You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dissidia: Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia
  3. I'm not that impressed with Abyss

User Info: BlueSalvation

BlueSalvation
1 week ago#31
madmanmuzik posted...
If they put too much of the pulling resources they give us behind Cosmos-level content, it makes it harder for newer players to catch up, though.

True. Although the content itself is already steadily increasing in difficulty and newer players will struggle to keep up anyway.

Abyss appears to be geared towards well established rosters and I feel as though rewarding the long time players with a bit more tickets (nothing huge because that's unreasonable) is like a thank you for our continued support (I've thrown money at this game in a variety of ways, my most prominent purchase being Squall's costume).

Just my take. They'll likely not take this approach anyhow.
If you spend your whole life worrying about what others think of you, it is impossible to be yourself.

User Info: ScrappyDingo

ScrappyDingo
1 week ago#32
The high shards are great but longtime players aren't going to have a ton of ways to get gems to pull on these banners.
Cancer free 49 months and counting!
EAGLES ARE SUPER BOWL LII CHAMPIONS

User Info: Villainous

Villainous
1 week ago#33
The rewards are appropriate for new players, the content can only be completed by veterans.

There's no way to make this make sense.
FC: 2767-2257-8691
Final Fantasy Explorers

User Info: madmanmuzik

madmanmuzik
1 week ago#34
BlueSalvation posted...
madmanmuzik posted...
If they put too much of the pulling resources they give us behind Cosmos-level content, it makes it harder for newer players to catch up, though.

True. Although the content itself is already steadily increasing in difficulty and newer players will struggle to keep up anyway.

Abyss appears to be geared towards well established rosters and I feel as though rewarding the long time players with a bit more tickets (nothing huge because that's unreasonable) is like a thank you for our continued support (I've thrown money at this game in a variety of ways, my most prominent purchase being Squall's costume).

Just my take. They'll likely not take this approach anyhow.

IMO the best thing they can do is give things that are valuable but do not directly increase your power. I'd be all in favor of, like, special stickers you can only get by clearing certain strata, or something like that.
Poverty is the biggest and strongest jail the government ever built.

User Info: kupomogli

kupomogli
1 week ago#35
Krentaris posted...
I can't believe that people are actually getting annoyed about, well, anything other than how much it encourages the use of Layle and Squall, and maybe the rewards being high shards (since the people who are completing everything likely have more than enough of them already). It was specifically geared towards people who have a wide roster. If people can't be bothered to level up characters then that's their problem, and if they're too new to have the weapons for it then it's unfortunate but that's how it goes sometimes.

I don't have anyone below 51/60 at this point except for the ones that have yet to be awakened. And granted, I do have quite a strong roster give my recent pull luck, but even before I pulled for Zack and Layle EXs, I wasn't having any problems here. Since you can use friend characters it's more than completable with even a merely acceptable roster. I can't wait for FEoD to come out if Abyss elicits this much complaining.

It's more like, you can complete it if you've got enough 35s to MLB characters. I have no EXs for sword characters, I have single 35s for several of them and I've actually recently tried several combinations of sword characters along with Zack, Vayne, or Rinoa to try and carry these characters. A level 60/60 character doesn't mean anything unless they're MLB because oh hey look 1500 damage against Tiamat despite having maxed out Shiva/Ifrit boards. Layle is my only throwing character with MLB throwing weapons. I have 12 complete MLB characters including EXs and any other weapons than these two types I'd be able to put atleast one character, three EXs that have no level ups whatsoever, so the other three boss battles, I was easily able to carry some trash sword or trash throwing character. But the Tiamat battle I've gotten as high as 202k points, literally two turns away from being able to perfect it, but most of the time it's not even that close. The battles don't turn out the same way every time and most friends don't have everything maxed.

If I was able to use one of my own characters as a friend unit I'd be able to get the boss at 30.

