You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Sonic Forces
  3. Is 3D Sonic dead now thanks to Forces?

User Info: ROCKS_21

ROCKS_21
3 months ago#61
The game is barely 3d.
Its also funny that fanboys who leap to defend the lame state of Sonic games, still exist, few as they are.

User Info: LightEcoSage

LightEcoSage
3 months ago#62
ss21vegito posted...
LightEcoSage posted...
This topic is insanely stupid. The most recent 3D Sonic game just came out last year. You expect SEGA to literally announce another major 3D Sonic game immediately after? Wow. And you have completely no basis for claiming nor even thinking modern Sonic is dead.

I dont think forces is the 3D experience people want

As if the ridiculously overrated "3D" Generations and Colors were, either. The fact that both those games are received really well and blatantly proves 3D is not what most people care about. They just want longer stages and may'be some platforming.
OBJECTIVELY, Mewtwo is not evil nor a villain; and the anti-heroic Shadow the Hedgehog is the #2 most popular Sonic the Hedgehog character.

User Info: DiogenesKC

DiogenesKC
3 months ago#63
what it actually proves is that sonic fans have s*** taste and will throw away money on crap
Welcome to the world of idiots.

User Info: ss21vegito

ss21vegito
3 months ago#64
LightEcoSage posted...
ss21vegito posted...
LightEcoSage posted...
This topic is insanely stupid. The most recent 3D Sonic game just came out last year. You expect SEGA to literally announce another major 3D Sonic game immediately after? Wow. And you have completely no basis for claiming nor even thinking modern Sonic is dead.

As if the ridiculously overrated "3D" Generations and Colors were, either. The fact that both those games are received really well and blatantly proves 3D is not what most people care about. They just want longer stages and may'be some platforming.

I think generations was surprisingly good. But no they weren't the adventure style games we wanted.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7ujjQA4vGw

User Info: Prismsblade

Prismsblade
3 months ago#65
ss21vegito posted...
LightEcoSage posted...
ss21vegito posted...
LightEcoSage posted...

I think generations was surprisingly good. But no they weren't the adventure style games we wanted.

Generations was alright but its plot was boring, by the books, and had much more potential. And the stage selections overall.....left alot to de desired honestly.
3DS FC:3368-5403-9633 Name: Kaizer
PSN: Blackkaizer

ss21vegito
3 months ago#66
Prismsblade posted...
ss21vegito posted...
LightEcoSage posted...
ss21vegito posted...
LightEcoSage posted...

Generations was alright but its plot was boring, by the books, and had much more potential. And the stage selections overall.....left alot to de desired honestly.

Yeah. The mods made it better

User Info: LightEcoSage

LightEcoSage
3 months ago#67
ss21vegito posted...
I think generations was surprisingly good.

But no they weren't the adventure style games we wanted.

Compared to Sonic Unleashed, which features the fastest Sonic, harder difficulty, best story not only out of the boost games but also the Sonic series as a whole, best action, best interactions from Sonic, best performance from Sonic (like ever?), great character development, is technically and constantly ignored for being the most consistent 3D game of the boost series, etc, etc, (have to end this somewhere) all while being completely original, something Generations and Mania could and did not do in order to reach their success.

Of course, but my point is that for what the games are they're still overrated.

Prismsblade posted...
ss21vegito posted...
LightEcoSage posted...
ss21vegito posted...
LightEcoSage posted...

It pretty much has no plot. And plot isn't even the only issue. Character development, interactions, and performance, etc was all lackluster. Stage selection was good. The issue is the quantity of stages itself.
OBJECTIVELY, Mewtwo is not evil nor a villain; and the anti-heroic Shadow the Hedgehog is the #2 most popular Sonic the Hedgehog character.

User Info: SpunkySix

SpunkySix
3 months ago#68
What's disappointing is that due to the time-and-dimension-traveling nature of the plot, Generations served as a perfect opportunity for them to canonically rewrite the timeline without actually rebooting anything, but they completely wasted it and now it's an unfixable cluster f*** still.
What doth life?

User Info: blueblur98

blueblur98
2 months ago#69
DiogenesKC posted...
what it actually proves is that sonic fans have s*** taste and will throw away money on crap

translation: STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
official sonic of the SSBU board!
PSN: blue_blur_98, NNID: blueblurPLAY (PM me before sending a request so i know it's you.)
(edited 2 months ago)

ss21vegito
2 months ago#70
blueblur98 posted...
DiogenesKC posted...

translation: STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I think we just found the new Sonic slogan
(edited 2 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Sonic Forces
  3. Is 3D Sonic dead now thanks to Forces?