• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. BioShock: The Collection
  3. After playing Soulsborne, this game on Survivor w/ no Vita Chambers isn't hard

User Info: ProMWM

ProMWM
1 year ago#1
Gotta hand it to Bloodborne and the like, it's interesting to see how I've become a better strategist at games after playing those headaches of a game. I figured, "I never bothered with this difficulty on PS3, hell I didn't touch Hard mode, not to mention no Vita Chambers." So I figured, can't be much worse than dying in a Souls game. Back to the bonfire. All enemies reset. You just gotta learn the right tactics and improve, Goku-style. Sure enough, the game is NOT easy on Survivor, but it certainly isn't hard, especially given that you can save the game whenever you'd like.

The point of my post is to 1.) Discuss the game (that's a shot at any b****boy trolls that think I'm bragging and want to give me s***) 2.) Let anyone on the fence know that they should give it a shot if they were thinking about it. It's not as hard as you might think it will be. Big Daddies are the only difficult thing, but after your first few, they'll be pretty easy, especially when you make them fight each other with Enrage and finish the winner off.

I chose the impossible. (...turns out, it's possible...)
PSN / Steam: Tenkaichi06
Rest in peace Chester Bennington

ProMWM
1 year ago#2
Beat the game, Platinum trophy and all. Seriously, give it a shot. The real difficulty was Medical Pavilion through Fort Frolic, and after that the game was cake easy. Rosie's are forever a b**** though.

User Info: DisgracefulSins

DisgracefulSins
1 year ago#3
Yeah, that is how all of the BioShocks are, more or less. Difficult in the beginning, but once you get some decent tonics and powers, the game becomes downright easy.

BioShock 2 is even easier. The ability to summon/repair bots at any time, regenerate both health and eve just by standing in water, and Insect Swarm just breaks the entire game.
If you want something done right, do it yourself.
So note to self: Do more myself.

ProMWM
1 year ago#4
DisgracefulSins posted...
Yeah, that is how all of the BioShocks are, more or less. Difficult in the beginning, but once you get some decent tonics and powers, the game becomes downright easy.

BioShock 2 is even easier. The ability to summon/repair bots at any time, regenerate both health and eve just by standing in water, and Insect Swarm just breaks the entire game.

Instead of the bonuses you get for research (5%, 10%, 20%, etc) I think it would've been much more challenging by capping our wallets at 50% regular capacity, inflating the prices of most things by 50%, and decreasing research percentage bonuses to multiples of 3%. Playing on Hard, you'd know exactly how much damage you should be doing, because it would just be something you'd learn to estimate through being forced into playing carefully. I think players would really notice and appreciate the subtle yet noticeable damage increases instead of the crazy buffs we get.

User Info: vanille987

vanille987
1 year ago#5
Its pretty challenging but really not as hard as you may think.
i`m in arcadia in my current survivor no vita run and faring very well.
As long you explore and raid safes and others.
you schould have a healthy stock of medicine`s and hypos through the circus of value.
Ammo is somewhat scarce`s in my case making my switch ammo types and weapons alot but i don't mind!

Another note: i first found the pistol underpowered in my first playthrough and it kinda is.
BUT if you headshot...
i can kill any splicer with a anti-personal headshot with the vanilla revolver wich feels great to pull of!
and since the revolver has low to zero accuracy loss when rapid firing, you can chain headshots!
useful for putting the normal ammo to use.

AND, if you research big dady`s (i heavily suggest researching anything)rapid firing the armo piercing rounds actually does pretty good damage.

ProMWM
1 year ago#6
@vanille987 It's easy as s***, just admit.

Also, I found the pistol to be junk s*** the entire game.

User Info: DisgracefulSins

DisgracefulSins
1 year ago#7
Honestly, I never really used the guns in either of the first two BioShocks. Well, aside from a shotgun on big daddies in the first one, but that is about it.

Melee is so overpowered coupled with the right tonics, that even on the highest difficulty I never felt a need to switch it up. You can literally still kill most enemies with one or two swings, coupled with vampire regeneration, and it just contributes to feeling like a beast.
If you want something done right, do it yourself.
So note to self: Do more myself.

ProMWM
1 year ago#8
DisgracefulSins posted...
Honestly, I never really used the guns in either of the first two BioShocks. Well, aside from a shotgun on big daddies in the first one, but that is about it.

Melee is so overpowered coupled with the right tonics, that even on the highest difficulty I never felt a need to switch it up. You can literally still kill most enemies with one or two swings, coupled with vampire regeneration, and it just contributes to feeling like a beast.

Exactly, melee all the way on 1 and a little less on 2, but that's just because aiming mechanics suck and I haven't gotten the right tonics yet

User Info: vanille987

vanille987
1 year ago#9
Nah, i much prefer guns.
Ques thats why i don't think its easy as s*** i ques lol?

ProMWM
1 year ago#10
@vanille987 posted...
Nah, i much prefer guns.
Ques thats why i don't think its easy as s*** i ques lol?

Que?

And yeah, granted you need the guns more in 2 than in 1, and in 1 you needed them up until the end of Fort Frolic and always BD's. 2 is a bit harsher with the damage you take, so I've been using my guns a bit more.
  1. Boards
  2. BioShock: The Collection
  3. After playing Soulsborne, this game on Survivor w/ no Vita Chambers isn't hard
  • Topic Archived