They skew a battle behind several of one specific type. Good for you for lucky as s*** and being able to pull EXs and 35s off tickets. Some people don't have that luck and average around 50k for an EX and many times don't even get the 35 along with it. Tickets? One five star for me is about 20:1. I've heard some people went through more, but I've went through 80 tickets straight once without a single five star. Luck doesn't really matter though because even with bad luck I've been able to clear every bit of content and get whatever EXs I want by saving 75k or more before pulling. But this s*** is penalizing the people who don't have good luck, or maybe just have never wanted to draw characters with those specific weapon types. There's no reason to have to have a sword character over a great sword for instance, there's no different in the damage, Squall, Cecil, and Seifer don't carry greatswords, but hey, let's just put this crap over their head and say that they do. I have characters MLB with guns and bows, but that doesn't mean anything here despite having the exact same effect when it comes to strengths/weaknesses.

With 12 MLB weapons there should be more than a 20% chance that I atleast have one of each weapon type(and I do if you consider that Squall, both Cecil's, and Seifer carry swords and not greatswords,) but weapon types don't really matter as much and have never mattered just whether you have melee, ranged, or magic damage. It'd have been more fair if each battle had one of each requirement, okay fine, carry one character, but carrying two characters through a strict turn limit level 100 battle? BS
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: BlueSalvation

BlueSalvation
1 week ago#36
madmanmuzik posted...
IMO the best thing they can do is give things that are valuable but do not directly increase your power. I'd be all in favor of, like, special stickers you can only get by clearing certain strata, or something like that.

I like the idea of stickers, but those hold no real value and would likely trigger new players into demanding those stickers be made available to everyone.

I think what you are overlooking is Abyss is tethered to this recent banner release with Squall EX, Layle EX, and Yuri. Increasing our banner draw rewards in general would likely go towards that banner for those that didn't land Squalls EX in the past and want to also try for Layle EX.

Some of these stages are so heavily reliant on having these characters that it would make sense to give us more rewards so we can do some pulls on that banner if we want to try and make it easier on us should we not already have them in our roster.

RNG can be a monster and not every veteran player managed to get Squalls EX or might want to try for Layle's EX with some better quest/mission rewards.
If you spend your whole life worrying about what others think of you, it is impossible to be yourself.
(edited 1 week ago)

kupomogli
1 week ago#37
So I just realized I had Firion's 35, decided to level it to 20 and level him to 60 crystal level. Equipped what he had available and took him to a random battle and holy fu** does he take off a ton of damage without an MLB weapon. I took him to Ifrit and he's taking over 10k and he's not even on level 50. Well, looks like I found a character who I can help get past that Tiamat battle, but da** did it take such a long time to get at this point. With how much he took off? I'm not going to bother leveling him any further I'm going to just go straight in and hope to be able to complete it. If I have to I'll go through both Shiva and Ifrit with him as well and for certain should be able to finish it.

The character that's on the current banner, the one guy from FFCC. I have him 60/60 with a 35 and his damage is a freaking joke compared to what Firion can deal. Ramza kind of sucks too but atleast he's support and helps my other characters do more damage. After trying five different characters finally found one who can do something. I only have Tidus' 15 but since he had his rework he might actually be pretty good too, didn't think about him since I didn't have his 35.

User Info: Solarwind

Solarwind
1 week ago#38
I have Squall's stuff but I still had to do some of the Cosmos multiple times to get a full complete. There aren't a lot of remotely usable thrown users besides him and Setzer, and they are a carry at the Cosmos level of difficulty. EXless Layle is worse than Setzer though in my opinion...basic launch cheese is a thing of the past.

@kupomogli posted...
The character that's on the current banner, the one guy from FFCC. I have him 60/60 with a 35 and his damage is a freaking joke compared to what Firion can deal. Ramza kind of sucks too but atleast he's support and helps my other characters do more damage. After trying five different characters finally found one who can do something. I only have Tidus' 15 but since he had his rework he might actually be pretty good too, didn't think about him since I didn't have his 35.

Just an FYI, the FFCC guy, Layle, is not a DPS. That's why his own damage output is low. His skills are geared toward initiating chases. So his Energy Gain is meant to do that and provide a small battery to his teammates in order to help do more damage in the launch. Back when he was first awakened he was very hype because batteries like Cait, Selphie, and Beatrix to a lesser degree dominated the scene. So they could give the party lots of brv to fuel the chase that Layle provided. This was helpful for meeting tight turn requirements.

