which team you have used?
  1. Boards
  2. Dissidia: Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia
  3. Why did I MLB Ultimecia again?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers