• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Metal Gear Survive
  3. Is the Platinum trophy still very difficult to obtain?

User Info: RetroGamer9

RetroGamer9
6 months ago#1
Now that the game is relatively cheap on PSN, id like to give it a try if the platinum isn’t impossible.
Sonic 3 & Knuckles is the BEST Sonic game in existence

User Info: mastercheng

mastercheng
6 months ago#2
It's not difficult, just time consuming. Player skill not an issue. Player persistence is more important.
I'd say it's between easy and medium difficulty. So maybe 4/10. Play a lot and you will get platinum. Most time consuming trophies will see you grinding "xp" to level up all skills, and looking up checklists online to acquire all gear items, and eat all foods. Again, just tedious but not difficult.

RetroGamer9
6 months ago#3
Ah! Really? That’s good to hear. I’ve gone through some tedious platinums over the years, which while not terribly exciting, I do favour over truly difficult platinums based on skill, like many oldschool fighting game plats

User Info: mastercheng

mastercheng
6 months ago#4
The only "skill" trophy requires you to get X amount of first place finishes (highest score in a team). But if you play an easy mission solo, it still counts as finishing first place and applies to that trophy--even though you are in a team of 1.

User Info: BlastoidPower

BlastoidPower
6 months ago#5
Getting max level on all classes is easily a 150-200 hour job. It's enormous.

Otherwise nothing is hard. It does involve the precise use of checklists if you want to keep track of all the items, though.

RetroGamer9
6 months ago#6
BlastoidPower posted...
Getting max level on all classes is easily a 150-200 hour job. It's enormous.

... that sounds pretty terrible tbh.

User Info: BlastoidPower

BlastoidPower
6 months ago#7
Well, it's a pretty fun game, it's just not a fun Platinum. Don't play if you're a trophy OCD. Nothing worse than having all trophies except one... just there, out of reach. :-(

It's a 0,1% Platinum, so yeah.

User Info: zombiedude4000

zombiedude4000
6 months ago#8
I've been logging in every day to do a base dig. Takes 3 minutes. I'll have the Plat in several months at this rate, but at least it's quick and easy. Slow and steady, baby.
(message deleted)

User Info: Vesperas

Vesperas
6 months ago#10
any online only trophies?
Fierce Uprising's Legendary Leader and undisputed best MGO3 Sniper.
NA PS4 PSN: Vesperas https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XyvA3xMG6I (10 secsonds)
  1. Boards
  2. Metal Gear Survive
  3. Is the Platinum trophy still very difficult to obtain?
  • Topic Archived