• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dissidia: Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia
  3. I wonder how launch will fair..

User Info: Bigmenace

Bigmenace
1 month ago#1
We are almost to duece event which is where i started in jp. I struggled for a while but managed to ususlly complete with synergy characters. Besides agrias and another ex.
I had no idea of launch meta and missed caith selphie layle team at that time.

I am just curious were they good when events started getting harder? My main clearing team for everything was maria palom locke up until golbez and barret events, due to having each ex weapons, 2 were healers with overflow and buffers plus all did aoe damage. I just wonder will some of the harder stages give me less frustration this go round with launch meta?

User Info: Puniard

Puniard
1 month ago#2
From what I hear the score requirements were/are higher in JP. So I'd say it'll be easier for us all on global.
"Well, we will see if there is iron in your words." - Vulcan Raven, Metal Gear Solid.

User Info: Bigmenace

Bigmenace
1 month ago#3
Puniard posted...
From what I hear the score requirements were/are higher in JP. So I'd say it'll be easier for us all on global.

I hope they dont spike the hp on some double bosses they were a pain already in jp on some lost chapters. I really dont remember score requirements being an issue it was simply completing with no one dying the harder stages.

User Info: Villainous

Villainous
1 month ago#4
Bigmenace posted...
Puniard posted...

I hope they dont spike the hp on some double bosses they were a pain already in jp on some lost chapters. I really dont remember score requirements being an issue it was simply completing with no one dying the harder stages.

They have consistently nerfed score relative to JP, but I haven't seen a whole lot of changes to HP values. Fang's bosses were pretty meaty.

Deuce will likely be frustrating to people who aren't running full synergy since they're very fast, making launch harder to set up outside of summon. That said, I don't remember them being as annoying as Fang's with the self buffs and crippling debuffs, but I'd have to look up their stuff to confirm.

Edit: Just checked, and they DO have some annoying self buffs. They also resist and counter all melee attacks. So yeah, this will be aggravating for a lot of people.
FC: 2767-2257-8691
Final Fantasy Explorers

User Info: Krentaris

Krentaris
1 month ago#5
As far as I know none of the bosses were changed stats or mechanics wise. Only target scores were altered.

Will probably give it two runs through, one with the launch team and one with a damaging team. We have Beatrix at this point so she's another strong magic damage option.

The main point of consideration for me will be just how much the counters dick over Cait's BRV+ attacks. If it's really bad I may just need to use Deuce or Selphie.
"Perfectionism becomes desirable when it stimulates the healthy pursuit of excellence."

Puniard
1 month ago#6
Villainous posted...

Edit: Just checked, and they DO have some annoying self buffs. They also resist and counter all melee attacks. So yeah, this will be aggravating for a lot of people.

Not me! I love tough missions and so forth. Back in the day, before games starting wiping the players ass for them (Assassins Creed for example), if you died or failed somehow, you didn't just respawn right were you died with no penalty, you would be back at the start of the level or you would lose your weapon or something.

Which made gamers use their brain to figure stuff out or increase thier skills or whatever. So I'm all for these tougher missions, in fact I wish they would start giving us harder content in this game.
"Well, we will see if there is iron in your words." - Vulcan Raven, Metal Gear Solid.

User Info: Villainous

Villainous
1 month ago#7
Puniard posted...
Villainous posted...

Not me! I love tough missions and so forth. Back in the day, before games starting wiping the players ass for them (Assassins Creed for example), if you died or failed somehow, you didn't just respawn right were you died with no penalty, you would be back at the start of the level or you would lose your weapon or something.

Which made gamers use their brain to figure stuff out or increase thier skills or whatever. So I'm all for these tougher missions, in fact I wish they would start giving us harder content in this game.

I agree with games and content where everyone has access to the same tools. Not the case with gacha, tho.

You simply can't full clear content with just anyone.
FC: 2767-2257-8691
Final Fantasy Explorers

Puniard
1 month ago#8
Good point. This is my first gacha game so I'm still learning how these types of games work.

User Info: Krio Lv3

Krio Lv3
1 month ago#9
So Deuce is essentially like Cait Sith but Magic based?
3DS FC (For Pokemon Mainly): 3582 - 9560 - 3048

User Info: TitanOxide

TitanOxide
1 month ago#10
Krio Lv3 posted...
So Deuce is essentially like Cait Sith but Magic based?

That's what I hear. I haven't seen a breakdown of her/his skills and I'm honestly too lazy to go through Safeena to root out their rework and what we would be getting in GL.
Where's the irony button when you need it.....
  1. Boards
  2. Dissidia: Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia
  3. I wonder how launch will fair..
  • Topic Archived