• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dissidia: Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia
  3. Advice for new players: Community Effort
(message deleted)
(message deleted)

User Info: TheMyth

TheMyth
10 months ago#23
I'm having uploading problems right now with pics so I will explain this without. Sorry. Pandemonium is the best summon for launching with Layle. When launching paying attention to the turn bar is important. The optimal time is when all teammates have turns before the enemy. Sometimes things like breaks can change the turn order, but if you launch when the enemy has next turn you may not get the team to chase. I just ran a match of Eiko, Deuce, Layle, Layle friend and Pande summon. This is one of the better launch teams right now. The beginning of rd. 5 what I did was use field burst to inflict force, then swapped out Deuce for 2nd Layle and went into summon. Eiko, Layle, layle is a great battery. Every Layle turn was an energy gain and Eiko used smite. This destroyed the enemy. Every chase was a hp attack. I finished the match before Deuce came back into the party. I finished Kains LC lvl 100 with a score of 340k. I wanted to post pics, but I'm doing this all from a phone and it's being dumb. Once again I apologize for technical problems.
"Everything must be Metal. Blacker than the blackest black times infinity" - Nathan Explosion

TheMyth
10 months ago#24
Edit:
Pay attention to the equippable list. If you look closely at the list you will see the "E" change to a "S" and change back. The difference is between "Equipped" and "Support". Updates may have changed this.
"Everything must be Metal. Blacker than the blackest black times infinity" - Nathan Explosion

TheMyth
10 months ago#25
World of Illusions (WOI): Woi needs stamina to play matches. Ifrit, Shiva, Ramuh, Leviathin, Odin, Alexander, Brothers, and Pandemonium are permanent and can be accessed at anytime to level up summons. The Radiant Artifacts: 2 types to these, black/ yellow/ white; and red/ blue/ green are permanently open. The second type is the temporary Radiant Artifact areas. These are only open for a few days so complete them before they're over since the gems will disappear. Ifrit will be changing soon and needs to be at lvl 20 for the change.

TheMyth
10 months ago#26
The Lost Chapters (LC): This is where you pick up new chars to add to your team. Completing normal mode unlocks hard, where you can earn extra armor tokens, lvl4 crystals, and gems.

TheMyth
10 months ago#27
How to improve scores: the most basic formula for scores is to 1. cause as much damage in 2. the least number of turns while 3. Not taking breaks and 4. (When possible) Healing hp lost by the end of the fight. Higher damage turns like Overkills help. Using chase/ pop up icon and summons will count for less turns. Lower turn count the better.
(edited 10 months ago)

TheMyth
10 months ago#28
Things to hold and press (long press-LP):
When you pick a match you go to a screen called "party". You can LP your own team to see stats and passive "Details". The details show all passives equipped including artifacts. Next to that are tabs labeled "mission/scores/enemies". Check mission/score to make sure you have everything (after you've beat the mission at least once). The "enemies" tab is important, you can LP the enemies to look at their stats. The element section shows the different elements and the resistance/weakness level. A red triangle= resist, blue=weakness, and a + sign= absorb. "Attacks" section shows melee, ranged, and magic type attacks and resistance/weakness to them. The list of enemy attacks is also on this page.
How to run 2 or 1 person teams: If you want the extra challenge, the solo or 2 person team needs to be in slots 1 and 2. Assuming a solo team select the char in slot 3 as you would swap out for a different char; but drag them above to the tab labeled "Support Items" and drop. They will be removed from the party. Repeat for slot 2.

TheMyth
10 months ago#29
LP pt.2: The next screen after party is "support". You can LP to see the same stats/details on the support char.
In The Match:
LP the enemy to bring up a screen that shows: name, level, and brv/hp stats. A list of status effects is listed below. LP your own team will have the same effect to show your stats.
The Support icon: ( my opinion: if checking this is important, it should have been done before the match started, as stated above) LP the support icon to bring up the stat/details IN GAME.

TheMyth
10 months ago#30
LP pt.3: When you LP skills for the current char it will show 2 things
1. A description of what the skill does.
2. Above the turn bar an arrow will appear.

To describe #2: (the arrow)
A. I don't fully understand it, but apparently it predicts IF you choose that skill how your order in the turn count will go.
B. In my experience, win or lose, I don't think this would've made the difference. Experience and intuition from playing may be better.
C. Nobody that I've seen that make posts have said it helped them.
D. The only time I've seen a post about it (somewhere else) is that THE ARROW DOESN'T TAKE ALL GAME VARIABLES INTO ACCOUNT making it inaccurate.
E. I don't use the arrow, and can't fully confirm or deny "D".
F. I made one try today, the arrow doesn't account for Squall using Renzo+. It showed where he would show in the turn order, but didn't account for him wiping out the entire level of trash enemies.
G. I tried all of this in solo. I never use this in co ops, but I assume it works the same.
(edited 10 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Dissidia: Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia
  3. Advice for new players: Community Effort
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A