You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: CasualOblivion

CasualOblivion
1 week ago#71
RandoGamerKid posted...
I did use sub par characters as if to "save my best" for the COSMOS rounds. Probably why I had nearly half my meta roster left untouched. I over thought. I thought I was in for a long haul and needed to be picky who I used for the stages, but that ended up not being the case.

I figured it would be like Heretics where the final stage gives you back all your characters, which is how it turned out.
Loquiesha was the whitest Blood Elf in the Horde. DFFOO ID: Loquiesha 665752198

User Info: RandoGamerKid

RandoGamerKid
1 week ago#72
I wouldnt have objected to them keeping the locks on. Personally. New people can't win anyway. There doesnt seem to be a middle ground on this. You either beat it all or you cant
5430 3269 9570 3DS FC

User Info: TheMyth

TheMyth
1 week ago#73
RandoGamerKid posted...
I wouldnt have objected to them keeping the locks on. Personally. New people can't win anyway. There doesnt seem to be a middle ground on this. You either beat it all or you cant

Yea that sounds about right. With a decent roster it's a new refreshing layout. But newer players....damn ...
"Everything must be Metal. Blacker than the blackest black times infinity" - Nathan Explosion

User Info: madmanmuzik

madmanmuzik
1 week ago#74
RandoGamerKid posted...

My complaint about that would be that you don't get to see what the final boss fight is until after you've unlocked the gate by Perfecting the previous fights. Considering that you also have to contend with the mission reqs, you wouldn't know what to save. Imagine finally unlocking the Cosmos fight and being unable to do it because it needs 3x yellow + 1x thrown and you already used Layle, and you're stuck going back to redo a mission for no reward because of information you didn't have before. Overall, I think it's probably better that it works the way it does.

Something that just occurred to me: they reused the normal gates, which are a one-time unlock. If they wanted to keep the lockouts for the final boss fight but keep everything else the same, they'd have to code up a whole new thing. Not that it wouldn't be doable, I'd just rather they're investing their time in fun new stuff, stability and load speed, and QoL improvements instead of reinventing this particular wheel.
Poverty is the biggest and strongest jail the government ever built.

User Info: BlueSalvation

BlueSalvation
1 week ago#75
After completing the 3rd floor, I'm already tired of this. I might go on further, but I'm just not feeling it right now and very likely for the next few days.

I'm almost annoyed by this.
If you spend your whole life worrying about what others think of you, it is impossible to be yourself.

User Info: ScrappyDingo

ScrappyDingo
1 week ago#76
I'm glad no locks. Imagine being stuck using Cater to fulfill a yellow crystal gun character requirement on the final floor.
Cancer free 49 months and counting!
EAGLES ARE SUPER BOWL LII CHAMPIONS

User Info: Krio Lv3

Krio Lv3
1 week ago#77
The thing I dislike is the cosmos stage has character requirements, due to the thrown req, I have to use Setzer of layle and both are terrible right now.. I'd rather just Rinoa/vayne/Lenna or Sarah and then sub in a Quistis friend and call it a day. I'm not exactly big on meta ruling everything, but locking me out of content because there are next to no good thrown characters here is dumb.
3DS FC (For Pokemon Mainly): 3582 - 9560 - 3048

User Info: Sir Will

Sir Will
1 week ago#78
RandoGamerKid posted...

Some of the requirements are harsh enough as it is. The requirements on COSMOS seem bad enough without having a lockout issue on top of it.
River Song: Well, I was off to this gay gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled when I thought 'Gosh, the Third Reich's a bit rubbish, I think i'll kill the Fuhrer'

User Info: iodoethane

iodoethane
1 week ago#79
memek123 posted...
1st impression, kinda nice but the reward need more lul

using my limited roster i thought will not do, but i beat it day 1
Nice to hear that. Just how "limited" is your roster, by the way? My friend who started 3~4 months ago is having difficulty as well; although he's been lucky to get the recent meta ex weapons, he simply doesn't have many fully built characters.
https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/profile/iodoethane
Dissidia Final Fantasy Opera Omnia ID: 914217850 (iodoethane)