• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dissidia: Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia
  3. Ramza, Terra, Sherlotta, Ace EX comparison, and free EX choice

User Info: TBD2009

TBD2009
3 weeks ago#41
CasualOblivion posted...
At the time that Noctis was introduced, a maxed out Terra was arguably still better than him. She didn’t fall out of the top tier until Cait Sith buffs became a thing, though she needed her EX to keep up in the later stages.

I guess I was expecting the level of Terra that I had on Dissidia. But that's my being salty and overly critical.

But she was a key part of my team doing solo Co Ops on Alisaie's event. And I absolutely loved jumping into PUG Co Op, and pumping out great damage. And when I learned her skill rotations, I found people were happy to play with me. I had her as my support for ages, and when she dropped off, I'd been lucky enough to join this forum and learn who to try pulling for. How to best play each unit on my team. And how to complete content.

So I guess I did get to see her near the end of her reign. But now I'm seeing the Terra I expected a year ago. And looking forward to her EX+ in a few months.
DFFOO ID: 489768448
Player name: "Terra"

User Info: TBD2009

TBD2009
3 weeks ago#42
Violethound posted...
Thank you indeed, and it's a relief to know that I don't have to chase for her ^^

You can still give her a few tickets if you like. Arguably, this is the strongest she'll be for a few weeks. And she's got good numbers when min/maxed. If you get her mBRV 330 x3, and 6* Trance Boost, she's amazing for Cosmos. Replace Trance for Attack 108 x3 for Chaos, and her EX+ can help her for a couple select events.

She isn't trash. But you have units to get you through *to* Chaos content right now. So ultimately it's your choice. Save 75k for Ultimacia. Save for Ace. Save for Sherlotta. Save for whomever. Or pull for favorites if you like. Terra is fun. And for me, I need favorites and "meta". I pulled *way* to hard on Terra, Selphie, Squall and Warrior of Light (before he was even useful). And intend to throw away up to 30k in gems next week on *Selphie* of all people for her EX. Which only has the real benefit of boosting EX casting speed. Why? Because Booyaka! That's why.

So please pull for who you want. You might love Terra. You might regret it. But if you want to conserve, skipping Terra until Gau is best for your situation.

Violethound posted...
Btw thanks for realizing it, yeah I was having fun showcasing units I have who have "Meteor" name in their EX ability :p I failed though since After Cloud, Golbez, Rinoa, I planned for Jecht for the 4th week, but then I failed to get his EX after 260 ish tickets and I cut the loss. >_< Luckily, someone else in my friendlist got the idea and he make it happened on his account :p

I didn't pull for Jecht, so not knowing he had meteors, I didn't realize why you didn't have a fourth "meteor themed" support. I think at that time you put up Freya for your friend?

I thought it was a fun thing you were doing though. I was tempted to join you. I have 100% Vivi, Terra, Rinoa and Cloud, so that would have been neat.

We have to Co Op again when I'm not working 10:30AM to 10:30PM and just jumping on to quick farm summon boards and do five solo Co Ops for Terra Edoja.
DFFOO ID: 489768448
Player name: "Terra"

User Info: VeraMagna

VeraMagna
3 weeks ago#43
Cmiiw but this is the second strongest Terra ever will be right? The strongest she can be is a few weeks after her EX+. Up to, and after that, Terra sank into the barrel of subparity. Not bad, but because she only has 12 ability uses it's treated more like a buff refresher than damage source. Her BRV/HP++ are quite a bit better in shaving than Ramza's, in exchange for battery and free turns. But other than that she's basically Ramza with more emphasis on BRV/HP++ than the EX.

User Info: Violethound

Violethound
3 weeks ago#44
TBD2009 posted...
If you get her mBRV 330 x3, and 6* Trance Boost, she's amazing for Cosmos. Replace Trance for Attack 108 x3 for Chaos, and her EX+ can help her for a couple select events.

Thanks I'll keep them in mind. so the perfect arts for her is triple 330/c50 and then swap all three to 108/330 during EX+ era. Neat.
TBD2009 posted...
And intend to throw away up to 30k in gems next week on *Selphie* of all people for her EX. Which only has the real benefit of boosting EX casting speed. Why? Because Booyaka! That's why.

Booyaka! ;) Hope you'll get her EX before 30k!

TBD2009 posted...
I didn't pull for Jecht, so not knowing he had meteors, I didn't realize why you didn't have a fourth "meteor themed" support. I think at that time you put up Freya for your friend?

I thought it was a fun thing you were doing though. I was tempted to join you. I have 100% Vivi, Terra, Rinoa and Cloud, so that would have been neat.

We have to Co Op again when I'm not working 10:30AM to 10:30PM and just jumping on to quick farm summon boards and do five solo Co Ops for Terra Edoja.

Yeah iirc I put Freya since @Krentaris was looking for Freya supports for his fun project but then I forgot to change it until @iodoethane gave me a suggestion that WoL may be a substitute for Quistis to help ppl clearing summon boards (due to his shield prevents Ifrit from gaining brave and prevents Shiva from breaking us, hence no veil) ;-)

And yeah please do the meteor theme with your roster, it's always fun! :p

Nice, hopefully we'll run into one another again for another awesome coop ;)
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: RandoGamerKid

RandoGamerKid
3 weeks ago#45
https://imgtc.ws/i/jtSqpY7.png

Running this as of now. Cant be bothered to farm 2x 108/330s because I wont be using her in chaos anyway. And if she IS viable for a few, those 2 arts wont make or break her anyway.
5430 3269 9570 3DS FC
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: iodoethane

iodoethane
2 weeks ago#46
I've managed to refresh my Terra arts entirely, my best before this was a single atk/mbrv, might meteor/trance boost, I think. Now I've 3 x atk/mbrv, and 2 x mbrv/Trance. High costs though...
https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/profile/iodoethane
Dissidia Final Fantasy Opera Omnia ID: 914217850 (iodoethane)

