• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Donkey Kong 64
  3. Fastest way to unlock arcade game?

User Info: marioxb

marioxb
3 years ago#1
If I don't care about the main game at all, what is the fastest way to unlock the arcade game? What can I skip, if anything? The arcade game is the only reason I got this on Wii U.

User Info: goldenraven20

goldenraven20
3 years ago#2
Unfortunately, you are required to play through at least some of the main game in order to unlock the arcade game. The arcade itself is located in Frantic Factory, the third world, which requires 15 Golden Bananas to access (very doable and does not take that long at all considering each world has 25 Golden Bananas each). Once you access the factory, visit Cranky as DK to learn a special ability required to activate the arcade machine. You can then play as much of the arcade game as you want. Alternatively, if you photograph 6 Banana Fairies, you will unlock the ability to play the arcade game from the main menu screen, but this takes slightly longer.

marioxb
3 years ago#3
Thanks.

User Info: needlewarbler

needlewarbler
3 years ago#4
You unfortunately need to get to the third world to unlock the Arcade game. To get there you need to fight both Armydillo and Dogadon or photograph a truckload of Fairies to get it in the Mystery Menu.

User Info: DK-BT

DK-BT
3 years ago#5
I'm pretty sure they have the arcade game itself on the Wii U eShop.

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/ASXjbSEpBODKn6DDFXbOHguCh7R_Y5ZQ
Send me a PM if Banjo Kazooie is your favorite game franchise of all time.
Total PMs so far: 0 (please hurry because this number is embarrassing)

marioxb
3 years ago#6
The separate version in the shop is the NES version.

User Info: DK-BT

DK-BT
3 years ago#7
What's the difference?
Send me a PM if Banjo Kazooie is your favorite game franchise of all time.
Total PMs so far: 0 (please hurry because this number is embarrassing)

User Info: DougTheYoshi

DougTheYoshi
3 years ago#8
DK-BT posted...
What's the difference?

A little late to the party, but... I think the NES version doesn't have the "pie factory" level...
"Courage is not the absence of fear; it's the ability to face it."

User Info: Mario500NOW

Mario500NOW
3 years ago#9
Has anyone ever else used Donkey Kong 64 just to play the arcade game? I did several times.

User Info: goldenraven20

goldenraven20
3 years ago#10
In addition to the pie factory level being absent, the physics are slightly different in the NES version from what I remember. The DK64 arcade game is the closest version to the original that I know of.
  1. Boards
  2. Donkey Kong 64
  3. Fastest way to unlock arcade game?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers