• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dissidia: Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia
  3. Support/Launch meta hasn't happened yet...

User Info: CasualOblivion

CasualOblivion
2 months ago#1
I’m starting to get a little confused here. Support/Launch meta was hyped coming out of JP. We’ve gotten some of the events from it and a lot of the characters who featured in it. It should be here by now, but it’s not. Our meta continues to be dominated by fast DPS, and it has only gotten moreso as opposed to transitioning into support/launch meta.

As I said in my opening statement above, I’m confused.
Loquiesha was the whitest Blood Elf in the Horde.

User Info: cityyankee24

cityyankee24
2 months ago#2
Score requirements for all rewards aren't as ridiculous as they were in JP? I though that was the main driver for that meta.
Don't mind me, just making contact
|(-_-)__

CasualOblivion
2 months ago#3
cityyankee24 posted...
Score requirements for all rewards aren't as ridiculous as they were in JP? I though that was the main driver for that meta.

The other half was that the fights were long, drawn out slugfests against enemies with high defense that were difficult to generate BRV from. What we have are fights that are over in less than 40 turns where people like Squall and Noctis are shredding enemies without necessarily outside Atk buffs.

User Info: AuraBurqa

AuraBurqa
2 months ago#4
Pretty sure the best clears atm use Selphie + Decil.

The biggest issue is the timeline. Layle's awakening was closer to Selphie and Cait Sith, but we are behind on awakening waves in terms of the event timeline, so these awesome supports are coming out well before their launch king partner (aka Layle). But don't doubt Decil + Selphie right now. They make a great combo.
Opera Omnia ID [Aura]: 967686279 (Squall 60/60 + MLB 15/35cp, daily farming)

CasualOblivion
2 months ago#5
AuraBurqa posted...

The biggest issue is the timeline. Layle's awakening was closer to Selphie and Cait Sith, but we are behind on awakening waves in terms of the event timeline, so these awesome supports are coming out well before their launch king partner (aka Layle). But don't doubt Decil + Selphie right now. They make a great combo.

The highest scores I’ve seen have been teams with Decil, for sure, but those scores are generally overkill. Selphie + Squall/Terra/Noctis is destroying score goals without launching.

User Info: cityyankee24

cityyankee24
2 months ago#6
Yes, that too. Most of my best scores involve Selphie + decked out Cecil at the moment. I think the launch strategy can be implemented fine now, but it's not really a stand out because our fights are tame.
Don't mind me, just making contact
|(-_-)__

User Info: Krentaris

Krentaris
2 months ago#7
Layle awakening is delayed relative to JP, Cait Sith is not here yet (50% MBRV battery in Bahamut is nuts) and Decil does not appear to be as prevalent as a friend unit. Plus without that sweet battery he's not as useful.

Score requirements are also drastically lowered; Gilgamesh's was 200k. It's still possible to meet that with sheer damage even, just very difficult. You say we're not in a support meta but I've yet to come across a team that Selphie doesn't dramatically improve, and Ashe is about as good for heavy burst comps.

That said I'm very impressed with Squall so far. Not only does he have significant damage output (as strong as they strongest single target DPS, other than Vaan, plus he works with Bahamut) but he's half as strong again vs. multiple targets, it's silly.

I am waiting to see when enemy HP pools explode and sustained damage becomes more important. Maybe I can dust off Tidus then too.
"Perfectionism becomes desirable when it stimulates the healthy pursuit of excellence."

User Info: AuraBurqa

AuraBurqa
2 months ago#8
CasualOblivion posted...
AuraBurqa posted...

The highest scores I’ve seen have been teams with Decil, for sure, but those scores are generally overkill. Selphie + Squall/Terra/Noctis is destroying score goals without launching.

Yeah, that's mostly thanks to them nerfing the enemies for us. If they remained like JP, launch would seem a lot more important, even now.
Opera Omnia ID [Aura]: 967686279 (Squall 60/60 + MLB 15/35cp, daily farming)

User Info: Krentaris

Krentaris
2 months ago#9
AuraBurqa posted...
CasualOblivion posted...
AuraBurqa posted...

Yeah, that's mostly thanks to them nerfing the enemies for us. If they remained like JP, launch would seem a lot more important, even now.

Based on videos I've seen from around this time period in JP, neither the Gilgamesh EX nor the current heretics have been nerfed statwise. Only the score requirement was.
"Perfectionism becomes desirable when it stimulates the healthy pursuit of excellence."

CasualOblivion
2 months ago#10
Krentaris posted...
AuraBurqa posted...
CasualOblivion posted...
AuraBurqa posted...

Based on videos I've seen from around this time period in JP, neither the Gilgamesh EX nor the current heretics have been nerfed statwise. Only the score requirement was.

The score requirements for the current Heretics in JP were higher? Ouch.
  1. Boards
  2. Dissidia: Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia
  3. Support/Launch meta hasn't happened yet...
  • Topic Archived