User Info: Solarwind

Solarwind
2 weeks ago#47
Ramza's given me 2 BiS thus far since this co-op started, but my god, Terra and Faris won't even give me one. I've gotten no less than 7 108/Cannonfire** on Faris and probably that much or more 108/Brv Guard** for Terra, and not a single damn BiS. And I'd be happy with 108/330, 108/cs50**, or 330/cs50**, so I'm not chasing one art - haven't seen one of any of those three! Ironically my only BiS on Terra was from eidogas long ago.
...and his music was electric.
DFFOO ID: 454285321
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: Violethound

Violethound
2 weeks ago#48
This thread seems to shift into artifacts discussion... but boy I really jelly abt yours guys, I rarely seen any double red arts, let alone the perfect one for the character >_<. I'm just happy with 108/whatever white I have... oh yeah, 55; or 65/c50** XD

Oh and recently Snow and Faris kept on convincing me that "Dmg Guards ** matter" by kept on showering me with the red BRV/HP Dmg Guards. NO Snow, Faris, STAHP. T__T

User Info: User12345678

User12345678
2 weeks ago#49
igor140 posted...
SergioOO posted...
The issue is not that she's wasting brv, the real problem is that she has virtually nothing to make up for it. Just take a look at any of the other examples you used: Noctis EX = cost 0, 18 skills, hp++ addressed above. Quistis has a fast EX to make up for her skills, WoL has 16 skills and ridiculous hp++, Rinoa has her hp+ and skills she basically uses to charge EX and use hp+, hell, she is one of the characters with most longevity. What does Terra have to make up for her 12 skills and wasting half the brv damage she would be dealing? A weak hp+ and a slow EX that is 3 hits and serves as a mbrv buff. How many times do you get to cast her EX throughout a stage, 3 times?

a perfectly valid point, and i'm not saying that terra is the bees knees, or even that she's better than noctis; simply that she's better than many people make her out to be. managing her turns and BRV properly, meteor should ONLY be used in it's advanced form, which means a lot of HP+, which will still hit for ~25k. that's nothing to build your party around, but alternating hits of 25k and 65k (easily more with proper party buffs and BRV management) averages out to some solid DPT.

the synergy and weakness are also valid points against her being top-meta... but they are also points that actually justify the people who like and wanted to pull for her: if there is a weakness that she exploits... then there is a weakness that she can exploit. she's likely not the only one who can hit that weakness, but in the meantime, she does it well.

Terra higher longevity than Noctis. Terra HP+ hits for 25k. What are you smoking, kid?

User Info: CasualOblivion

CasualOblivion
2 weeks ago#50
User12345678 posted...
igor140 posted...
SergioOO posted...
The issue is not that she's wasting brv, the real problem is that she has virtually nothing to make up for it. Just take a look at any of the other examples you used: Noctis EX = cost 0, 18 skills, hp++ addressed above. Quistis has a fast EX to make up for her skills, WoL has 16 skills and ridiculous hp++, Rinoa has her hp+ and skills she basically uses to charge EX and use hp+, hell, she is one of the characters with most longevity. What does Terra have to make up for her 12 skills and wasting half the brv damage she would be dealing? A weak hp+ and a slow EX that is 3 hits and serves as a mbrv buff. How many times do you get to cast her EX throughout a stage, 3 times?

a perfectly valid point, and i'm not saying that terra is the bees knees, or even that she's better than noctis; simply that she's better than many people make her out to be. managing her turns and BRV properly, meteor should ONLY be used in it's advanced form, which means a lot of HP+, which will still hit for ~25k. that's nothing to build your party around, but alternating hits of 25k and 65k (easily more with proper party buffs and BRV management) averages out to some solid DPT.

the synergy and weakness are also valid points against her being top-meta... but they are also points that actually justify the people who like and wanted to pull for her: if there is a weakness that she exploits... then there is a weakness that she can exploit. she's likely not the only one who can hit that weakness, but in the meantime, she does it well.

Terra higher longevity than Noctis. Terra HP+ hits for 25k. What are you smoking, kid?

Noctis has much higher effective longevity once you apply per turn efficiency. The longer the fight and the more Terra has to use HP+ the more her per turn efficiency goes down. Noctis by comparison has HP++ which deals almost as much as his + abilities and more than his EX and non + abilities.

This being said, Terra does has some synergies and advantages. While it hasn’t been important lately, the battery component of Terra’s attacks makes her to a large extent ignore defense and magic resistance and that was a large part of what made her amazing at the start of the 60/60 era. If there is a multiple round boss fight that includes bosses both weak to and resistant to magic, Terra can hit both hard. Terra being based off of mBRV as opposed to Atk means she scales more dramatically when she has synergy from an event. Terra applies the always important speed down debuff. In a short fight where she doesn’t have to HP+ as often, she hits like a freight train. Terra also works fantastic with BRV regen effects as she has sky high iBRV which she herself buffs higher and her own BRV which stacks wi5 other sources. On a team with Ramza and Lenna who give two more iBRV auras and three additional stacking sources of BRV Regen my Terra regen for 17.5k without synergy and 24k with synergy.
Loquiesha was the whitest Blood Elf in the Horde. DFFOO ID: Loquiesha 665752198
  1. Boards
  2. Dissidia: Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia
  3. Ramza, Terra, Sherlotta, Ace EX comparison, and free EX choice
  • Post New Message