• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: CasualOblivion

CasualOblivion
1 month ago#1
What is your opinion of Abyss Beta - Results (203 votes)
It was awesome, one of the best things they've ever done
16.75% (34 votes)
It was good
33% (67 votes)
It was ok I guess
19.7% (40 votes)
Meh
7.39% (15 votes)
I played through it but didn't enjoy it much
12.32% (25 votes)
It sucked
8.87% (18 votes)
Bacon!
1.97% (4 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Well, we’ve had the “I like Abyss” topic and the “Abyss sucks” topic. Time for a poll I guess.

Loquiesha was the whitest Blood Elf in the Horde. DFFOO ID: Loquiesha 665752198

User Info: eoddel

eoddel
1 month ago#2
It was good. It's like story mode without cutscenes and more challenging with more restrictions. The rewards are welcome since we gonna enter 70 era.
Honestly, nothing special.

User Info: Crazy_Talk

Crazy_Talk
1 month ago#3
New player rewards for veteran content. Plus constantly swapping teams is a bigger chore here than swapping for Heretics.
Hope for the best, but expect nothing

User Info: Asheron61

Asheron61
1 month ago#4
Needs more variety in the requirements and less obvious advertising for the current banner, if only because it means you end up using the same 5-6 characters for most battles. Otherwise good though, I enjoyed it.

User Info: AuraBurqa

AuraBurqa
1 month ago#5
Aside from the constant: "use Squall and/or Layle every other battle" on content that's supposed to be permanent, not an event with featured characters like they treated it, it was good.
Opera Omnia ID [Aura]: 967686279 (60/60 Quistis | MLB 15/35/EX)
[JP] Opera Omnia ID: 298249489 (70/70 Lulu | MLB 15/35/EX/EX+)

User Info: Furryyiffer

Furryyiffer
1 month ago#6
It was a pretty neat dungeon type thing and the restrictions are cool but I wish the heretic bosses and cosmos didn't have the restrictions. It's a bit too much to have to hit both the missions and often pretty tight score requirements for the heretic bosses imo and cosmos really isn't a difficulty at this point that I feel is good to have those kind of restrictions on.
Bayonetta trilogy coming to Switch. Let the hype consume you

User Info: TitanOxide

TitanOxide
1 month ago#7
Excellent idea, but the execution was very lacking. Obviously wanted Layle, Yuri, Squall in your team more often than not.

If they did this again but not tied to a banner, I think they could do a better job.
Why you care about small things? World very simple place. World only have two things: Things you can eat and things you no can eat..

User Info: cityyankee24

cityyankee24
1 month ago#8
Having the restrictions on the bosses was fine IMO. Having them on the trash nodes was a waste of time though.

Overall good experience outside of Squall's/Layle's crystal and weapon types being pushed. The challenges could be more varied to other crystal colors and weapon types too
Don't mind me, just making contact
|(-_-)__
I didn't attempt it yet. Can you only use/reuse teams on certain floors or something?
Kitanai Ningen - Zamasu 2016
"To be honest, Ginyu himself doesn't have very many moves." - Tomoko Hiroki, DBFZ producer.

User Info: DragonZ3R0

DragonZ3R0
1 month ago#10
It was alright, could have been harder imo

I haven't seen nothing as hard as Lenna's first EX battle yet, I want something as challenging
  • Topic Archived