• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dissidia: Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia
  3. JP's 2nd year anniversary info summary

User Info: Matt123

Matt123
3 months ago#1
Some of the info from SE's Japanese youtube channel, translated for the bros of this board.

You will be able to evolve current EX weapons with (several of) an event item (most likely event reward). Evolved weapons will be 100 CP at LB0
EX weapon evolution's will open up at a rate of about 10 per month (meaning 10 characters' EX weapons will be available to be evolved per month)
There will be a new level of power orb (EX power orbs, that give the EXP of approx. 50x of our current highest weapon upgrade orb) because max weapon lvl will be much higher now. They will only be available through events.

There will also be evolution for armor, which make them 130 CP from LB0. EX armor upgrading orbs as well. All character's armor will be able to evolve from the start.

We will be able to earn enough event items to evolve about 2 weapons and 2 armors per month (yikes).
We will need an event item to LB evolved weapons, meaning our current power pieces cannot be used on them.

MLB evolved EX weapons start out as 6* and are max 7* (with a cool purple frame instead of blue). Once evolved, all previous LB's will disappear (start over from 0LB)
An evolved EX weapon is stronger than a MLB unevolved EX.

The evolved weapon gains a new passive from LB0 (ex. Cloud's meteorain gets brave overflow) and gets even more with LBing (ex. Cloud's Mako, which you normally get after using meteorain, will be on him from the beginning, increases in brave overflow, and higher damage).

MLBing an Evolved EX weapon will give you a new item called a Bonus Sphere. Each EX weapon has a different sphere that will give a different effect (a reason to MLB several evolved EX weapons?)
Characters will be able to equip these spheres in one of 3 slots (Designated A, D, and E on the character's equipment screen). Cloud's Force Eater will give an A orb that raises critical damage by 10%. These orbs are used up once equipped on a character (you do not have to necessarily use the character's orb on the character themself). Equipping another sphere on the same slot seems to overwrite the old one (don't think you get the old one back, but I'm not 100% sure).

They may make ways to get these spheres without needing to MLB evolved EX's, but even if they do, it's not in the immediate future.

This post is getting long so I'll continue on another one.

User Info: Snorlax_exlax

Snorlax_exlax
3 months ago#2
thanks homie
[JP] Dissidia OO ID - https://i.imgtc.com/23dflvG.png
Dissidia OO ID - https://i.imgtc.com/C7A4RoV.png

Matt123
3 months ago#3
All characters will start off with an A and D slot, but to open the E slot for the character, you need to MLB + max lvl their evolved armor.

First characters open for EX evolution are Cloud and Vincent because it's VII's birthday on Jan 31'st (Vincent will get his EX weapon on this date), then Tidus and Fang a week later.

Cloud getting his AC skin. They are including a copy of Cloud's NT Buster Sword that originally came with the NT code.

They're giving away an evolution set for free (1 weapon evolution book, 1 armor evolution book, some of the new upgrade orbs).

New difficulty level past COSMOS called CHAOS (lvl 180). There will be a new type of event where you can only use a character once like our Heretic Quests, but you will not be allowed to use Friends and no characters will be boosted. This will be in a Beta phase and may be modified depending on how many people are actually able to clear it (lol).

EX weapon evolution items will be rewards from the COSMOS difficulty, and items to LB them will be rewards from CHAOS. They are implying you'll need evolved EX's to clear CHAOS.
Previous rewards that you would normally get for clearing COSMOS will still be received (ex. 1000 gems).

We will now get 20 "Gacha medals" every time we pull a 10 + 1. These can be exchanged for EX weapons (300 medals), power pieces (100 medals), and EX evolution items (200 medals). Gacha medals can only be used on the banner you pulled on; you cannot save them up for other banners. This is pretty much a pity system for those who really strike out. 15 10+1's will be guaranteed to give you the EX you want.

New player event, can pull a banner with Cloud, Lightning, and Squall's EX weapons no matter when you start, but it only lasts for 7 days after you begin. Also, If you get at least a 35CP from a gacha pull, you will not need to unlock that character through the story; they will automatically be unlocked.

WoI weapons will be added to the power medal weapon shop.

11 banners with free first 10+1 pulls throughout February

Garland, Ultimicia both in Feb.

