• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dissidia: Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia
  3. Advice for new players: Community Effort

User Info: TheMyth

TheMyth
10 months ago#31
2 edits:

1. The above post about the LP-turn arrow is most likely related to speed mechanics.

2. Now that GL is getting eidojas a better example of artifacts:
http://imgur.com/gallery/k5hfjCO
And there is still room for improvement. The standard for what is "good" just got higher.
Edit: artifacts # 2 and 3 on the list can be switched whenever.
"Everything must be Metal. Blacker than the blackest black times infinity" - Nathan Explosion
(edited 10 months ago)

TheMyth
9 months ago#32
Playing on "Treasure Hunting" co op as Setzer I did another test of the turn order arrow. Using Red Card after roughly 15 tries I had at least 8 times the arrow was inaccurate.
"Everything must be Metal. Blacker than the blackest black times infinity" - Nathan Explosion

User Info: Pando0

Pando0
9 months ago#33
Regarding the arrow, were you disregarding the break ? The arrow can't process the break as far as I know, but turn delay and high turn rate should(idk what happens when the two occurs at the same time; would need some test with Lightning maybe as she's the worst case to predict ?)

User Info: CasualOblivion

CasualOblivion
9 months ago#34
TheMyth posted...
Playing on "Treasure Hunting" co op as Setzer I did another test of the turn order arrow. Using Red Card after roughly 15 tries I had at least 8 times the arrow was inaccurate.

Pando0 posted...
Regarding the arrow, were you disregarding the break ? The arrow can't process the break as far as I know, but turn delay and high turn rate should(idk what happens when the two occurs at the same time; would need some test with Lightning maybe as she's the worst case to predict ?)

I don’t think the turn order arrow factors in the passives Rapid Speed and/or Quick Red Card. Lightning has this problem even worse. In any case, the turn order indicator doesn’t factor in a lot of passives that increase turn rate, and when using characters who have those passives will be inaccurate a lot of the time.

In doesn’t factor in things like the enemy turn delay from Red Card either.
Loquiesha was the whitest Blood Elf in the Horde. DFFOO ID: Loquiesha 665752198
(edited 9 months ago)

TheMyth
9 months ago#35
After the enemy was broke, in just for fun lobby. Seemed to work better with 3 Setzers, but with a varied team about 40% of the time the turn order altered differently. Lightning/Setzer I played some, but didn't count how many of those matches specifically it changed. It's wierd because sometimes it works right and sometimes not.

User Info: CasualOblivion

CasualOblivion
9 months ago#36
TheMyth posted...
After the enemy was broke, in just for fun lobby. Seemed to work better with 3 Setzers, but with a varied team about 40% of the time the turn order altered differently. Lightning/Setzer I played some, but didn't count how many of those matches specifically it changed. It's wierd because sometimes it works right and sometimes not.

For Lightning, my main experience with her was back during the 50/50 era. She had so many things going on that increased her turn rate that the turn order indicator was never accurate and you had to just guess.
Loquiesha was the whitest Blood Elf in the Horde. DFFOO ID: Loquiesha 665752198

TheMyth
9 months ago#37
CasualOblivion posted...
TheMyth posted...

For Lightning, my main experience with her was back during the 50/50 era. She had so many things going on that increased her turn rate that the turn order indicator was never accurate and you had to just guess.

Ok cool. Red cards enemy turn delay may have played a factor but there was a few really wierd turns. Just tried again and they all worked right

User Info: Pando0

Pando0
9 months ago#38
On a larger scale I guess anything that is conditional can't really be processed for sure(breaks are included but also stuff like Lightning high turn rate on break) and there might be some other limitations at play.

Considering past farming test seemed to indicate that having +X% Speed modifier introduced a huge variance in turn order, I would be surprised that it can skew the arrow prediction completely.

If anything, do you had any case where you got your turn after where it was supposed to be ?

Maybe it should only be taken as a tool to say : Worst case scenario, your next turn should be here.
That wont take into account a Caius breaking you and smashing you at the other end of the turn order with Graviton either(Get Quistis'd !) or any other mild form of turn delay that could occur afterwards.

TheMyth
9 months ago#39
There was once or twice I got bumped up a second spot on the turn order. Lightning may play a factor, since non Light teams it's working better. A couple errors may have involved breaks, but for sure i saw a double bump up in turn order, so 1 extra spot from where it said. So if setzer specifically has errors, I think it's possible, even if not very often. And Caius graviton is a great example. Lightning another great example. My examples may not have been the best, but the important thing is there are variances to the arrow under certain scenarios. I also may have been too liberal with what I called inaccuracies, but beyond a doubt I was moved up farther than it said at least once.
(edited 9 months ago)

TheMyth
9 months ago#40
Lightning for sure moves up much faster than the arrow showed.
  1. Boards
  2. Dissidia: Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia
  3. Advice for new players: Community Effort
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A