You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Sonic Forces
  3. Is 3D Sonic dead now thanks to Forces?

User Info: sull56ivan2010

sull56ivan2010
7 months ago#11
@Salyer

I didn't even vote for anybody two years ago. What purpose is to hate a series and then keep making or replying to these kind of topics?

User Info: SpunkySix

SpunkySix
7 months ago#12
Salyer posted...
Whatever you say, Trump voter.

what
What doth life?
(message deleted)

User Info: Salyer

Salyer
7 months ago#14
SpunkySix posted...
Salyer posted...

what

Saying that saying harsh things about Sonic means I shouldn't post here is Trump voter brand arguing.

User Info: Kingdom080500

Kingdom080500
7 months ago#15
SpunkySix posted...
It didn't die because of Sonic 06. Why would Forces kill it?

This. 3D Sonic isn't dying. It never will. There will always be kids who eat that s*** up and people like some of us who buy it hoping for it to be an actual great game for once. 06 sold well enough to become a greatest/platinum hit on the PS3/360, despite being one of the worst games of all time. Nothing can possibly kill off 3D Sonic if it managed to survive that.
Not changing this sig until Gravity Rush 3 gets announced. Don't throw away an IP with so much potential, Sony!
WOOT! Kingdom Hearts III 2019 hype!

User Info: SpunkySix

SpunkySix
7 months ago#16
Depth_scroll posted...
SpunkySix posted...
what

Spunky, I don't think that mimicking the smug people of this board is doing you any favours, and it comes off as a suck up when you're even mocked by them.

I'm not mimicking anything, his comment was completely random and it didn't even make sense as to what he was trying to get at.

Salyer posted...
SpunkySix posted...
Salyer posted...

what

Saying that saying harsh things about Sonic means I shouldn't post here is Trump voter brand arguing.

Fam, I agree that Trump is an a******, but that's so far removed from what we were talking about and the comparison there is such a stretch that there was no point in even making it. You made things more confusing by using that comparison, not less, which defeats the purpose of making the comparison.

Kingdom080500 posted...
SpunkySix posted...
It didn't die because of Sonic 06. Why would Forces kill it?

This. 3D Sonic isn't dying. It never will. There will always be kids who eat that s*** up and people like some of us who buy it hoping for it to be an actual great game for once. 06 sold well enough to become a greatest/platinum hit on the PS3/360, despite being one of the worst games of all time. Nothing can possibly kill off 3D Sonic if it managed to survive that.

I think possibly the only thing that could kill Modern 3D Sonic is 2D Sonic becoming so wildly profitable and well-loved that it makes Modern 3D Sonic redundant, but as we've seen with how successful Mania was, that would be next to impossible since Modern 3D Sonic still seems to be going in spite of that success.
What doth life?

User Info: blueblur98

blueblur98
7 months ago#17
no.
OFFICIAL sonic of the SSBU board!
PSN: blue_blur_98, NNID: blueblurPLAY (PM me before sending a request so i know it's you.)

User Info: Hiro_Yasuhara

Hiro_Yasuhara
7 months ago#18
Seeing as this game barely takes advantage of 3d, and isn't a Sonic game, 3d Sonic was already not among the living.
Ninjam
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kwvAkd_KdE

User Info: Pig143

Pig143
7 months ago#19
they've been doing horrible 3D games for so long now, i don't think it's just suddenly going to stop
Hackers win at games but they still lose at life, i used to hate them but then i realized they have to cheat so now i just feel sorry for them.

User Info: Quartz

Quartz
6 months ago#20
3D Sonic's isn't dead. It was never alive to begin with.

Serious note, Forces isn't gonna affect 3D Sonic's staying power whatsoever. The Dark Age of Sonic, where we got bombarded by barely ok to horrible games for 3+ years didn't kill 3D Sonic off, then why do you think this one game would do it in?
  1. Boards
  2. Sonic Forces
  3. Is 3D Sonic dead now thanks to Forces?