You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Marvel's Spider-Man
  3. Best Playstation-Exclusive game of all-time or just top-10?

User Info: TheAntiZealot

TheAntiZealot
4 weeks ago#21
PlayTheGnome posted...
I don't think Spider-Man in general is supposed to be as dark a figure as, say, Batman, for example, but I get what you're saying.

Interesting that you should mention the original intent of Batman.

A man, a regular man. Or even just a rich man who dresses as a bat. He hangs out with a guy who's dressed equally garishly.

He supposed to be campy, very campy. Actually, Superman started out as a much more serious and realistic figure than Batman. Batman was something of a comedic relief and a break from the seriousness of real life.
TAZ
"It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me." -Xtreme65

User Info: PlayTheGnome

PlayTheGnome
4 weeks ago#22
TheAntiZealot posted...
PlayTheGnome posted...
I don't think Spider-Man in general is supposed to be as dark a figure as, say, Batman, for example, but I get what you're saying.

Interesting that you should mention the original intent of Batman.

A man, a regular man. Or even just a rich man who dresses as a bat. He hangs out with a guy who's dressed equally garishly.

He supposed to be campy, very campy. Actually, Superman started out as a much more serious and realistic figure than Batman. Batman was something of a comedic relief and a break from the seriousness of real life.

Yeah, I guess the way these heroes have been interpreted, particularly by Hollywood, has changed over the years. Keaton's Batman was hardly as brooding and intense as Bale's. Part of that has to do with acting choice but I'm sure Nolan wanted to go darker, no pun intended. Spider-Man seems to be more consistent though...I can't recall a dark Spidey characterization on film, unless I'm just not remembering.

Same for the villains too, I guess. The Nicholson Joker vs. Ledger's is like night and day in terms of tone.
"A man chooses...a slave obeys"
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: DiaperDandee

DiaperDandee
3 weeks ago#23
Yeah if I had to rank it, it wouldn’t be better than God of War, Bloodborne, Uncharted 4, or Horizon but it is still really good and gamers deserved another really good Spider-Man game.
Playing: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4 Pro), Metro: Exodus (PS4 Pro), The Division 2: Gold Edition (PS4 Pro)

User Info: pikey87

pikey87
2 weeks ago#24
It's not the best, but it's a stellar game.
25+ years of gaming taught me one important life lesson. You normally don't have to push start at the main menu.

User Info: Upyers

Upyers
1 week ago#25
It's up there for me in the top 10 but has some great competition to me like GoW, KH2.8(I actually loved 0.2), KH1.5/2.5(there's a couple things exlcusive to this version) uncharted games, ratchet and clank
PSN: Upyers
Systems Owned: PS4, PS3 PS2, PSP, Xbox, GameCube, New 2DS XL, Switch

User Info: Dt22

Dt22
1 week ago#26
Bloodborne takes the cake for me but this is probably my second favourite edging out god of war.

The game has totally shocked me. I had high standards after 60+ hours with Hollow Knight and my first choice of AC Odyssey did not last long because I couldn’t stand the combat.

This game has such great flow and options to combat. I wasn’t expecting much but even the web swinging and physics of the whole game feels so satisfying.

I haven’t played HZD but I’d go

1-BB
2-Spiderman
3-GOW

User Info: PlayTheGnome

PlayTheGnome
1 week ago#27
Dt22 posted...
Bloodborne takes the cake for me but this is probably my second favourite edging out god of war.

The game has totally shocked me. I had high standards after 60+ hours with Hollow Knight and my first choice of AC Odyssey did not last long because I couldn’t stand the combat.

This game has such great flow and options to combat. I wasn’t expecting much but even the web swinging and physics of the whole game feels so satisfying.

I haven’t played HZD but I’d go

1-BB
2-Spiderman
3-GOW

I enjoy Bloodborne, for sure. I started the Old Hunters DLC a few months ago and for some reason didn't come back to it. I need to get back into it, as people rave about it.

MagillaGuerilla posted...
Well, plan on knocking this game down a notch when you play gow. And red dead is gonna seem amazing at first then get old halfway through. By the 6th chapter I was begging for it to end lol. The epilogue drove me insane.

I am now up to pretty much the end of the 6th chapter of RDR2 and you were right...lol...I'm definitely ready for it to end. Have enjoyed the game but wow did it take time for the story to ramp up. Didn't really get into the story until near the end of chapter 3. It's a really good game but I'm a bit mystified by all the critics who say it's a masterpiece. I think it ranks as the best-scored Metacritic PS4 title of all-time, a bit of a head-scratcher for me. I know some people love it to bits so not trying to knock them. Different tastes, I guess.
"A man chooses...a slave obeys"
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: TheAntiZealot

TheAntiZealot
1 week ago#28
Dt22 posted...
AC Odyssey did not last long because I couldn’t stand the combat.

Have you played other AC games? How does Odyssey compare/contrast?
TAZ
"It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me." -Xtreme65

User Info: Dt22

Dt22
1 week ago#29
TheAntiZealot posted...
Dt22 posted...
AC Odyssey did not last long because I couldn’t stand the combat.

Have you played other AC games? How does Odyssey compare/contrast?

I tried a tad of syndicate or unity, can’t remember but I didn’t like the combat in that one either.

The parry/dodge is in odyssey, so it’s similar to soulsborne mechanically but it is executed atrociously. I won’t get into it but the movement/physics and feel of combat feels way ‘off’. Reminded me of the Witcher 3 actually.

Can’t comment to much on earlier games but the one I played seemed like everything was instantly killed, poses little to no threat and took no thought to defeat.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: LILDOOP

LILDOOP
1 week ago#30
God of war 3 or 4 is the best exclusive of all time imo. Also, Bloodborne or spiderman? I'd probably go with bloodborne, but yea, Spidey is def top 5.
All hail Harada-san! ~
  1. Boards
  2. Marvel's Spider-Man
  3. Best Playstation-Exclusive game of all-time or just top-10?