You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Marvel's Spider-Man
  3. Should Spider-Man only be in New York City?

User Info: SG-17

SG-17
1 month ago#1
Should future games be set in locations other than NYC?

Does Spider-Man need to be in New York City? Would you like to see future games tackle different locations like San Francisco, London, or Tokyo? Or would you prefer them to just keep iterating and improving on New York?
PSN: SG-17

User Info: TheAntiZealot

TheAntiZealot
1 month ago#2
I'd like to see him in the woods. Or on a snowy mountain.

I feel like he was made for skyscrapers and I want to see him be challenged.
TAZ
"It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me." -Xtreme65

User Info: James_N_Mason

James_N_Mason
1 month ago#3
The entire city still wasn't used in this game. Only Manhattan Island. They can simply expand NYC districts in a future game. Bronx, Brooklyn, and/or Queens or even Staten Island can be included in future games. Heck, even Manhattan Island has some missing spots.

I think they should improve and polish NYC in a future installment. If he leaves, it would probably be for temporary story reasons and limited to a certain degree.

User Info: KTG2

KTG2
1 month ago#4
I actually really like the idea of Spiderman in other big cities, he's been so NYC exclusive for so long it would be fun to foil baddies somewhere else for a change. I've done the full-scale Manhattan Island in a couple videogames now, time to switch it up
I just realized I hadn't changed my signature since 2013. - Changed 12/3/17

User Info: IceCreamOnStero

IceCreamOnStero
1 month ago#5
Switching it up would be neat. I'd actually be interested in Tokyo Spidey.
"All true Fire Emblem fans hate Fire Emblem" - The Fir Coat
"Close your acount" - KinoTFS

User Info: Xclaim

Xclaim
1 month ago#6
Well, his last movie had an entire action scene in a forrest, and his next movie will be in an entirely different country. So putting him in a new setting next game won't exactly be out of the ordinary at that point.
The internet has made it too easy for people to be openly disrespectful without getting punched in the face for it.

User Info: ExperiencePoint

ExperiencePoint
1 month ago#7
IceCreamOnStero posted...
Switching it up would be neat. I'd actually be interested in Tokyo Spidey.

^This

User Info: MachineLove

MachineLove
4 weeks ago#8
Peter has been to L.A. a bunch of times in the comics and other media, I prefer New York but that city might work out. Also, isn't Kaine operating in L.A. as the new(er) Scarlet Spider currently in the comics? Or maybe it's Vegas, I can't recall but there's country-wide Spider things going on.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Metalsonic66

Metalsonic66
4 weeks ago#9
MachineLove posted...
Peter has been to L.A. a bunch of times in the comics and other media, I prefer New York but that city might work out. Also, isn't Kaine operating in L.A. as the new(er) Scarlet Spider currently in the comics? Or maybe it's Vegas, I can't recall but there's country-wide Spider things going on.

Ben was operating in Vegas for a while, with Kaine making occasional appearances.
PSN/Steam ID: Metalsonic_69
Big bombs go kabang.

User Info: NameBrandj

NameBrandj
3 weeks ago#10
Isn't Tokyo just like NYC in a video game sense?
  1. Boards
  2. Marvel's Spider-Man
  3. Should Spider-Man only be in New York City?