You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dissidia: Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia
  3. I'm not that impressed with Abyss

User Info: heimdalgc

heimdalgc
1 week ago#1
I mean it's "fine"

But it's just like Heretics on a map....with some trash mobs. Every single trash mob can be cleared with a friend unit Squall.

And it's just a little annoying switching characters every single battle.

It doesn't really even force you to use too much of the roster. The same few characters can be used on most battles. Only the boss floor really changes it.

It's not a terrible thing, but I've seen a few people say "best thing ever" when I don't really buy that.
Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind

User Info: Fairy_Walnut

Fairy_Walnut
1 week ago#2
On top of that, they seem to make it as if they want you to pull for Layle Ex...3-7 😤

User Info: SalvadorWarhol

SalvadorWarhol
1 week ago#3
Fav thing about it was getting to bust out Yuffie

User Info: beam1249

beam1249
1 week ago#4
I agree that it’s not the best thing ever, but it’s definitely a step up compared to normal stuff. I wish the missions were a bit more varied instead of all of them being “Use Layle, Squall and/or Yuri.” At least it’s something different though, and I can see these going in a good direction in the future.

Nothing will beat the long heretic theta event. That thing actually made me use my roster, and was a little bit difficult in certain stages.
Completely agree. Aside from the boss stages, which were essentially just a mapped out heretic event, it just felt like busywork.
FFBE GL - 628 117 535

User Info: ScrappyDingo

ScrappyDingo
1 week ago#6
SalvadorWarhol posted...
Fav thing about it was getting to bust out Yuffie

LOL, yeah. Suddenly I don't look like an idiot for 60/60/MLBing Yuffie.

Every battle feels like "Bring Squall and Layle so make sure you pulled their EXs". Or if you don't have them, bring the requirements, drag yourself through, then go back and perfect it with Rinoa/Lenna/Vayne.
Cancer free 49 months and counting!
EAGLES ARE SUPER BOWL LII CHAMPIONS

User Info: Reb2323

Reb2323
1 week ago#7
This Abyss stuff “S@$?S” if you are a Color Blind person like I am!!!!!!!
Just Saying!
I can no longer afford the rent for this space!

User Info: Karnage4208238

Karnage4208238
1 week ago#8
yeah i was enjoying it until i got to the 3rd floor then it started to piss me off that 300K+ core stage in the third floor just screams cash brab then i started to enjoy myself again on floors 4 and 5 then i got to floor 6 and saw there was 6 of them and i said nope i need a break screw that
Cletus Kasady/Carnage Is The Greatest Villain Of All Time
S'up Im Karnage The Ultimate Cheater I Love to Cheat If You Don't Like It It's Your Problem Not Mine

User Info: heimdalgc

heimdalgc
1 week ago#9
Reb2323 posted...
This Abyss stuff “S@$?S” if you are a Color Blind person like I am!!!!!!!
Just Saying!

same.

I'm always like "Who is green versus yellow?"

At least there's a filter...
Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind

User Info: Holy_Cloud105

Holy_Cloud105
1 week ago#10
Yeah, my problem with it is how much they want you to pull for Layle's EX since he doesn't have longevity to meet full completes without it.
Official Aqua of the Kingdom Hearts 3 board.
  1. Boards
  2. Dissidia: Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia
  3. I'm not that impressed with Abyss