• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dissidia: Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia
  3. Advice for new players: Community Effort

User Info: Pando0

Pando0
9 months ago#51
In most case, atk(and sometimes mbrv) are preferred.

The more the game progress, the more we get some insane buffs that is X% of Atk/Mbrv etc. At some point, adding something like 10% on a single attack is not worth being able to get 108 Atk which is then increased by 80+% in the calculation of a given skill.

Also another more obvious one is that Mighty Skill 10% only increase your fire power for a single skill. That means it doesnt work with Hp+, Brv+, your second skill and your EX. Atk/Mbrv will work with everything and scales off most of the buffs that is why it is often preferred.

As the game progress, Hp+ and Brv+ will become increasingly more important and as a consequence mighty skill will be less useful.

There is some case where Mighty can still be useful, mainly for chars that has a single atk move and few others options. An example is Tifa for now she mainly relies on Beat Rush and Battle Cry doesnt get much out of Atk(beside extra Brv). So boosting Beat Rush is decent, but in that case people still prefer Atk over it because of her EX/Brv+ being boosted as well. But it makes for a decent second/third.

Another thing to consider is that enemy will get more and more Def and HP in the future and % potency increase will be less important because of it and raw atk stat will matter even more. To simplify it, getting 10% out of 10 damage is 1 extra damage...

User Info: eoddel

eoddel
9 months ago#52
I see, thanks for answering :)

User Info: TheMyth

TheMyth
9 months ago#53
http://imgur.com/gallery/NlYzMLT

Small update on How to launch well: earlier on I explained Layle launching. Dark Cecil is a work in progress for me, and after being ex only since it's release I finally got the 15+35 passives. I've been taking him on the current Illusions co op. People are definitely confused by him. Some go very well. As I said earlier there is no exact strategy to launching. I just played a match with Setzer, brothers; Setzer, Sylph, (me) Decil, choco. Summon wise I summoned rd. 2, and luckily rd.3 Sylph was ready so we went summon to summon. When Decil launched all the Setzers did was brv attacks, into powerful red cards, then freeze joker to red card. 402k
"Everything must be Metal. Blacker than the blackest black times infinity" - Nathan Explosion
(edited 9 months ago)

TheMyth
9 months ago#54
And thanks to Pando0 for answering, I'm not always available and you answered before I even saw the question.
"Everything must be Metal. Blacker than the blackest black times infinity" - Nathan Explosion

TheMyth
9 months ago#55
Co ops pt.1: A good friends list. I use my profile as a reference because it's the only unqiue source of info I have. I'm not a day 1 player, but I did start in the 50/50 era. For me early on I found more success in building a friends list by being in co ops. You can hang out with people, get some exposure and if you do a good job people may take notice and remember you. It takes time to build a good list, and you should rank up until you list is maxed (up to 300 friends). There's alot of people I could mention, but the list would be massive, so not to devalue
anyone on my list I'm going to (mostly) list reasons people are on mine. No particular order
1. New friends from the forums
2. Long term friends
3. Long term friends who ended up being on the forums.
4. Day 1 and or max rank players
5. Random people I have no clue (possible name changes)
6. A handful of players with (sometimes VERY) low rank that have 5 turn access to my support
7. Random people who have good supports I like

(Dffoo names) DontBeTrash: Taught me to play, gave me first lecture about why I sucked at launching, explained what happened in the game before I started, and first pics of the jp version.

Vincent: Started before me, was high rank and 100% chance carried me in the very beginning. Literally one of the first random people on my list, like 1st or 2nd week of co ops early. Our most recent co op was a triple Kuja match. I hope Vincent remembers me from the early days.

There's one group that deserves special mention and I'm going to explain it as objectively as I can. There's a small group on my list that have been there for awhile, very high/max rank, always have awesome supports/artifacts, have *names that appear japanese*, and have support headlines that say (this one always made me laugh a bit it's so technical) "CP utilized for Support", or things I can't translate. My co op time with them is limited, some of them rare, but as a general statement my time playing with people who play GL and also JP version is that they are all super skilled players and cool to co op with. I'm not sure if overlooked is the right word, but they definitely deserve some credit. In short some random co ops turned into long term co op friends, or at the very least great supports for me to use.

TheMyth
9 months ago#56
I'm not sure what to say besides I hit "jff".
http://imgur.com/gallery/8uXfFza

TheMyth
8 months ago#57
A small update: Earlier I mentioned potions are available in the Dissidia shop (3 a week). The Ifrit Summon Board will be available in a few days. I don't play the jp version, so I haven't used it yet myself. Early in the game getting Ifrit to lvl 20 is the goal, and once at 20 you will be able to level up to 30. The boards will have a few things to do, but for now managing sp is the topic, as it will require alot of grinding in WOI. The sp gauge maxes at 200. Potions refill it, but also a rank up will refill it for free. Books and potions have always had value, but the summon board(s) will make them more valuable. Attempting to rank up as slow as I can for awhile puts me roughly 75 ranks below max. Aside from the gems from ranking up, and not counting potions, 75 ranks X a 200 sp gauge= 15,000 sp available for use whenever. The boards are permanent, so even if you can't beat the ifrit fight the day it comes out, prepare for it because eventually you will want to try it for rewards.

TheMyth
8 months ago#58
A small update pt. 2: Early opinion of summon boards: When I level characters up I take them crystal farming usually, sometimes use (lvl up) feathers, but I save them as much as possible. So far my theory to 1. While using 2x/3x books use potions to save time, but as a way to cut down how many I use 2. Organize team by level and use feathers to rank up just enough to regain sp seems to be working.
(Edit: I clicked on the feathers to see how much they leveled, then cancelled)
Rosa lvl 1: 2* feather= lvl 12, 3*= lvl 22, 4*= lvl 31.

Locke lvl 12: (roughly 80% leveled to 13) 2*= lvl 16, 3*= lvl 23, 4*= lvl 31

Yda lvl 35: (roughly 45% leveled to 36) five 2* to lvl 36, one 3* to 36, one 4* to lvl 38

Bartz lvl 39: (roughly 25% leveled to 40) eight 2* to lvl 40, two 3* to lvl 40, one 4* to 41.

This is to supplement potion use. Ranking up is 10 level ups, so with a lvl 1 you can use a 2* feather to level to 12, use sp, then use a 3* feather to level up to lvl 23, gaining essentially 2 potions worth of sp without using a potion.
(edited 8 months ago)

User Info: DarkJoelZx

DarkJoelZx
8 months ago#59
I Started playing A few days ago
Can any1 tell where I can get the last form of crystal so I can upgrade my vanille?
She is lvl 50 and I want to break her lvl cap

User Info: gwwak

gwwak
8 months ago#60
Tag.
Hardcore - We'll probably be modded for this...
Come visit The Range http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1003-
  1. Boards
  2. Dissidia: Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia
  3. Advice for new players: Community Effort
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A