• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Disgaea 2 PC
  3. Weapon stats acting weird

User Info: abbieV

abbieV
2 years ago#1
Hi!
Sorry for perhaps being a newb, there is one thing I don't get.
I have a character (Dark Knight) that has equipped a Spear with ATK 792,
I wanted to equip a Sword that has ATK 1050, however when I try it on the ATK stats are lowered instead of raised by the difference... wth is that?? Haha
No she does not have the Dark Knight lover on the Spear so it´s not that :)

Many thanks !

abbieV
2 years ago#2
And forgot to mention she has weapon mastery A with swords but B with Spears so that's not it either

abbieV
2 years ago#3
or is it the level that matters... it's 1 with swords but 8 with spears

User Info: Fallacia

Fallacia
2 years ago#4
There are 2 factors that are likely at play any time you try to equip something with higher stats, but instead lowers the stats of your character.

The most likely reason in your present case is the weapon mastery *level* of the character, not to be confused with their proficiency. The A and B proficiencies just determine how quickly the character's weapon mastery level with a particular weapon type goes up. If the character has been using spears a lot more than swords, then it's possible that their level with spears is high enough that the % boost to equipped spears has put it above the Atk of the sword for that character. This is remedied by simply using the sword so that the character's sword level goes up. You get an extra 5% boost for every level in the weapon type you are trying to equip.

The second likely factor is when the character has another item equipped with the same item rarity number. If you match the item rarity numbers of multiple pieces of equipment, you get even bigger boosts from the equipment stats. In those cases, it can be more beneficial to wear weaker equipment until you get a matching piece for your stronger ones.
Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur
Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr
(edited 2 years ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Disgaea 2 PC
  3. Weapon stats acting weird
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A