• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dissidia: Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia
  3. Advice for new players: Community Effort

User Info: TheMyth

TheMyth
10 months ago#11
At the very least the daily missions should be done. Among other things 5 matches a day will get 100 gems and 150 Dissidia Points (dp). Which makes a weekly total of 700 gems, and 1,050 dp. At the home screen the dp exchange can be accessed. THE HIGHEST PRIORITY in this is once a week (monday 08:00 UTC) for 900 dp you can buy a power stone. The weekly power stone is the most important by far. Typically I save dp through the week and on Sunday spend whatever I have, making sure I have 900 left for Monday. Early on what to spend dp on? There's a few choices. Potions-50dp, cycle quest keys-100dp, gil-50dp, 2 types of power/guard orbs for 25/50dp. I personally would skip the orbs and gil; these can be found playing in multiple areas like Story mode, and World of Illusions (WOI). As for resources that leaves potions and cycle keys. Stickers cost around 500dp. Stickers aren't needed, but if you like playing co ops, they can make for some interesting matches. Resource management. (RM) is critical. I don't use keys/books alot for that reason. For me early on (co ops are my favorite part) the extra dp went to stickers, always with the weekly p. stone in mind. Not very practical but with good RM works. Those extra points can be used for keys/potions if needed.
"Everything must be Metal. Blacker than the blackest black times infinity" - Nathan Explosion

TheMyth
10 months ago#12
Rank is determined by number of char levels you've leveled up. *I think* it's 1 rank per 10 levels (or something close). There are alot of high rank players who are great, but don't assume a high rank = high skill. It means they have alot of chars leveled up. I've seen players ranked higher than me make really bad choices in co op. As I said before if you want extra sp without using a potion, rank up and it resets. Besides some gem rewards ranking up does a couple things. 1. Your sp gauge gets bigger to a max of 200sp. It's been awhile so I don't know what rank it maxes out at. 2. Your friends list increases to a max of 500. An example is mine, currently 300 friends, 0 I'm following, and 152/200 followers. How far should you level up? Depends on who you ask. As more chars are added the max rank goes up. Some people like to keep all chars maxed and have max rank. Right now I'm at 440 which leaves me about 70 ranks from max. I could take the time to max out at any time, but I don't for mainly 1 reason: it's not much, but those ranks = gems that if I'm really in need can go get whenever. It's not alot but if I'm short 200 gems from making a pull I can get them easily. I would say rank up until your sp gauge and friends list is maxed, then it's up to you.
"Everything must be Metal. Blacker than the blackest black times infinity" - Nathan Explosion

TheMyth
10 months ago#13
Disclaimer: any pics or references to chars are for example. This page isn't for team building. I'll present examples of how the game works as I understand it. Reasearch any investments into banners.

TheMyth
10 months ago#14
What artifacts to look for? That is a really complicated question. It depends on the char, but orange is the color you're looking for. ** is good but research into how a char works is needed. I'll show an example. It is worth noting the cp cost is always a factor. 12+8+8=28. 5+5+5 is possible. Artifacts is a total grind, but ironically I got these easier than my A teams artifacts (comparably which may not be as good).
https://imgtc.com/i/Ko2t6Vy.png
(edited 10 months ago)

User Info: Puniard

Puniard
10 months ago#15
Quick tip: you can target a team member before you use an ability on them to skip the character window selection.

For example, when using Sazh's Attack Boost, instead of selecting the ability, having the three character windows come up and then choosing who you want to use it on. Click on who you want to use the ability on first, then use that abilty. I discovered this by accident months after I started this game.
"Well, we will see if there is iron in your words." - Vulcan Raven, Metal Gear Solid.

User Info: unknownrpg

unknownrpg
10 months ago#16
Adding to ability usage -

If you hold down the command (i.e. ability/brv/etc) you can see when your next move is. This is a nice feature to plan attacks to avoid necessary breaks and to maximize turn rate.

