• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dissidia: Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia
  3. Advice for new players: Community Effort

User Info: TheMyth

TheMyth
9 months ago#61
Lvl.4 crystals are not farmable, you can get them from the co op token exchange and hard mode from the LCs starting with Thancred. With the LCs the lvl.4 crystals vary depending on the LC.
"Everything must be Metal. Blacker than the blackest black times infinity" - Nathan Explosion
(edited 9 months ago)

TheMyth
8 months ago#62
A small update pt. 3: had to take a pause due to a number of reasons. Summon boards take a lot of grinding, but selectively ranking up to save potions does work. Chocobo panels are now common, and very easy to deal with. Although they go on for a few days longer, I base completing them on the panel that requires 8 log ins. It seems some of the content in the panels is related to content that is current, so I usually slowly work on them until they're finished (except for the 8 day log in) around day 4-5 because it can't be completed before 8 log ins. The panels that say "bring X on 25 missions" and mine is weak they go crystal farming.
On an unrelated subject, but I'll add it here: I've consistently played video games since the Atari era, and if any video game is played too much/ impacts your real life, take a break.
"Everything must be Metal. Blacker than the blackest black times infinity" - Nathan Explosion

TheMyth
8 months ago#63
Co ops pt.2: (before I begin, since this post started there have been a few changes in my personal life. I have a number of responsibilities so my time is limited. I recently got ahold of Rinoa, and it took me a solid day to put 1 artifact on her, then the next it took me to about hour 21 to finish my daily quests). In the process of building a good friend list you may randomly come across some interesting people. A long while back I came across some player named SUNAWAN. Long story short SUNAWAN and I are good co op friends. If you have the ability to talk/msg other players, even better! You can coordinate strategies for reasons like: high scores, testing new characters, and "just for fun". There are currently 2 co op lobbies: Just For Fun, and Wanted: Boosted Characters. JFF is for anybody, where WBC is for the boosted (Synergy) characters, which change from event to event. WBC people can be picky about non synergy char in the lobby (stats are white, not green), so if you show up in WBC with a non boosted char you may have people point the finger sticker at you, or outright disband the party. Not everyone is picky, but now you are aware. My personal opinion about JFF/WBC is I've seen skilled players in both, and *not skilled* players in both. Boosted doesn't always = skilled, just they have boosted char. As a general statement if you show up in either lobby and end up partied with a max rank/close to max rank player, things will go well. More in the next part. (Day 1 players may laugh at me for this, but) As I mentioned earlier Don'tBeTrash explained alot about this game to me. Something that confused me for a long time was recently cleared up for me related to co ops. Don'tBeTrash was totally laughing at me and calling me Noob while I got the explanation. Too early to comment, but will get back to it.

TheMyth
8 months ago#64
Co ops pt.3: who to bring: The synergy characters have higher stats and are tailored for the fight. The synergy or in general the meta are typically going to do the best and set the highest scores, but that doesn't mean others won't work. Teams of 3 of the same i.e. 3 Layles, 3 Rems, or 3 Rinoas usually have a slightly different technique. Currently 3 Rinoas using the Angel Wing spam are setting high scores. (Slight backtrack) awhile ago DontBeTrash and I were trying to test someone out in a lobby with just us. When I tried to start the match the lobby crashed and I got called a noob lol. So this is what I was shown. Host a lobby and invite the 1 person. When they are in the lobby and the 3rd spot has your char in it, click "free recruit" above the host, hit yes, then begin match and hit yes again. We were able to play with just the 2 of us with a team of 3. Sometimes I bring some random chars to co ops, like Penelo who isn't regarded as great. What I can say from experience is if you show up with a really random like Penelo and do bad you look like an idiot, BUT if you do well people
may use stickers like "wow". People also quit lobbies when I show up as Penelo. Today I spent a few bells trying to get the solo co op thing to work. Managed to just start a match with my own team without it crashing by just hitting begin, so not 100% sure about it, but solo or 2 player co ops is possible. Although higher scores may have been set, my test of the co op thing ended up with my team of Rinoa, Cloud, Penelo with Sylph summon.
http://imgur.com/gallery/dbWUbzM
Like I said someone may have scored higher, but 706k score on Rinoas co op is the highest I've seen, and it was with the Penelo people quit lobbies because of. Learn the mechanics of your team and if you try using the outliers, make sure you know what you're doing.

TheMyth
7 months ago#65
How to change skill order: long story short should be called "how to fix out of place skill order". There are a number of arguments about why skills should be kept in "normal order". I personally agree. The default should be 15, 35, ex (based on passives). Example is Cloud. Clouds skills would be Skill 1- Cross Slash, Skill 2- Finishing Touch, Skill 3- Meteorain.

To rearrange go to Party > Character (Cloud) > Abilities. (Assuming Cloud has ex weapon)

Tap all skills to unequip. The 1st skill you tap will be E1, 2nd E2, and 3rd E3. With this order Cloud would be. E1-Cross Slash, E2- Finishing Touch, E3- Meteorain.
(edited 7 months ago)

TheMyth
6 months ago#66
Summon Board Passives: each summon board has 3 passives that can be applied to characters. They are equipped the same way as normal passives, at the cost of 2cp a piece. You select from a group of passives. If you make a wrong choice or just decide you want to switch something, all you have to do is save up enough points to rebuy from the list of passives.
(edited 6 months ago)

User Info: Pando0

Pando0
6 months ago#67
Also those summon board passives are not tied to the summon itself. Each char has its own summon board passives which once obtained will work regarless of the matching summon being equipped or not.

User Info: Mykalgaidin

Mykalgaidin
5 months ago#68
A quick note on co-op:

Having 3 of the same character is not always the best strategy. Having at least one healer is preferable, although if one of the players has WoL, you're set. During the Lulu event I had Lightning in a party with two Lulus. They got wiped 4 turns in, and I had to carry the rest of the fight solo. It's awesome when that happens, but it's only happened 3 times to me (Beatrix and Yuna were the other two); the majority of the time the whole party gets wiped.

When you get to the party screen, there's nothing wrong with taking the extra time to see what the other players are bringing and complementing their selections. It may annoy the other players, but it can pay off, especially in Cosmos quests.

TheMyth
5 months ago#69
Heretics pt.1: Heretic style matches require a decent roster to complete, which may be hard for players with newer profiles. Characters are locked out from the following missions once completed. Boosted characters aren't locked out and can be reused. To unlock the harder missions you need to get "perfect" on the missions leading up to it (Perfect means completing all mission requirements in a single pass). If your roster is small you can "reset" the mission which unlocks the characters that were used. The harder missions won't be unlocked, but you can get all the rewards (including limited time ones) this way you can get as much as possible if you can't Perfect all of the missions. As you build your roster you want to diversify the type of chars you have i.e. damage dealers [physical and magic], buffers, debuffers, batteries, healers, or chars that do multiple things. Heretic style missions challenge you and the depth of your roster.

The Abyss is still in its beta format, so I'm gonna wait for a more in depth look when the full version comes out. The Abyss is heretic style with a bit of a twist. Low level missions have requirements like "use 1 white crystal char,
1 black crystal char, 1 bow user". Next is the missions that lock out chars ( 6 levels of teams of 3= 18 chars) to unlock the final mission for the "Strata" (or floor). The Abyss is designed to test players with very deep rosters, and will be nearly impossible for a profile that has a light roster, good news is (except for limited time rewards) it's permanent, so can be beaten once there's a deep enough roster.
  1. Boards
  2. Dissidia: Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia
  3. Advice for new players: Community Effort
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A