• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Darksiders: Warmastered Edition
  3. Strong possibility that the Wii U version of this game is cancelled

User Info: Trya_Somersault

Trya_Somersault
2 years ago#21
Can even preorder the Wii U version at stores now.
Look likes THQ Nordic kept their word unlike most devs.

Talked to the Devs end of last year and they assured me Wii U version was still coming.
(wanted to post this last year but had to find my sign in info)

Looks like BotW isn't going to be the last Console game, Darksiders is.
Console gaming aint dead just yet thanks to THQ Nordic.

User Info: misschu

misschu
2 years ago#22
Though the last Wii U game will probably be some Eshop title.
Do a barrel roll!

User Info: Oliver_Oliver

Oliver_Oliver
2 years ago#23
Trya_Somersault posted...
Can even preorder the Wii U version at stores now.
Look likes THQ Nordic kept their word unlike most devs.

Talked to the Devs end of last year and they assured me Wii U version was still coming.
(wanted to post this last year but had to find my sign in info)

Looks like BotW isn't going to be the last Console game, Darksiders is.
Console gaming aint dead just yet thanks to THQ Nordic.

Good news!
Confidence? It's nothing but an illusion.

User Info: zzeennoolloo

zzeennoolloo
2 years ago#24
Any new updates?
Creator of the most talked about 500 post topic on the Wii U board, the most populated board on Gamefaqs. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/72708411

User Info: mcnichoj

mcnichoj
2 years ago#25
zzeennoolloo posted...
Any new updates?
IT'S HAPPEING!
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/darksiders-warmastered-isnt-canceled-on-wii-u-now-/1100-6449234/

I'm not buying this or ever planned to but it's funny because I was talking to my friend about this a week ago and how bad third party support has been for Nintendo. The release of this doesn't change that as it's a day late and a dollar short.
PSN/XBL/Steam: mcnichoj | Switch FC: Ask
"Wanting people to have full knowledge of the facts about a console makes you a fanboy."

Oliver_Oliver
2 years ago#26
This game is suppose to come out May 23rd, 2017 (and it's currently May 5th, 2017)... but Amazon still has that place holder date of December 31st, 2017.... what gives? They normally change the place holder date to the real release date way before a few weeks left.... not sure what's going on.

User Info: Citan22

Citan22
2 years ago#27
i'm honestly starting to lose confidence in this game actually coming out, or at best think it may end up an Amazon exclusive or something.. because Gamestop surely has no idea what the deal is... the Wii U version isn't even in their system, and i've checked back several times in the last month to see if there were any updates. last guy told me to preorder from Amazon.. lol
http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/Citan22/games/owned
Gamertag/NNID: Bonepill

User Info: JamieHyneman

JamieHyneman
2 years ago#28
The release date on Amazon was showing May 23rd, now it's showing December 31st. This is not looking too good, is it?
I've never heard of anyone taking the trouble to rhyme weird insults

Oliver_Oliver
2 years ago#29
@JamieHyneman

JamieHyneman posted...
The release date on Amazon was showing May 23rd, now it's showing December 31st. This is not looking too good, is it?

Not looking good at all.
That Dec. 31st 2017 date is a place holder date.... meaning the game has NO solid release date yet and is still in development hell.
However....
there is POSSIBLE good news (maybe..... kind of).
I just checked Target's website and they are taking pre-orders on Darksiders: Warmastered for Wii U and they have a May 23rd release date. However, it says online ONLY and the game will NOT be sold in Target's physical stores.
You have to order it online at Target's online store.
Also, a possibility Amazon isn't getting this game in stock???

I'm not sure if I should switch my pre-order from Amazon to Target yet since it would be a pain in the ass if I switched by pre-order and Target ends up switching the May 23rd release to a Dec. 31st place holder date that Amazon is currently listing.
I guess I will make my decision on that soon since we are only 13 days away from the ALLEGED release date.
On a side note....
At this moment, the Wii U version of this game does NOT exist in Gamestop's data base..... they literally have no clue about a Wii U version.

User Info: Citan22

Citan22
2 years ago#30
so weird.. i mean, if the game was exclusive to a particular store, online or not, it would be in Nordic's best interest (if not their duty) to make that information known well before release. since there hasn't been such an announcement, this thing must be coming out everywhere (basically meaning walmart, target, gamestop, etc..) or it's not coming out at all. all i know is it's a bad sign that gamestop of all places doesn't have it in their system and isn't taking preorders..
http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/Citan22/games/owned
Gamertag/NNID: Bonepill
  1. Boards
  2. Darksiders: Warmastered Edition
  3. Strong possibility that the Wii U version of this game is cancelled
  • Topic Archived