• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Darksiders: Warmastered Edition
  3. Strong possibility that the Wii U version of this game is cancelled

User Info: Oliver_Oliver

Oliver_Oliver
2 years ago#1
There is a strong possibility that the Wii U version of this game (Darksiders: Warmastered) is cancelled.
I hope NOT (I had plans to buy the Wii U version), and I could be wrong, but as of right now, it looks like it might be cancelled.

REASONS:

1) While the original release date was October 25th for all the versions of this game, the Playstation 4 and Xbox One versions got a new release date, which is November 22nd, 2016. The Wii U version got moved to TBA status (to be announced). This is NOT a good sign.

2) Gamestop is taking pre-orders on the Playstation 4 and Xbox One versions.... but is NOT taking pre-orders on the Wii U version and the Wii U version does NOT exist in their data base, as seen here:

http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-darksider+warmastered,28zu0

As you can see, as of this writing, there are the Playstation 4 and Xbox One versions... but NO Wii U version to be seen.

3) Amazon is still taking pre-orders on all three console versions. HOWEVER, the Playstation 4 and Xbox One versions have the November 22nd release date. The Wii U version has a PLACE HOLDER release date of December 31st. The December 31st release date is a place holder date and is NOT a real release date, nor does it indicate that the Wii U version will be released. Also keep in mind that Amazon does NOT charge you money until the actual game releases and ships to you, so if the game gets cancelled they don't have to worry about refunds.

4) Another Wii U version of another game called Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 entered what's known as "permanent TBA" status back in 2013. Permanent TBA status is a nice way of saying that the game is cancelled. The Wii U version of Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 which is suppose to release January 2017 strongly appears to be headed in the same direction of permanent TBA status (cancellation) given how the Wii U version of this game is non-existent, but the Playstation 4 and Xbox One versions are being advertised and being available for pre-order.

What does this have to do with Darksiders: Warmastered? It's been put on TBA status.... which could very well become a permanent TBA status. This is NOT a good sign.

5) With the NX coming out March 2017 and the Wii U version of this game possibly not coming out for the holiday season, don't be surprised if the Wii U version gets cancelled and the game gets moved to NX.

Now.... could I be wrong.
I hope I'm wrong.
But there is a lot of evidence suggesting that the Wii U version is cancelled.
Confidence? It's nothing but an illusion.

User Info: EdoVandeKamp

EdoVandeKamp
2 years ago#2
Maybe you're right. It's a shame, I wanted to play the first game, also I was hoping they'd add the missing DLC for the second game. It makes sense if they're moving it to the NX, the WiiU version pales compared to the other versions.
WiiU ID: EdFitzgerald
Xenoblade-Bayonetta-Smash Bros.

User Info: mcnichoj

mcnichoj
2 years ago#3
EdoVandeKamp posted...
the WiiU version pales compared to the other versions.
In what way? WU can do 1080 and is just an updated version of a last gen game.

It's more likely they'll move it to NX so that console launches with more than two games, not because the current hardware is lacking.
PSN/XBL/Steam: mcnichoj | JPN Smash FC 2122-7970-0148
Wanting people to have full knowledge of the facts about a console makes you a fanboy.

User Info: SS4_Namreppiv

SS4_Namreppiv
2 years ago#4
Actually it is just the physical version that will be released at a later date. Digital Wii U version launches same day as the PS4 and XBone versions. I have the digital version of D2, so it's no problem for me to get the first game the same way.
"I tried one of your dishes once. I truly believed a part of my soul died."~Dunban

Oliver_Oliver
2 years ago#5
SS4_Namreppiv posted...
Actually it is just the physical version that will be released at a later date. Digital Wii U version launches same day as the PS4 and XBone versions. I have the digital version of D2, so it's no problem for me to get the first game the same way.

Thanks for the post.
Okay, so I looked it up and we are indeed getting the DIGITAL version on November 22nd:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/10/darksiders_warmastered_edition_hits_the_wii_u_eshop_on_22nd_november_retail_version_coming_later

However...
I don't like the fact that the PS4 and Xbox One are getting digital AND physical retail versions of the game and the physical retail Wii U version is coming out at a later date that is currently unknown. Granted, I'm a physical ONLY person (I avoid digital when it comes to new games.... especially on Wii U due to the small hard drive space) so I have a bias here.
Just hoping that the physical retail Wii U version is indeed released and they don't pull a fast one and decide to cancel the physical retail version (which I will buy if it gets released. That's a first day buy for me. I should probably do an Amazon pre-order to show my support for the physical retail version). Nonetheless, I appreciate the company releasing the game on Wii U on November 22nd (even if it is just the digital version for that day).

