• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dissidia: Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia
  3. Advice for new players: Community Effort

User Info: CasualOblivion

CasualOblivion
10 months ago#1
The begginer tips thread sticky is currently out of date. It has been asked that a new one be made. That sounds like too big a job, so it was proposed that a thread be started so multiple people can contribute in smaller pieces so its not too much work for one person.

Any advice for new players would be appreciated, hopefully we can put together a good thread here and replace the sticky.
Loquiesha was the whitest Blood Elf in the Horde.

User Info: CasualOblivion

CasualOblivion
10 months ago#2
I’ll start:

An Introduction To the Game and a Decision To Be Made

This is a gacha fanservice game. It lets you play as your favorite Final Fantasy heroes all on the same team. This is a free to play gacha game. There is a premium currency in this game called gems which is required to get better weapons for your characters to be able to win fights in the game. This game is pretty generous with its premium currency, but more can be bought for real world money. This game is purely player vs enemy. Most of the game can be played solo, but there are co-op events with other players. There is no PvP. Like many gacha games, this game has continuous power creep. As time passes, new weapons and characters are more powerful than previous ones. This produces what we on this forum call the meta. The meta changes over time, characters who were good become less so and new characters or reworked characters become the new meta. The meta in this game moves fast, a given character will only spend a couple of months on top, maybe less. Many characters have fallen from the meta and come back later with a rework, and most of the roster ends up useful at some point or another(though some characters have never been good).

The decision to be made as a new player is whether you want to try to focus on playing the game and trying to beat everything, or whether you want to play casually focusing on your favorites and not worry so much about completing everything and getting all rewards. If you want to complete everything, the good news is that the game is generous and since the meta moves so fast starting out fresh isn’t as big a handicap as you’d think. Permanently available content can give you a lot of gems, possibly over 100k at this point, though it may take many hours and days of grinding to unlock them all. You can’t beat everything with just a team of three characters, you need to build a bigger roster, I’d recommend aiming for six strong characters so you can adapt to different battles. In order to clear everything, you need to learn the game and chase the meta, to build the specific characters who are best right now at beating everything. It will take time to catch up and build a roster that can handle everything, but if you use your gems intelligently and educate yourself you will catch up within a few months and you’ll be clearing everything. If you want to learn the game and who to pull weapons for, just ask this forum. Most of us here are happy to give advice, and since this game started in Japan and the Japanese version is 10 months ahead, we know what’s coming up and can help you into the future. The alternative is to not worry about the meta or clearing everything, and just play how you like and who you like. The emphasis here is on not worrying about clearing everything, because if you ignore the meta you won’t. This is true even for us long term hardcore players. The meta never stops, we have to keep chasing it to keep clearing things. If you can be ok with that, you can play how you want and enjoy the game. The only other option would be to find someplace in between, to have a balance of playing the meta and playing casually. Some people on this forum do that.

Your Basic Goal

The best way to clear stages in this game is to build a team of maxed characters. To max a character you want to get them to level 60 for both character level and crystal level, and to get their 15CP, 35CP, and if available EX weapon and fully max all three out(just one is not enough). You also want their armor maxed and decent artifacts, but those are smaller considerations. For a maxed team you want to get some “friends” by making friends with other accounts so you can borrow their hero for 5 turns instead of 3. You also want to get some level 20 summons: Ifrit and Brothers are the ones you should focus on first.
Loquiesha was the whitest Blood Elf in the Horde.