I don't know much about his EX other than that I've heard he isn't too outstanding until a future rework at which point he's high tier. Nowadays characters can put out a lot more damage single handedly, so Layle (especially with 35 only) is harder to justify on the team. And yeah without EX he isn't going to get you a good run on Cosmos.
...and his music was electric.
DFFOO ID: 454285321
(edited 1 week ago)

kupomogli
1 week ago#39
Solarwind posted...
I have Squall's stuff but I still had to do some of the Cosmos multiple times to get a full complete. There aren't a lot of remotely usable thrown users besides him and Setzer, and they are a carry at the Cosmos level of difficulty. EXless Layle is worse than Setzer though in my opinion...basic launch cheese is a thing of the past.

@kupomogli posted...

Just an FYI, the FFCC guy, Layle, is not a DPS. That's why his own damage output is low. His skills are geared toward initiating chases. So his Energy Gain is meant to do that and provide a small battery to his teammates in order to help do more damage in the launch. Back when he was first awakened he was very hype because batteries like Cait, Selphie, and Beatrix to a lesser degree dominated the scene. So they could give the party lots of brv to fuel the chase that Layle provided. This was helpful for meeting tight turn requirements.

I don't know much about his EX other than that I've heard he isn't too outstanding until a future rework at which point he's high tier. Nowadays characters can put out a lot more damage single handedly, so Layle (especially with 35 only) is harder to justify on the team. And yeah without EX he isn't going to get you a good run on Cosmos.

I meant the other FFCC guy, the one with the sword which having two sword characters is a requirement. I have none that so I tried several different characters out at 60/60 and Ramza/Firion worked out the best. Ramza is nothing more than a support character and even in that role he kind of sucks at 60/60 with his 35, but he offered more than any of the other characters as he was support, and since I had to use a high DPS character to carry these characters he was more beneficial. Firion wasn't even level 50, but I maxed his crystal passive, no MLB and a level 20 35CP he was taking 10-15k off Tiamat. Where the other characters that I tried, Lightning, Terra, etc, didn't even take much more than a few thousand and that FFCC was better but not enough to make any sort of difference whatsoever. I actually completed the battle first try with him.

I know how Layle plays, use his first ability so he can use brave+ support for the entire party and start chase sequences with his second ability. He's rather garbage unless you specifically build a party around chase sequences and there's far better characters to do this with.

User Info: Solarwind

Solarwind
1 week ago#40
kupomogli posted...

I meant the other FFCC guy, the one with the sword which having two sword characters is a requirement. I have none that so I tried several different characters out at 60/60 and Ramza/Firion worked out the best. Ramza is nothing more than a support character and even in that role he kind of sucks at 60/60 with his 35, but he offered more than any of the other characters as he was support, and since I had to use a high DPS character to carry these characters he was more beneficial. Firion wasn't even level 50, but I maxed his crystal passive, no MLB and a level 20 35CP he was taking 10-15k off Tiamat. Where the other characters that I tried, Lightning, Terra, etc, didn't even take much more than a few thousand and that FFCC was better but not enough to make any sort of difference whatsoever. I actually completed the battle first try with him.

I know how Layle plays, use his first ability so he can use brave+ support for the entire party and start chase sequences with his second ability. He's rather garbage unless you specifically build a party around chase sequences and there's far better characters to do this with.

Oh wow, I forgot all about Yuri. I actually pulled his weapons off a few yolo tickets the other day, but I've never tried him. He's never been particularly good in the time he's been out for us but will eventually be good in JP, though not sure for how long.

Layle was easily the best character for building a chase team at the time his 35 was released, there weren't really other awakened launchers at that time except Cloud and Decil. There's Fang and Kain too, but by the time they came around launch meta was kind of already on its way out. But yeah obviously the entire point of him was to build a chase team and cut down on turns, and like I said he fit well into the battery meta where you wanted your characters dumping brv efficiently. We're just far beyond the point where that's necessary or feasible. But there was a good deal of time where he really went a long ways to helping with stages where you didn't have the latest units or the boosted character.
...and his music was electric.
DFFOO ID: 454285321
(edited 1 week ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Dissidia: Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia
  3. I'm not that impressed with Abyss