• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Sims
  3. i have a little problem with custom skins - regarding buying

User Info: Xegethra

Xegethra
8 years ago#1
ok so i have downloaded some outfits for the game which all work fine when placed in the skins folder

but i dont want them in the skins folder, i dont want the npc sims to wear these outfits because i have downloaded some gothic clothes and with the random generation im sure the game will spawn mismatched heads with outfits which i think looks out of place

this link here says that i can place the outfits in the c:\Program Files (x86)\Maxis\The Sims\ExpansionShared\SkinsBuy for them to be buyable. however it doesnt seem to work

http://www.parsimonious.org/support/sims1-adding-downloads-to-your-game.html

i did do some looking around and found out that there are some body types for the sims, so i put a "fit" body outfit into the buy folder and made a "fit" bodied sim go to the downtown lot to buy the outfit, it didnt show up. then i noticed that the files have letters infront of their names to determine the category of the outfit. the outfit was on B meaning normal body. so i changed it to F for formal judging by the default skins in the folder. so i had my fit bodied sim go downtown again to see if the clothing was there. it wasnt

i dont know what to do, i would like to have my downloaded clothes buyable only pretty much. that way i can control who wears them and hopefully not have npc's wearing them with mismatched heads

any help would be greatly appreciated so i thank anyone in advance may help me out on this. im at a loss here
The rise of Lucifer
Amaranthus for Asmodeus
  1. Boards
  2. The Sims
  3. i have a little problem with custom skins - regarding buying
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A