You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Marvel's Spider-Man
  3. Best Playstation-Exclusive game of all-time or just top-10?

User Info: PlayTheGnome

PlayTheGnome
1 month ago#1
I'm sure what I'm about to say is nothing new but still wanted to say it. I'm about halfway through the game, but once I got used to the combat and a couple of other mechanics, the whole thing is just effortlessly flowing and is such an amazing experience. In my mind, a perfect combination of action, story, and puzzles. It really brings back that sense of magic and discovery to gaming that I haven't felt in several years, maybe not since "The Last of Us".

The flying and webbing around the city is a total exhilarating joy and the mechanism easily could have been messed up by lesser devs. You really do get the experience we have seen in all the movies, and I can't quite say that with the Batman Arkham games (great though they are, in their own right). In what other game is traveling around the environment such a joy as this?

Some may say the gameplay/combat is a bit repetitive and I will grant them that to a certain extent, but the game largely keeps things fresh and keeps you on your toes. There's so much to do in this game that I don't see how anyone could be bored. Just a complete immersive experience and you totally feel like you are a part of this world.

I would definitely put this game in my all-time PS top-10...I will decide by game's end whether it is my favorite PS game of all-time. There are a lot of competitors...TLOU and the Uncharted games, among them.

Where does this rank for you?
"A man chooses...a slave obeys"
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: MagillaGuerilla

MagillaGuerilla
1 month ago#2
Definitely not the best of all time...

In fact I was let down by the game. I just recently bought it during a buy 2 get 1 free sale because I enjoyed all 3 Batman games so much I was thinking “oh hell yeah they have perfected the formula now! Can’t wait to be spiderman again!”

Instead it just seems like an arcade game. It’s fun, don’t get me wrong, but after about 6 hours of play I got bored pretty quick. I’ve played more than that But that’s when the boredom started. The combat doesn’t feel visceral, the repetitiveness started very early on, and the gadgets don’t feel fun to me. When you punch someone in Batman it feels like it carried weight, like it really has force and impact to it. I don’t feel that here.

I’m gonna finish it, and it’s not a bad game it’s not, it’s just not an overly awesome game. It hasn’t pulled me into it like I thought it was going to.
The sun doesn't give its light to the moon assuming the moon is going to owe it one - Linkin Park
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: KANE_79

KANE_79
1 month ago#3
Probably the second-best exclusive of this generation, behind Bloodborne. Possibly top ten all-time, I'd have to think about my favourites from earlier generations.
Watch Out for Fireballs! A retro and non-current games podcast.
http://www.watchoutforfireballs.com

User Info: Metroid82

Metroid82
1 month ago#4
While I've enjoyed it thus far (around half way through I think), I would definitely give Horizon: Zero Dawn the top vote for PS4 exclusive. The gameplay was great, the side quests weren't as annoying (seriously Spiderman?! I don't want to chase pigeons), and HZD's story was phenomenal. Spiderman is in my top 5 for PS4 though.
In 1776 the King tried to stop Christmas b/c he had been put on the naughty list. Washington, Jefferson, Franklin went on an adventure to save Santa. -Nautdead

User Info: Nadal_Fan13

Nadal_Fan13
1 month ago#5
PlayTheGnome posted...
I'm sure what I'm about to say is nothing new but still wanted to say it. I'm about halfway through the game, but once I got used to the combat and a couple of other mechanics, the whole thing is just effortlessly flowing and is such an amazing experience. In my mind, a perfect combination of action, story, and puzzles. It really brings back that sense of magic and discovery to gaming that I haven't felt in several years, maybe not since "The Last of Us".

The flying and webbing around the city is a total exhilarating joy and the mechanism easily could have been messed up by lesser devs. You really do get the experience we have seen in all the movies, and I can't quite say that with the Batman Arkham games (great though they are, in their own right). In what other game is traveling around the environment such a joy as this?

Some may say the gameplay/combat is a bit repetitive and I will grant them that to a certain extent, but the game largely keeps things fresh and keeps you on your toes. There's so much to do in this game that I don't see how anyone could be bored. Just a complete immersive experience and you totally feel like you are a part of this world.

I would definitely put this game in my all-time PS top-10...I will decide by game's end whether it is my favorite PS game of all-time. There are a lot of competitors...TLOU and the Uncharted games, among them.

Where does this rank for you?

Definitely not close to the best of all time for me - but I did really really like it. I gave it a 9/10. The movement around the city is literally perfect and free flowing. The combat is amazing. The story is decent. I walked away after getting the platinum feeling really content but not blown away. I'm not even sure if I could point my finger as to what it was missing, but there was something keeping it from getting a 10/10 for me. The Last of Us is one of my favorite games ever - I've played it maybe 3-4 times from start to finish. i would have no reason to replay Spider-Man...it's top 10 for exclusives.

Better exclusives:
TLOU, Bloodborne (best of all time), GOW, Horizon Zero Dawn, Uncharted series
"It's a funny thing, ambition. It can take one to sublime heights or harrowing depths. And sometimes they are one and the same."
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: MagillaGuerilla

MagillaGuerilla
1 month ago#6
I agree with the exclusives at the bottom
The sun doesn't give its light to the moon assuming the moon is going to owe it one - Linkin Park

User Info: thegreatwumbo

thegreatwumbo
1 month ago#7
Definetly top 10 for me.
I resent that! Slander is spoken!

User Info: ExperiencePoint

ExperiencePoint
1 month ago#8
Top 10 for me.

User Info: SSJKaioShin

SSJKaioShin
1 month ago#9
PS4 has had some amazing exclusives. I would put it up there with God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, Bloodborne, Last of Us, etc. It's definitely in that top tier but probably not the best.
Never argue with an idiot they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience

User Info: FGAssassinMit

FGAssassinMit
1 month ago#10
Top 10 for me.

I really enjoy the Playstation's exclusives. They really are some fantastic games Sony has. They've got Uncharted, God of War, Horizon, Days Gone, Bloodborne, TLoU, Marvel's Spider-Man. Seriously their exclusive library is crazy good. Glad I've stayed with Sony all these years.
PSN-griffyrules915
  1. Boards
  2. Marvel's Spider-Man
  3. Best Playstation-Exclusive game of all-time or just top-10?