You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Sonic Forces
  3. Is 3D Sonic dead now thanks to Forces?

User Info: Decapre

Decapre
4 months ago#1
It seems the only way to get 3D Sonic right is to put him in a car.....

Are we screwed?
DON'T INTERFERE!
https://i.imgur.com/0CWj5nT.jpg

User Info: Salyer

Salyer
4 months ago#2
Hopefully. They might even be hoping the movie might just make a whole new fanbase for them to lob bad to meh games at.

User Info: SpunkySix

SpunkySix
4 months ago#3
It didn't die because of Sonic 06. Why would Forces kill it?
What doth life?

User Info: edward18

edward18
4 months ago#4
Doubt it. Sonic's survived every single game up to this point. Forces is just a game that's gonna reimpose the "he can't work in 3D" attitude until they come out with the next one.
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai

User Info: Macho_King

Macho_King
4 months ago#5
It's better to say Forces killed 3d Sonic for the older audience. Kids like it apparently.
I'm going to become the next "King of Comics!"

User Info: Illuminoius

Illuminoius
4 months ago#6
i hope so

User Info: Jonor57

Jonor57
4 months ago#7
Sigh.. so much for this board being dead. Well, to answer your question, no. Did Sonic 06 kill it? No. Did Sonic Boom kill it? No. Sega are far too persistent for that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrNy7d-v_10
Yes, I think differently than you.
(edited 4 months ago)

User Info: Jimnayzeeum

Jimnayzeeum
4 months ago#8
I seriously doubt it. The majority of reviews for Forces were mediocre to sliiiightly positive, not unanimously negative, and according to Sega/Sonic Team the game actually sold well. That doesn't sound like the type of game that would kill an entire 'style' like 3D Sonic. Especially, as others have said, since 3D Sonic has survived games that are considered objectively FAR worse than Forces.

User Info: sull56ivan2010

sull56ivan2010
4 months ago#9
@Salyer posted...
Hopefully. They might even be hoping the movie might just make a whole new fanbase for them to lob bad to meh games at.

For a guy that constantly hates the franchise, you do like talking in these games topics.

User Info: Salyer

Salyer
4 months ago#10
Whatever you say, Trump voter.
  1. Boards
  2. Sonic Forces
  3. Is 3D Sonic dead now thanks to Forces?