• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: SiraLano

SiraLano
3 weeks ago#1
Which Leviathan passive? - Results (79 votes)
Leviathan Life Up
86.08% (68 votes)
Leviathan Resist Up
13.92% (11 votes)
This poll is now closed.
For non water element units, I go Boost up and Initial attack up. Which is the better 3rd passive? Sorry if been asked before.

User Info: Squall_L

Squall_L
3 weeks ago#2
SiraLano posted...
For non water element units, I go Boost up and Initial attack up. Which is the better 3rd passive? Sorry if been asked before.

Leviathan life up without a doubt,the passive have no hp condition to trigger,so is free unconditional 10% hp,something you can always make use on your character to increase survivability.

User Info: ellis123

ellis123
3 weeks ago#3
Even if Resist Up didn't have a trigger it still wouldn't be the better of the two (though it would probably replace the iBRV passive if it didn't). The HP passive is extremely relevant as you get around battery effects far better while also being just fine against BRV + HP Atks (5% HP is effectively the same as 5% DR in a single string scenario though the DR gets better the more you're hit). In addition most of the time on anyone but your tank you'll end up being hit for such high numbers that the DR will rarely prevent a death/break unless you were already going to be fine (your tanks, however, can get significant boosts out of it due to the summon's DR stacking with their own innate DR's). The fact that it also has a condition only makes it that more awkward. And unlike Ramuh's it will likely not be as critical as there's a very real chance of any single target BRV+HP Atk taking you from full to nothing while most AoE versions either come with their own battery or will end up not really become scary because of their individual cleave potential.

If they ever start giving you the ability to stack them there can be some extreme cheese potential (look at any of the Persona games if you want to see what happens when you take it too far) but as it stands the HP is far more likely going to be the better of the two.
"A shouted order to do something of dubious morality with an unpredictable outcome? Thweeet!"
My FC is in my profile.

User Info: SiraLano

SiraLano
3 weeks ago#4
Thank youuuu.

User Info: DragonZ3R0

DragonZ3R0
3 weeks ago#5
So it's boost up, attack up and life up, right ?

User Info: Snorlax_exlax

Snorlax_exlax
3 weeks ago#6
DragonZ3R0 posted...
So it's boost up, attack up and life up, right ?

yes

though I personally kinda prefer resist up over boost up

I like my characters to be tank-ier at low health
[JP] Dissidia OO ID - https://imgur.com/J7yNMqy
Dissidia OO ID - https://imgur.com/PzJJDJl

User Info: DragonZ3R0

DragonZ3R0
3 weeks ago#7
Thanks
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers