• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Darksiders: Warmastered Edition
  3. Strong possibility that the Wii U version of this game is cancelled

User Info: SS4_Namreppiv

SS4_Namreppiv
2 years ago#11
Bummer......
"I tried one of your dishes once. I truly believed a part of my soul died."~Dunban

User Info: orangeumbreon23

orangeumbreon23
2 years ago#12
I was looking forward to having this game for Wii U since i want to keep my support of the system going even w/ Switch coming in March next year. I forgot this was even releasing today until i was browsing the Xbox Live store and saw it, which i want to get since i can no longer play the 360 disc as my disc tray is non-functional and would be willing to double dip on this game to show support for wanting a new game for this series and hopefully one that adds co-op. Black Friday deals are pulling me though and i have picked up Far Cry Primal: Apex Edition for $26 since that is a perfect price for me but i am thinking of possibly one or two more games to get even w/ FFXV next week.
XBL GT: JoeCool8524
3DS XL FC: 4081 5498 9446(TSV 255 for X); 4356 0748 5151(TSV 1354 for Y); 1349-5064-3916(TSV 2860)

User Info: Spookyryu

Spookyryu
2 years ago#13
Don't worry guys I just have news from ThqNordic the game is still in the works and they have moved the release date, in the first quarter of next year, so the game is still be on WII U

User Info: zzeennoolloo

zzeennoolloo
2 years ago#14
Okay....
THERE IS HOPE.
The game is still coming out in the near future for Wii U.

I've read a few things and this is what I found:

"THQ Nordic: Optimizing Darksiders Warmastered Edition for Wii U is a 'tough task'

"When November 22 rolled around, I was pretty confused. Darksiders Warmastered Edition dropped on both PS4 and Xbox One, but the Wii U version was nowhere in sight. A week later the PC version was available on Steam as a free upgrade, and still, no Wii U port. Now it's early December and I still haven't seen it appear on the Nintendo Download list. So what gives? Well THQ Nordic says it's taking a while longer because they want to get it right"

"Speaking to Nintendo Everything, the publisher explains that "The main challenge of the Warmastered Edition project was besides the upgrade and improvement to bring it out on many different platforms. We spent more time on a few things than we thought and optimizing the game for the Wii U is still a tough task. So we made the call of releasing it properly and the only conclusion was to delay it." Good on them for not putting out a broken port."

SOURCE: https://www.destructoid.com/thq-nordic-optimizing-darksiders-warmastered-edition-for-wii-u-is-a-tough-task--403071.phtml
Creator of the most talked about 500 post topic on the Wii U board, the most populated board on Gamefaqs. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/72708411

User Info: GoldLiger

GoldLiger
2 years ago#15
Don't bother hoping. They are cancelling the WII U version to put it on the Switch. A lot of developers are doing just that. Recently with Yooka Laylee WII U version being canceled due to "technical issues". I just don't get these developers. They say they are going to do something then change their minds last second. So sorry to say that the only developers you can trust are those that actively support the WII U until at least March like WayForward with Shantae or the studio behind Shovel Knight.
Waiting: Pokemon Sun & Moon, Kingdom Hearts 3, Tales of Berseria, RISE: Race The Future, Final Fantasy XV and Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

User Info: SS4_Namreppiv

SS4_Namreppiv
2 years ago#16
Any new news???
"I tried one of your dishes once. I truly believed a part of my soul died."~Dunban

User Info: Oliver_Oliver

Oliver_Oliver
2 years ago#17
SS4_Namreppiv posted...
Any new news???

Nothing new..... THQ Nordic is now staying silent.... NOT a good sign....
Confidence? It's nothing but an illusion.

Oliver_Oliver
2 years ago#18
Update:
There is NO new update.
The Wii U version appears to be in developmental hell.

User Info: zzeennoolloo

zzeennoolloo
2 years ago#19
NEW update:

http://gonintendo.com/stories/273864-darksiders-warmastered-edition-still-coming-to-wii-u

It's still coming..... HOWEVER...... "when" is the question.
Creator of the most talked about 500 post topic on the Wii U board, the most populated board on Gamefaqs. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/72708411

Oliver_Oliver
2 years ago#20
I've been looking more into this and this is from what I've read.
The Wii U is VERY difficult to program for.
Long story short:
Nintendo chose odd parts to pair up inside the Wii U.
An IBM power PC CPU with an NVIDIA GPU.
It's all put together in such an odd way (along with the rest of the architecture)
EVERY third party developer has been having hell with it.

Combine that with the Wii U being TERRIBLE for third parties in regards to sales numbers, many third parties didn't want to bother making a Wii U version of their games since it would have to be built from the ground up, VERY difficult to make due to the f***ed up hard to programming bulls***, and getting VERY LITTLE profit (if any).

More details (this video does a GREAT job explaining this):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqPqhBjpUWk

Anyway, THQ Nordic is STILL putting in the effort to make the Wii U version. Reason they are taking so long is because it is a HUGE pain in the ass to develop games on the Wii U. Very similar to how systems like Sega Saturn and Atari Jaguar were notoriously difficult to program for.
Really sucks a lot.
  1. Boards
  2. Darksiders: Warmastered Edition
  3. Strong possibility that the Wii U version of this game is cancelled
  • Topic Archived