1000 gems a day for 7 days.

High shards, high crystals, power/guard medals as daily rewards.
Gem sales that reset once a week.

Cycle quest rewards x 2
WoL Carbuncle
Support item sale
Special event where 20 randomly selected people get all the gems they use refunded (up to 100k gems) every week for 5 weeks.

And that's it

User Info: Snorlax_exlax

Snorlax_exlax
3 months ago#4
Matt123 posted...
Vincent will get his EX weapon on this date

Oh!

@NoBammas
[JP] Dissidia OO ID - https://i.imgtc.com/23dflvG.png
Dissidia OO ID - https://i.imgtc.com/C7A4RoV.png

User Info: Sir Will

Sir Will
3 months ago#5
Matt123 posted...
There will be a new level of power orb (EX power orbs, that give the EXP of approx. 50x of our current highest weapon upgrade orb) because max weapon lvl will be much higher now. They will only be available through events.

Well that's insane....

Matt123 posted...
We will be able to earn enough event items to evolve about 2 weapons and 2 armors per month (yikes).

-_- See previous comment.... More gating and more stuff to put new players further behind.

Matt123 posted...
These orbs are used up once equipped on a character

Ugh....

Matt123 posted...
New difficulty level past COSMOS called CHAOS (lvl 180). There will be a new type of event where you can only use a character once like our Heretic Quests, but you will not be allowed to use Friends and no characters will be boosted. This will be in a Beta phase and may be modified depending on how many people are actually able to clear it (lol).

JFC. Aren't COSMOS still kinda hard? And require EXs. And they're making a heretic out of it. Where you can't reuse characters at all. And no friend summon! With a difficulty even higher than COSMOS (and maybe it's just me but those heretics seem a little overtuned for their level as it is). Holy s***.

Not a JP player so I can't accurately judge on power there but... sheesh.

Matt123 posted...
EX weapon evolution items will be rewards from the COSMOS difficulty, and items to LB them will be rewards from CHAOS. They are implying you'll need evolved EX's to clear CHAOS.

JFC...

Matt123 posted...
We will now get 20 "Gacha medals" every time we pull a 10 + 1. These can be exchanged for EX weapons (300 medals), power pieces (100 medals), and EX evolution items (200 medals). Gacha medals can only be used on the banner you pulled on; you cannot save them up for other banners. This is pretty much a pity system for those who really strike out. 15 10+1's will be guaranteed to give you the EX you want.

That helps but.... What is the EX rate in JP? Is it still 0.5%?
River Song: Well, I was off to this gay gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled when I thought 'Gosh, the Third Reich's a bit rubbish, I think i'll kill the Fuhrer'

Matt123
3 months ago#6
Yes, 0.5 for each EX weapon like it is here on the 10.
Tickets don't get you anything. Still wish they'd make a "pull 10 tickets at a time" option, even without the boost.

User Info: Sir Will

Sir Will
3 months ago#7
So more EXs on a banner the higher the chances of an EX? 2 EX per banner should be standard by now. The weekly banners still 15+35 only?
River Song: Well, I was off to this gay gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled when I thought 'Gosh, the Third Reich's a bit rubbish, I think i'll kill the Fuhrer'

Matt123
3 months ago#8
Sir Will posted...
So more EXs on a banner the higher the chances of an EX? 2 EX per banner should be standard by now. The weekly banners still 15+35 only?

Yes, the game's producer commented on the new player's banner having a 15% chance of pulling an EX weapon on the guaranteed 5* of the 10+1 because it had 3 EX's and each EX has a 5% chance of being pulled.

User Info: NoBammas

NoBammas
3 months ago#9
Snorlax_exlax posted...
Matt123 posted...
Vincent will get his EX weapon on this date

Oh!

@NoBammas

You are the man
PSN: NoBammas
DFFOO: 150851678

Matt123
3 months ago#10
I'm hearing some noise that orb slots for B and C exist as well. What letter you have depends on the character, Squall apparently has AAA.
I originally thought the slot belonged to the character, but it may actually belong to the equip you put on them (not 100% sure about this).
  1. Boards
  2. Dissidia: Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia
  3. JP's 2nd year anniversary info summary
  • Topic Archived