• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dissidia: Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia
  3. Sherlotta event: Debating whether to pull

User Info: BahamutX978

BahamutX978
3 weeks ago#1
I hear Sherlotta will be very good on launch, even able to function well on Chaos. But how necessary will she be?

My main reason for asking is, since I failed to get Rydia's EX some time back, and it is one I want eventually, should I skip Sherlotta and wait for her LC? Or should I go for her now and wait for a different opportunity to pull for Rydia, or just pull for her on the Sherlotta LC even if I pull on Sherlotta's event banner?
Bored of my old sig

User Info: Shinigami2784

Shinigami2784
3 weeks ago#2
Depends on if you already have characters that can handle early chaos, and if you want to wait 10 months for the LC.
It's a trick, get an axe.

User Info: Snorlax_exlax

Snorlax_exlax
3 weeks ago#3
didn’t pull for her in JP, and I still won’t on her LC, already got Rydia decked out

that said, she’s super useful...
will probably dump 75k for her in GL, cause having a Chaos ready character without needing ingots is too good to pass up
[JP] Dissidia OO ID - https://i.imgtc.ws/tuwj8VG.png
Dissidia OO ID - https://i.imgtc.ws/mDmgxVW.png

User Info: CasualOblivion

CasualOblivion
3 weeks ago#4
Sherlotta is probably one of the most valuable characters ever because:

1. The Chaos era features an ongoing event FeoD with a heretic style mechanic where characters can’t be reused. In order to complete this you will need a deep roster with many characters, you can’t just build 3-5 and use them exclusively
2. Chaos events are geared for EX+ characters and only a rare handful of non-EX+ can contribute at any level and only at the start. EX+ characters require books and ingots to build and these are very limited, more limited than EX weapons are for us right now.
3. Sherlotta alone can match the raw power of EX+ characters without requiring books or ingots. As those are so limited and because you need a deep roster for FeoD, Sherlotta is almost a must pull.
Loquiesha was the whitest Blood Elf in the Horde. DFFOO ID: Loquiesha 665752198

User Info: Fairy_Walnut

Fairy_Walnut
3 weeks ago#5
CasualOblivion posted...

1. The Chaos era features an ongoing event FeoD with a heretic style mechanic where characters can’t be reused. In order to complete this you will need a deep roster with many characters, you can’t just build 3-5 and use them exclusively
2. Chaos events are geared for EX+ characters and only a rare handful of non-EX+ can contribute at any level and only at the start. EX+ characters require books and ingots to build and these are very limited, more limited than EX weapons are for us right now.
3. Sherlotta alone can match the raw power of EX+ characters without requiring books or ingots. As those are so limited and because you need a deep roster for FeoD, Sherlotta is almost a must pull.

Perfect assessment!

She is a must pull for these reasons and I think most if not all will regret not pulling her and you don’t want that feeling.

User Info: DarcKage

DarcKage
3 weeks ago#6
I know a lot of JP players regretted not pulling for her back when she first came out over there. You can manage without her if you have other supports but she'll still be very nice to have early on in Chaos.
3DS FC: 2578-4335-5034

BahamutX978
3 weeks ago#7
CasualOblivion posted...

At roughly 36 EX characters and counting, sounds like I'm overqualified. Even my non-EX characters tend to be pretty good.
Nah, just taking this opportunity to work in a brag.

I'm aware of that detail.

That's a fair point.

Guess for reasons like that, I shouldn't let her pass up then.
I was going to skip Garland event for his LC since I already have WoL and Garland falls off and getting EX+ for now and the foreseeable future is still scarce, and Ultimecia follows. Fang EX will also probably be a pass too.
Bored of my old sig

User Info: CasualOblivion

CasualOblivion
3 weeks ago#8
BahamutX978 posted...
At roughly 36 EX characters and counting, sounds like I'm overqualified. Even my non-EX characters tend to be pretty good.

As far as the Chaos battles in FeoD go, that roster means almost nothing. Chaos requires EX+ for the most part, the characters who can contribute without tend to be the most powerful buff/battery/healer characters like Ramza, Porom, and Serah. Even those are underwhelming compared to EX+. Sherlotta alone can perform on equal terms with EX+.

Loquiesha was the whitest Blood Elf in the Horde. DFFOO ID: Loquiesha 665752198

BahamutX978
3 weeks ago#9
CasualOblivion posted...
BahamutX978 posted...

As far as the Chaos battles in FeoD go, that roster means almost nothing. Chaos requires EX+ for the most part, the characters who can contribute without tend to be the most powerful buff/battery/healer characters like Ramza, Porom, and Serah. Even those are underwhelming compared to EX+. Sherlotta alone can perform on equal terms with EX+.

Well, what a coincidence though, I have all 3 of their EX
Bored of my old sig

User Info: Furryyiffer

Furryyiffer
3 weeks ago#10
Sherlotta is still useful to this day for chaos without EX+. I think that really says all that needs to be. She is useful throughout an entire era that generally obsoletes those without EX+
Bayonetta trilogy coming to Switch. Let the hype consume you
  1. Boards
  2. Dissidia: Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia
  3. Sherlotta event: Debating whether to pull
  • Topic Archived