Edit: Oh and don't forget to change your support
(edited 10 months ago)

TheMyth
10 months ago#17
How to mlb a char and make then strong: although some char you can get by without the passive from the 15, this is how it works. Each weapon needs 3 limit breaks and orbs to reach max level and max limit break. It takes 12 power stones, or 3 dupilcates to mlb. A passive is added. Once the 15 is mlb you sell it. You will get 4 power stones. You DON'T lose the passive from the 15. Next you mlb the 35 until you get that passive. If you have the ex, once the 35 is mlb and you have that passive too, you sell the 35 for 4 power stones and mlb the ex weapon. "Active affinity ability" means that passive is from the weapon/armor you have equipped and doesn't cost cp, where the passives from the 15 and/or 35 now need cp to equip, but they aren't lost. 60/60 for level and crystal strength. Then grind away on artifacts until you have good ones.

TheMyth
10 months ago#18
(Technical problems today)
This is what it will look like with weapon passives added correctly
http://imgur.com/gallery/IxkMbf6

TheMyth
10 months ago#19
Character Support: there are 2 parts to char support (friend), the support for your profile and the Friend you take into battle. Updating your support is important. To update your support go to the home screen. Second from the top is an icon shaped like a gear/cog, select it. Select "user data". "Change Support" and "Edit Messages" will show up, these are important. With Change Support you can pick any of your chars to be your profiles support others can use. Set the best char you have, as this will help others. This is a unique menu. Pay attention to the equippable list. If you look closely at the list you will see the "E" change to a "S" and change back. The difference is between "Equipped" and "Support". "Edit Messages" gives you the option to leave a sentence/message in your support chars icon for others to read. The other type of support is the one you choose when you go into battle. In a general sense; the harder the match, the more important picking a good support is. Team building is another topic, but try and get people as friends, in battle this will give you 5 turns instead of 3. Early in the game strong friends will help, since you can bring them into the battle and use them to do damage. Since friends have limited use make good choices with their turns. A basic, but good example is if you choose a strong attacker as support you want to use their turns to attack! Supports have different uses and limited turns so try to maximize their use.

TheMyth
10 months ago#20
What is a battery? A battery is someone who grants brv to someone else so they can attack with (hopefully) max brv. I'm gonna write this one slightly out of order since the meta will be changing soon. How to launch well: knockback (launching) is a complex formula and Layle is the best example. Every enemy has what's called a "Chase Value". CV is a hidden game mechanic. Basically the goal is to reach 0 to launch an enemy. Layle has a skill called Field Burst that inflicts "force" which cuts the CV in half; so an enemy with 40cv now has 20cv. Layles "energy gain" gives a % based brv battery to the team, and (hopefully) lowers the enemy cv to 0. The enemy will be launched into the air, and the team can "chase" after them to attack. Turns made in chase don't count towards the matches turn count. There are a few outcomes from energy gain.
1. (Best case) the enemy is launched and the other 2 teammates have a chance to attack/brv attack while the enemy is in the air. As a general rule hp attack is the way to go because if you're at 50% Mbrv, you brv attack to 100%, then (out of chase) next turn attack, that = 100% damage. Same scenario except you hp attack at 50%, then next turn use a skill that causes 70%, that =120% damage for the same number of turns. Alternatively there's times the brv attack in chase is a better choice. There's no exact strategy that works every time. Another outcome is a launch , due to the turn order the team gets batteried, but 1 or 0 teammates can chase the enemy into launch and attack.
2. Launch failure: The cv hasn't reached 0 yet. Most likely the cv is very close to 0. Sometimes as soon as the next attack an icon can appear in front of the enemy. It looks like an explosion with a curved arrow going up. The "pop up icon" is very important. It means that an attack is going to launch the enemy. Even the most basic attack will cause a launch. It seems to disappear if you don't interact with it on that turn, so chances are good, if you see it, hit it. More on launching in pt. 2.
http://imgur.com/gallery/BXVsvxJ
  1. Boards
  2. Dissidia: Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia
  3. Advice for new players: Community Effort
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A