• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dissidia: Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia
  3. Advice for new players: Community Effort

User Info: TheMyth

TheMyth
9 months ago#41
It is worth noting I'm trying to explain a game I myself still don't fully understand, and if I make a mistake corrections are appreciated.
"Everything must be Metal. Blacker than the blackest black times infinity" - Nathan Explosion

TheMyth
9 months ago#42
Targeting pt.1: Targeting is the topic, but another brief topic first. Carry runs: Although I'm going to explain a lvl. 100 the same techniques can be used early on. "Carrying" is when a char is still "weak", and there's 2 types of carries. 1. Co op 2. Solo. #1. Early in the game in co ops you may be the one being carried. If you run into this situation and two skilled players carry you: first since there's rewards, do your best, but enjoy the match because you just got some easy rewards. Second (IF they're good players) watch the choices they make. #2. Solo: The importance of carry runs early: Armor tokens! The Lost Chapters (LC) are a good place to get them early on. Once you complete normal mode it unlocks hard mode.
"Everything must be Metal. Blacker than the blackest black times infinity" - Nathan Explosion

TheMyth
9 months ago#43
Targeting pt.2: A quick check shows Snows lvl 60 LC (hard mode) as the first LC I found that had lvl 4 crystals as rewards. From that point on, Krile seemed to be missing them, but LCs afterwards had lvl 4 crystals. So lvl 4 crystals and armor tokens can be aquired. The goal of carry runs here is to get one thing: the mission goal of "HAVE SNOW IN THE PARTY". Not high scores or anything else. If you have the char in the party and you can COMPLETE the match even better! but it can be broke down into 2 matches. The Carry Run, and the run for the rest of rewards (bring the best you can). GL is currently in the 60/60 era. Early on a couple armor tokens can make the difference to start building a team. Slightly out of order is run #2. Bring the best team and get all rewards except for having Snow (aka the "weak" char that needs to be carried) in the party. The Carry Run: if you complete everything for new LCs and get the limited time rewards it doesn't matter which order it's done in, but checking the enemy resistance page and doing the carry run first can have a "probing" effect for lack of a better way to explain it. It may take 100+ turns, but the goal is to win with the weak char on the team.
Edit: had Krile on normal mode, she has lvl.4 crystals
No Thancred LC is first I think.
(edited 9 months ago)

User Info: Pando0

Pando0
9 months ago#44
^High Shards started dropping from Thancred onward. 10 High Shard of the color of the LC featured char for each gold boss node in hard mode with a prerequisite to beat the stage with this same char in the team. So usually 50 High Shards.

Krile had her blue high shard available, maybe your hard mode wasn't toggled on ?

Also pointing out that for LC Hard Mode Carry Run, if you really can't make the carry work, since there's no score requirement, losing and using gem to resume the fight won't prevent you from getting that specific reward.

Although, its usually not worth to do so because the reward is kind of weak, the option is there.

TheMyth
9 months ago#45
Normal mode :/

TheMyth
9 months ago#46
Targeting pt.3 basics: Two main things affect choices in this topic; Targeting window, and Turn Bar/Order. The targeting window is the box above an enemy next to their hp/brv. A small list from random matches lately shows a few things in the window. The enemy window shows 1: single teammate targeted. 2: red A (self) enemy buffs itself.
3. Red ALL: Selphie casts Wall on all enemies
Alpha Wolf casts Spd Up on all enemies
4. Blue ALL: Seifer does Hp type attack on team
Laguna does Brv type attack on team
Lil Murderer casts Slowga on team
Iron Worm does Group Gravity Spin on team.
A small list, but a pattern emerges that if the ALL is red the enemy will affect enemies. The ALL is blue the enemy will affect teammates.

Turn order: Starts from right and moves left with leftmost having next turn. I tried to stick to basic hp/brv attacks to track turn order basics. 2 person team of 1.Setzer/2.Maria was used against: A. Bat B. Cactuar C. Bat. Turn order is:
1,2,A,B,C,1,A,C. 1 Brv attacks A, broken A (bat) falls to the floor and its turn is pushed to the end of the enemies next set of turns. Now
2,C,1,B,C,A,2,1. 2 hp attack kills C with C not taking a break. Now
1,B,A,2,1,B,A,2. 1 brv breaks B. Since Cactaurs don't fall down B getting broken moves it back 1 space, switching B-A to A-B (Couldn't record a+b moves, as they happened to quick for me to write). Order now:
2,1,A,B,2,1,A,B. At this point I attacked them and finished it.

User Info: Clementee

Clementee
9 months ago#47
Is it better to focus on enhancing just 1 character or is it better to focus on team building first if you are...relatively new?

I am not trying to be META tho
In need of PS4 and money to buy games.

User Info: CasualOblivion

CasualOblivion
9 months ago#48
Clementee posted...
Is it better to focus on enhancing just 1 character or is it better to focus on team building first if you are...relatively new?

I am not trying to be META tho

Your first priority should be able to get weapons and crystal level for three strong characters, and then six.
Loquiesha was the whitest Blood Elf in the Horde. DFFOO ID: Loquiesha 665752198

TheMyth
9 months ago#49
Targeting pt.4 Application: Back to carry runs real quick. I should've taken my own advice and completed this to get the limited time rewards, but it is what it is. Aurons LC lvl 100 was the only match left for a carry run and was way overdue but it's a good time to take some notes on targeting. My team was Beatrix, Lilisette, and a totally not impressive Auron. Carry runs are a slightly different strategy from normal as stated above. Using general names, not literally from turn 1.

#1.(A was dead). 2 (at max brv=kill), B (targeting 2), C (red C), 3, (?) Ally, B.
Choice: 2 kills B.
Outcome: Trash level, let C buff itself and kill B opening the turn order to team. Brv/hp attacks finished C.

2. (Didn't record name here, likely rd.3 based on skill use) Beatrix, B (has low brv, target blue-all), Lilisette.
Choice: Thunderslash, breaks enemy, moves Lili to into next turn. Lili does Sensual Dance.
Outcome: Lili batteries team, debuffs enemy. Beatrix attacked before this, so Lilis dance gained brv. Not taking a break, and next turn Beatrix is up with ex charged. Climhazzard kills enemy before its next turn.

3. Final round. 2, 1, A, B ( A+B blue all). Iron Worms do Group Gravity Spin (hp attack).
Choice: Saint Cloth, brv attack.
Outcome: (Beatrix 15cp passive does hp regen) Beatrix batteries team, 1 (Auron?) Brv attacks, so team takes no breaks, and hp regen is in effect just before Worms do hp damage.

4. End of carry run: low on skills, support and summon used. Lili uses last Sensual Dance to battery team, Beatrix uses hp++ to attack (saving last Thunderslash), 1 or 2 turns later Beatrix uses last Thunderslash, Lili uses last Whirling Edge (hp attack+battery).
Outcome: Lili battery to Beatrix Climhazzard+, another turn or 2, last Saint Cloth, batteries team. All out of skills, the two batteried teammates hp attack to finish the match.

End result: lost out on limited time rewards, but got 1000 gems for completing LC.

User Info: eoddel

eoddel
9 months ago#50
I have a question but I don't want to create another topic just for a simple one so I post it here.

Generally, for artifacts passives, what's better between "atk+108" and "mighty skill+10%"? Is there a noticeable difference if I have only 1 and not the other (like 3*atk+108 and 0*mighty skill+10% or the other way around)?
  1. Boards
  2. Dissidia: Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia
  3. Advice for new players: Community Effort
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A