User Info: zzeennoolloo

zzeennoolloo
2 years ago#6
A digital release on November 22nd is all fine and dandy....
but for crying out loud...
I want a PHYSICAL copy.
Creator of the most talked about 500 post topic on the Wii U board, the most populated board on Gamefaqs. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/72708411

User Info: Gibbeynator

Gibbeynator
2 years ago#7
The Wii U is now the Vita. Publishers will still support it, but you're going to have to live with digital only unless you live in Singapore or something.
It is pitch black in here, you are likely to be eaten by a Grue *CHOMP* Well... I warned him...

User Info: SS4_Namreppiv

SS4_Namreppiv
2 years ago#8
Any idea how large the file is yet? I know we're 3 days away from release, but usually by now the info has been leaked.
"I tried one of your dishes once. I truly believed a part of my soul died."~Dunban

Oliver_Oliver
2 years ago#9
SS4_Namreppiv posted...
Any idea how large the file is yet? I know we're 3 days away from release, but usually by now the info has been leaked.

The reason NO info has been leaked is because only a few days ago, the digital (eshop) version has been DELAYED..... with NO new release date officially set.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/11/darksiders_warmastered_edition_now_coming_to_wii_u_at_a_later_stage_delaying_eshop_release

This is bad...
This is VERY, VERY BAD since these are typical signs, 9 times out of 10, they are strongly considering cancelling a version of a game (in this case, the Wii U version) if other versions of the game (PS4, Xbox One, PC) are being released during an important release period (EX: holiday season, where game companies make the most money) and that version (Wii U) doesn't even have a release date anymore.

According to a recent press release from THQ Nordic:

"On November 22, Darksiders Warmastered Edition will release on Sony's Playstation®4, and Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft.
The PC version will be released on November 29, and Nintendo's Wii U™ version (both retail and digital) will follow at a later stage. Information on the release date will follow soon."

Maybe the Wii U will be able to get the game sometime during December? And that's me being EXTREMELY optimistic.

User Info: zzeennoolloo

zzeennoolloo
2 years ago#10
Oliver_Oliver posted...
SS4_Namreppiv posted...

The reason NO info has been leaked is because only a few days ago, the digital (eshop) version has been DELAYED..... with NO new release date officially set.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/11/darksiders_warmastered_edition_now_coming_to_wii_u_at_a_later_stage_delaying_eshop_release

This is bad...
This is VERY, VERY BAD since these are typical signs, 9 times out of 10, they are strongly considering cancelling a version of a game (in this case, the Wii U version) if other versions of the game (PS4, Xbox One, PC) are being released during an important release period (EX: holiday season, where game companies make the most money) and that version (Wii U) doesn't even have a release date anymore.

According to a recent press release from THQ Nordic:

"On November 22, Darksiders Warmastered Edition will release on Sony's Playstation®4, and Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft.
The PC version will be released on November 29, and Nintendo's Wii U™ version (both retail and digital) will follow at a later stage. Information on the release date will follow soon."

Maybe the Wii U will be able to get the game sometime during December? And that's me being EXTREMELY optimistic.

I came in to post something similar to this.
Yeah.... the Wii U eshop version of the game that was suppose to have come out digitally on November 22nd is now delayed and there isn't even a new release date for it while the Wii U physical version remains delayed into eternity with no mention of a release date either.

Meanwhile, the PS4 and Xbox One are receiving both physical and digital copies and those are 100% being released on November 22nd and the PC version is still 100% releasing on November 29th.

As pointed out, the holiday season is when all video game companies make the most money. The Wii U version of this game was already going to have an uphill battle in regards to selling well since it's coming out during the twilight moments of the Wii U's life and it's a third party game (most of which have problems selling on Wii U).
If the Wii U version misses the holiday season, that could hurt it's potential sales, making THQ Nordic consider cancelling the game (assuming if they aren't considering cancelling the Wii U version right now).
Plus, they have to take into account the March 2017 launch of the Nintendo Switch.

Overall, things are looking horrendously bad for this game being released on Wii U.
Hopefully it comes out for Wii U.... it might end up being like Watch Dogs where that game was released on PS4, PS3, XB-360, XB-One, and PC during May of 2014 and SEVERAL MONTHS later it was released on Wii U during November 2014.
Or.... maybe Darksiders: Warmastered comes out during December of 2016.
Or.... it might get cancelled.
Only time will tell.
Creator of the most talked about 500 post topic on the Wii U board, the most populated board on Gamefaqs. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/72708411
  1. Boards
  2. Darksiders: Warmastered Edition
  3. Strong possibility that the Wii U version of this game is cancelled
  • Topic Archived