You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Sonic Forces
  3. Is 3D Sonic dead now thanks to Forces?

User Info: NimbusSkye

NimbusSkye
2 months ago#91
What the hell even is your argument dude? First you defend the game by questioning everyone's high expectations, then bash on Sega for rushing and ruining the game, and now you're back to defend them by saying that "it's what all games do"?

Make up your damn mind. The only one acting like an adolescent here is you.
3DS FC: 1221-0399-7115
FE Fates My Castle ID: 12097-00776-95917-49127
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: Sheur

Sheur
2 months ago#92
Well the "boost to win" was a bad concept to begin with. Sonic outdated graphics such as 2D games are just old. Just stop trying to bring it back, its old. It was good for its time though. Just drop the boost mechanic, bring back Tails and Knuckles and have them be about doing their thing in 3d, run fast, climb or fly. And attack enemies and get to the goal. thats it.

User Info: Hiro_Yasuhara

Hiro_Yasuhara
2 months ago#93
The opinion of Zoomer Sonic fans does not matter, they only know Sonic post Shark jump era, not when it was truly big. Their grasp of anything does not even extend beyond the surface level.
"Derp, 2D", as if mechanics, level design and general fundamentals are not what is really important. 2d, much less old graphics, are not even obligated in regard to continuing concepts, that is merely what the tunnel visioned, surface level surveying idiot thinks its all about when the old stuff is brought up. Not that 2D games like The Messenger, Shovel Knight, Hollow Knight, Undertale, Cuphead, Dead Cells or Celeste, don't still get made and put up for game awards.
Ninjam
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kwvAkd_KdE
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: Hiro_Yasuhara

Hiro_Yasuhara
2 months ago#94
NimbusSkye posted...

Correction, 4 years. 3 of which were spent making the damn engine

Citation needed. Never confirmed anywhere, and Sonic fanboys have a bad habit of pushing fan assumptions as gospel. They made a sequel to their already made Hedgehog engine sure, but it probably did not take 3 years, it isn't very complex and is a mere upgraded forking of the prior Hedgehog engine.

Excuse me? When your trailers are constantly advertising the supposedly epic plot and the return of popular villains such as Chaos and Shadow, you have an obligation to deliver. Take a look at these trailers:

I wasn't born in 2000, so none of that looked special to begin with.

Sonic outdated graphics such as 2D games are just old. Just stop trying to bring it back, its old. It was good for its time though.

No, they can continue to be made since they are better than the modern trash and honestly don't require long dev time or a hindering of resources elsewhere, to develop. They can coexist with 3D Sonic games once Sonic Team finally make one. Outdated graphics is irrelevant and not obligated, they can be made to look better for all it matters.
Ninjam
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kwvAkd_KdE
(edited 2 months ago)

NimbusSkye
2 months ago#95
Hiro_Yasuhara posted...
Citation needed. Never confirmed anywhere, and Sonic fanboys have a bad habit of pushing fan assumptions as gospel. They made a sequel to their already made Hedgehog engine sure, but it probably did not take 3 years, it isn't very complex and is a mere upgraded forking of the prior Hedgehog engine.

PythiasSnyder posted...

Sonic Forces's development:
2013 - Sonic Team begins Hedgehog Engine 2 development
2014-2016 - Sonic Forces concept development with Nakamura's small team
2016-2017 - Full Sonic Forces game developmentā€

https://www.famitsu.com/news/201711/11145786.html

Seriously, not even 06's development cycle was this poorly-planned.
(edited 2 months ago)

NimbusSkye
2 months ago#96
Hiro_Yasuhara posted...
I wasn't born in 2000, so none of that looked special to begin with.

Lying in game trailers has always been a shady practice.

User Info: Warrior3001

Warrior3001
2 months ago#97
If Sonic 06 didn't kill 3D Sonic, how would Forces do it? This game wasn't even bad, it was just average or even mediocre.
Despite all the **** that people spew against Classic Sonic, I enjoyed each of his levels (except for the last one, which I didn't think was memorable).
The major problem with this game was the length of the levels, if each of those stages had the size of Generations' levels, Forces would have been the objectively better game of the duo.
"Skyward Sword is one of the worst games ever and is ranked among melodramatic crap (...) such as Bioshock, Child of Light, Ni no Kuni" -Banned user

User Info: Decapre

Decapre
2 months ago#98
Why are people still posting in this joke topic?
DON'T INTERFERE!
https://i.imgur.com/0CWj5nT.jpg

User Info: Warrior3001

Warrior3001
2 months ago#99
Decapre posted...

Dude, you're in a Gamefaqs board. If you want us to identify a joke, you should at least type in "/s" after your text.
Take a look at my signature, someone actually wrote this here and that person wasn't being sarcastic at all.
"Skyward Sword is one of the worst games ever and is ranked among melodramatic crap (...) such as Bioshock, Child of Light, Ni no Kuni" -Banned user
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: Pig143

Pig143
1 month ago#100
Decapre posted...

The board is dead
Hackers win at games but they still lose at life, i used to hate them but then i realized they have to cheat so now i just feel sorry for them.
  1. Boards
  2. Sonic Forces
  3. Is 3D Sonic dead now thanks to Forces?