User Info: Heimdallgc

Heimdallgc
10 months ago#3
Everyone should report the old sticky so it gets removed

User Info: TheMyth

TheMyth
10 months ago#4
To any new players on the forum, you are way ahead of the curve compared to me in the beginning. I have one friend irl that helped me, but other than that I learned through trial and error. The game can be confusing at first. Some things to help early on: Resource management is important! Gems, tickets, potions, armor tokens, weapon tokens, crystals, etc. Later it becomes easier to get some items. Lvl.4 crystals are NOT farmable and can be obtained through a number of ways; co op token exchange, limited time events and giveaways. Weapon tokens are very slow to get for anyone and should be saved when possible. A good use for them is if you get an EX weapon, but not the 35. Buying a 35 to mlb to get the "affinity" passive, once the passive is aquired you can sell the 35 for 4 power stones to use to limit break the ex. Armor CANNOT be sold for power stones. Armor tokens can be found in the co op exchange and LC (lost chapter) events on hard mode. Early on this is tricky, but going through each LC and beating the lvl60 will get a couple armor tokens from each. (Early on this is how I did it). Potions are used to regain SP for World of illusions. At lower ranks if you are saving potions you can level characters up until you Rank up. This will refill the sp without a potion. Banners: which banners to pull is dependant on A. If you want favorites, or B. Meta. What I do is find a banner that is a good investment and pull a few times. I personally have pulled 6x and that's about my limit, but 15x pulls will give you enough G tokens to buy an ex off a banner. Early on resource management is very important. A mistake on my part early when the lvl4 crystals came out put me behind on black for awhile, since most of the characters I ended up needed black somehow that mistake stayed with me for awhile.
"Everything must be Metal. Blacker than the blackest black times infinity" - Nathan Explosion
(edited 10 months ago)

TheMyth
10 months ago#5
From @HatchetRyda

1. How to Awaken a Character?
(A) You need 5 high shards to awaken to 51 a total of 250 high shards I believe to get to 60. Plus other shards that are farmable.
2. How do I get High Shards?
(A) Rewards from events
3. Is it worth investing in "????" Character?
(A) Probably unless its Irvine or Yuffie
4. How Long from an Event Does the LC show up?
(A) Can't answer this.
5. What's a 15, 35, and 70 cp and do I need them all?
(A) the total point value of the starting weapon before it's limit broken. The higher the CP the more passives you can equip. (A.5)preferably yes
6. Can I sell my Weapons for Stones and how many?
(A) only gold weapons and 1 for single weapon 4 if its fully maxed
7. If I sell my Weapon can I keep the passive?
(A) only if its fully maxed with blue background
8. What are artifacts?
(A) Artifacts are the bane of this game and farming for the right one will haunt your dreams.
9. What are good artifact passives for "????" Character?
(A) Situational
10. How long does it take to get good artifact passives?
(A) Infinity and Beyond.
This is just off the top of my head. I'm sure there is more
"Everything must be Metal. Blacker than the blackest black times infinity" - Nathan Explosion

TheMyth
10 months ago#6
Quick count on lvl4 crystals for 51-60
5+10+15+20+25+30+35+40+45+50= 275

User Info: SleepingKnight

SleepingKnight
10 months ago#7
Don't try to get every EX weapon that comes out, check forums, watch videos, ask for opinions to see if that EX is worth or not. Do not spend without thinking.
And most importantly, pull for favorites and have fun!
Plant a house & build a tree

User Info: unknownrpg

unknownrpg
10 months ago#8
SleepingKnight posted...
Don't try to get every EX weapon that comes out, check forums, watch videos, ask for opinions to see if that EX is worth or not. Do not spend without thinking.

Also reporting bias is a thing. RNG is RNG

User Info: Crazy_Talk

Crazy_Talk
10 months ago#9
unknownrpg posted...
SleepingKnight posted...

Also reporting bias is a thing. RNG is RNG

I'd do no more than 50 tickets if you really want an EX but need to save more tickets and gems for something greater. I'm saving the rest of my tickets for Kuja (unless the Mystery EX is something great) as I'd love to have his EX alongside Quistis, Lenna, and Rinoa.
Hope for the best, but expect nothing

TheMyth
10 months ago#10
Some more advice:
Gil is an in game currency used to limit break items like weapons, armor, and artifacts.
How to equip artifacts: select a character in the party menu. Select "passive abilities". Select "passive abilities (artifacts)". Equip artifacts. CP points are needed to equip artifacts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dissidia: Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia
  3. Advice for new players: Community Effort
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A